NHL Trade Deadline Thread: Part IV - Cole Heads to a Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
As an optimist I'll try and find a positive spin on this.

Here is all I have got:

Gudbranson is a tough guy. In the playoffs he will take liberties. He will beat the piss out of people who try to go after our stars.

That's all I got. He's terrible by all other metrics.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So yeah... we tried the whole "give him a chance even though literally everything about the guy screams failure" with Jack Johnson. That didn't turn out so swell.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
He's 27 years old. Just around the time many defenders hit thier prime. He was never flashy offensively but if he could be a solid stay at home defender with some meat and potatoes im fine with it.

Simmonds just took off our best defesidef dman and nobody did **** . At least you would hope EG would do something . Guy already took it to Wilson this year . He it a top 3 overall pick that never panned out. Can we work anything here? Pearson wasn't anything

My f***ing god. Yes, our issues this year can be boiled down to no one throwing a punch at Simmonds.

Follow JR out the door.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
If we are looking for silver linings after the last game I was convinced that the Pens weren't going to accomplish anything this year. This trade has removed any lingering doubt about that. We can all move on with our lives now. This team is done.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I refuse to check the trade boards thread... I cant take geting mocked. Its enough JR are making my life miserable.

meh f*** the trade board mockers. How many cups do their teams have in the past few years? Nothing they can say would bother me.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
As an optimist I'll try and find a positive spin on this.

Here is all I have got:

Gudbranson is a tough guy. In the playoffs he will take liberties. He will beat the piss out of people who try to go after our stars.

That's all I got. He's terrible by all other metrics.

:laugh::laugh:

Reactions: canadianguy77

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
There’s no way Mario and Burkle are enjoying the complete philosophical change leading to terrible salary books and the biggest failed season in 13 years right?

There’s hope that JR f***s off right?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I feel like I'm reliving the latter years of Shero.
This is exactly what I thought of as well. JJ and Gudbranson are JR's version of the endless Scuderi/Eaton/Pyatt/Comrie/other random garbage moves Shero made as his tenure here circled the drain.'

I can't wait to see video of JR's presser. Where he's just stumbling/mumbling through sentences, looks sickly in his complexion, keeps pumping the tires of another questionable decision.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
We're done for the day ...
Gudbranson/Pearson trade is here.
Wideman/Dea trade thread is here.
GMJR thread is here.
I'll get a new cap thread going in a few minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad