NHL Trade Deadline Thread: Part IV - Cole Heads to a Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Like holy ****ing ****, fire this senile old man before he ruins this damn team any further.
Too late. It's done. We'll never be able to get rid of this contract and JJ's contract. We had this season and maybe the next 2 for a chance. The window is now shut.

On the bright side, at least they're starting the rebuilding early though. We can probably get enough high-end picks in the next 5 or so years to make the team competitive again.

Reactions: Lustaf

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Is it time to start looking up what 6 foot 5 players are in this draft?

JR clearly loves giant mutants these days lmao. f***ing a. I'm so stunned by JR's moves these past 18 months that I'm actually laughing instead of being mad.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
giphy.gif

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Went from winning with youth and speed to out of nowhere acquiring slow meatheads while we sit a good young Dman because he isn't a "gritty vet"

Guerin and Recchi have to go. Why Recchi? Well, I haven't seen a forward back-check since he took over for Tocchet. And Guerin clearly loves the big loads, based on WBS.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
The one way to ensure we waste away the rest of Crosby and Malkin's career would be to get mired in cap hell and not be flexible. As long as pieces outside the core were reasonable and movable, we could tinker until we caught something that worked. We just blew that to bits the past year.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I legit wonder if JR's suffering from some kind of brain malady. This is indication he's learned nothing from how the JJ deal has played out. "Signed an awful player to a 5-year deal? He's been just as awful as he's been for the past decade? f*** it, dude--give me Gudbranson." :laugh:

You just gotta sigh, shake your head and laugh, guys. It's comedy now.

People talk about the window closing as Sid and Geno get older, but they refer to it coming as time catches up to aging megastars, not because the team's Methuselah shambled over to said window like a zombie and slammed it shut with an arrogant, spiteful certainty in his actions.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Why do we need more big, slow defenders who can't do anything with the puck? Astonishing stupidity. Trading for the player with the worst plus minus in the league right in the midst of being heavily criticized for having acquired a similar player with similarly terrible plus minus is such a childish move. Doubling down and refusing to admit mistake. Sid and Geno need to revolt and demand from Mario actual puck moving defencemen, not these dinosaurs.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think that given this year I can find two doctors to certify for commitment purposes that JR is suffering from acute dementia which has caused visible signs of cognitive impairment.

Reactions: Lustaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad