NHL Trade Deadline Thread: Part IV - Cole Heads to a Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
This is going to shock some people but how about we actually see how Gudbranson does, tough ask I know..
It's a worrisome indication when you have Canucks fans coming in and very literally celebrating, saying "Thank f***, the Gudbranson experiment is over."

I'd imagine it's akin to what happened here when Scuderi was moved to Chicago--only Gudbranson's got 2 more years at $4 million a year.

Reactions: td_ice

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Know what, if Gudbranson was a pending UFA, I'd tolerate it. I'd at least say that "hey, at least we're out of that salary commitment for beyond this year". But no, he's signed long term at $4 million. They added an actual right handed Jack Johnson, and that is no exaggeration, that's signed for $4 million a year for 2.5 years. This is coming from someone who has defended JR way more than anyone else here: **** you, JR, for ruining this team with Crosby and Malkin.

I'm pretty sure he's actually substantially worse than JJ.

Maybe JR did this so that JJ will look good in comparison?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Brutal, brutal, brutal trade. JR is way too attached to former high picks with physical tools.

Cant wait to see the JJ-EG pairing simply break every advanced statistics model with how bad they are.

Sam W Hyde

Nov 19, 2018
jr.png

Crashing this team... WITH NO SURVIVORS

Reactions: Andy99

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
They probably view Gudbranson as a slightly better option than Oleksiak, and a way better physical threat / fighter.

Yes, you’ll get the drama queens saying that enforcers don’t work etc.

It’s not about deterring guys like Wilson anymore, it’s about having a guy that’s willing to go after Wilson’s jaw after Wilson pulls his inevitable non sense. No deterrence, just team morale.

With that said, this trade is a stretch. Hagelin turns into Gudbranson? C’mon.

Side note: I think JJ turns into a warrior in the playoffs and we all end up laying off a little. Just a hunch. Between everything tightening up, and his penchant to get physical...

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
JR went out of his way to add the 2 worst defenseman in the league in like a 7 month time frame.

Well at least he’s consistent and he’s going to work hard to be best the GM at getting the worst defensemen...

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Everyone feared something like this would happen but even I didn't think it would be this bad.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
It's a worrisome indication when you have Canucks fans coming in and very literally celebrating, saying "Thank ****, the Gudbranson experiment is over."

I'd imagine it's akin to what happened here when Scuderi was moved to Chicago--only Gudbranson's got 2 more years at $4 million a year.

Edmonton fans were glad when Schultz left..

Reactions: Giskard

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Only positives:

-all our picks are gonna be going up and up the more games JJ and Guds play
-Guds will actually fight the Tom Wilson's, Simmond's of the league and put a hurtin' on them. Not a p***ycat that Rig was

All i got, folks.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I have heard two different people say that he or Johnson will be scratched when healthy. They said “Petterson has been clearly the better player so they can’t justify keeping either of these guys in the lineup over him.” Oh my my my how they are going to be disappointed

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm pretty sure he's actually substantially worse than JJ.

Maybe JR did this so that JJ will look good in comparison?

Yes, he is worse than Johnson. I remember looking for guys who had worse shot impacts than Johnson, Gudbranson was one of those guys.

Like mother ****ing, what was this senile bat thinking? How could this even possibly be considered a good move? Realistically, this is going to make the Penguins bottom pair Johnson-Gudbranson once Maatta is healthy.

Reactions: Malkinstheman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino