NHL Trade Deadline Thread: Part IV - Cole Heads to a Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
And Stone is very likely off the market in the summer.

Yeah, time to start interviewing GM candidates who have a long term view and have a view towards where the league is headed. This "try to extend the current window with toughness and size" malarkey is not going to work.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
This likely means we can't afford to re-up Schultz, and Maatta is gone. For all the Maatta haters, well, here's another use of 4m. But at least he's right handed.

This is a kneejerk reaction to the "toughness" issue. This is why I had no issue with Ryan Reaves being on the team. He was a respectable 4th liner. Gudbranson is terrible, it will be like having Brooks Orpik back.

Same number also

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
giphy.gif

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Pearson for a bag of pucks and the salary cap back was the move to make. What in the hell, JR.

Streit, Hunwick, Johnson, Gudbranson

He should not be allowed to acquire defensemen anymore. Glad to see Pearson gone, but man that's awful. Nobody surprised though - if it's not someone with a top-10 plus/minus in the negative category or a former Hurricane JR doesn't know what to do.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I'm so confused. He's not even a rental, we're going to have 6 defensemen getting paid $3+ million? We're going to lose Schultz because of JJ and Gudbranson, what the f*** JR.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Would rather have Gudbranson than Pearson .

If we can make him anything into what his potential should be it's fine with me.

Funny that he was traded for Jared McCann and some picks

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
And Stone is very likely off the market in the summer.

Yeah, time to start interviewing GM candidates who have a long term view and have a view towards where the league is headed. This "try to extend the current window with toughness and size" malarkey is not going to work.
Stone signed for 9.5m 5 minutes after the trade to Vegas

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Went from winning with youth and speed to out of nowhere acquiring slow meatheads while we sit a good young Dman because he isn't a "gritty vet"

Reactions: Lustaf

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Did they pretty much just pull the trigger because he plays defense and is right handed? Because I don't see how Gudbranson helps this defense in any meaningful way. They needed to get faster, smarter and handsier as a unit. Not slower, dumber and less talented.

Reactions: Andy99

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
I don't ever want to hear JR has made good moves lately......turned a Hagelin who was a fan favorite into a slow #6 d-men with 3 more years left on the contract with like 3+ million cap hit.

f*** YOU JR!!! YOU GERIATRIC f***!

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Would rather have Gudbranson than Pearson .

If we can make him anything into what his potential should be it's fine with me.

Funny that he was traded for Jared McCann and some picks
What potential? He's been in the league for 8 years and still sucks. I think he just sucks.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I cant put into words how mad I am right now. That is a seriously crippling move. The type of move that ends a cup window. We're f***ed.

Reactions: Andy99

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I mean, this kinda completes the McCann trade since these two were moved for each other once upon a time? Now we have every bit of him.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
They got a guy way worse than Ruhwedel for 4 mill

From Jim Benning

JR shouldn’t even be allowed to drive.

Reactions: Lustaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway