Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
DyqSKoaX4AATc2G.jpg

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Throw the season away we aren’t winning the cup.

Guentzel-Crosby-XXXX
XXXX-Malkin-XXXX
XXXX-McCann-Rust
XXXX-Blueger-XXXX

Dumo-Letang
XXXX-Schultz
XXXX-XXXX

Murray

You can trade everyone not in that list before next season and I’ll be fine with it. Time to change everything before we become miserable. Do it JR, don’t be stupid. We have a chance to become a young speedy team quickly if he makes the right moves. Focus on Speed, Speed, Speed.

Kessel, Bjustad, Horny, Maatta, Pearson, JJ. etc... All gone. I’m sure Horny is worth something good if you put his name out now.

BLOW IT UP! Who’s with me? :laugh:

If we were going to sell - we should have leaked Hornqvist's name a month ago. He'd command a kings ransom from a playoff contender. With all the pieces having already been moved, would be selling low. He's definitely a trade-deadline piece though. Player like that commands the most value this time of year when unsuspecting contenders are looking to stack up.

The other names I'm absolutely on board with shipping out this summer. McCann was the 'get' from FL - Bjugs for a bag of pucks. The names you mentioned: Kessel, Bjugs, Horny, Maatta, Pearson, JJ - cap wise, is a truck load. Assuming Kessel and Horny stay, Bjugs, Maatta, Pearson, and JJ combine for 15M.

I don't think becoming a young speedy team is as easy as you think though. There's at least 11 other teams in the league who want those types of players and it's a seller's market if you have them. Adding solid pieces who can return value within 3-5 seasons is what we need. That's our BEST window with Sid/Geno (though they might be fine for another 6+ years who knows) and that's the range we should maximize.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Be strong, JR. If there's not a deal there that helps us for several years (meaning a guy who is 25ish), stand pat, take your lumps and go big this summer. BE STRONG.

Amen. But then the same people that were screaming for him to sell will say that he made no effort to get better. That's why I love lurking around the TDL threads.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pens aren’t a player or two away. They have major flaws. They should sell if anything.

They are good enough to get into the playoffs with a guy or two, what happens from there is better than no playoffs. For the team, that is. Once you start selling off that will start a slippery slope that they might not survive.

They can add guys who will help, even if it doesn't pan out this year. Don't trust the UFA process, and the core is getting a little long in the tooth to wait on picks panning out.

SaucyCelly

Feb 21, 2019
CAR Ask PoV

1. 2019 1st
2. Blueger
3. Jarry
4. Horny if Ferland is traded?
5. Pearson w/ Retention?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Okay Bob Nutting :sarcasm:

Don't put that evil on me, brah!

But no for real... they stand a very good chance of not making the playoffs this year. I know ownership can absorb some loss but that's one reason. If they are going to truly retool in the Summer and/or at the draft it would be nice to have some extra futures to play with. Along with the requisite cap room. Just a way of lessening the sting ahead of time instead of simply reacting to everything at the last possible second.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sucks that JR has failed miserably since the 2017 Cup to the point where he is today.

Seen an Edler update where they wanna sign him to a 3yr deal but Edler wants a NMC which VAN doesn't wanna give due to the auto-protect in the expansion draft thing.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad