NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
@washcaps - Caps clinch 8th seed! And Ovie finishes 1st in goals with 40, after a late surge. Winning his 6th Rocket Richard Trophy and 3rd consecutive. WOO!

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

:caps

April 13th, 2015

End of season report

Caps squeak into playoffs, clinch birth for first time in three years

i1.jpeg

Mike Ribeiro 'Ribs', had a great season. Finishing 1st in points for the Capitals.

It was an overall good season, considering we finally made the playoffs. Even if it was the 8th seed, playoffs are playoffs, and anything can happen. No one ever said it was easy to Clinch a playoff berth.

Braden Holtby outplayed Michal Neuvirth this year so that is a question of who should start game 1 of the playoffs. Branden didn't finish top 8 in any stats but still played good. Mike Ribeiro finished 6th in assists, and as mentioned Alex Ovechkin finished 1st in goals. One ahead of Mac Pacioretty.

We finished with a final record of 41-31-10 (41-41). Tied at .500. Two points ahead of 9th placed Tampa Bay.

Team Stats
Goals For Per Game - 8th, 2.83
Goals Against Per Game - 22nd, 2.74
Power Play % - 8th, 18.4 %
Penalty Kill % - 11th, 83.1 %

With a 22-14-5 Home Record and 19-17-5 Away Record.

Player Stats
Name | Position | Goals | Assists | Points
Mike Ribeiro|C|22|54|76
Alex Ovechkin|LW|40|28|68
Nicklas Backstrom|C|19|48|67
Vinny Lecavalier|C|17|35|52
Mathieu Perreault|C|15|29|44
Lee Stempniak|RW|18|16|34
Marty Erat|RW|12|19|31
Brooks Laich|C|13|15|28
Jay McClement|C|11|11|22
Casey Wellman|C|7|12|19
Danny Paille|LW|5|13|18
Marcus Johansson|C|11|3|14
Mike Green|RD|13|31|44
Ryan Whitney (60GP)|LD|12|25|37
John Carlson|RD|10|24|34
Karl Alzner|LD|3|26|29
Francois Beauchemin (81GP)|LD|5|23|28
Dmitry Orlov (74GP)|LD|1|11|12
Jeff Schultz (63GP)|LD|4|8|12

Goalie Stats
Name | GP | Record | GAA | SV% | S.O .
Braden Holtby|50|29-15-1-3|2.36|.924|4
Michal Neuvrith|34|12-15-3-3|2.78|.905|1

In Round 1 we're facing the Presidents' Trophy Winning Toronto Maple Leafs. They finished with a record of 58-18-6, 122 points. They're a very good team and this is a good match-up. In 4 games VS. them this year they dominated us, by scores of: (7-0 L, 3-2 L, 3-1 L, 3-0 L). So we may look in trouble but anything can happen. Lastly, Rosters:

Toronto Maple Leafs (1st)

James van Riemsdyk (87 Overall) 'A' - Nazem Kadri (83 Overall) - Radm Vrbata (82 Overall)
Joffrey Lupul (84 Overall) 'A' - Mikhail Grabovski (82 Overall) - Clark Macarthur (84 Overall)
Nikolai Kulemin (82 Overall) - Tyler Bozak (80 Overall) - Dennis Kamaev (79 Overall)
Tim Connolly (77 Overall) - Joe Colborne (80 Overall) - Mikhail Samuelsson (78 Overall)

Dion Phaneuf (89 Overall) 'C' - Jake Gardiner (87 Overall)
John-Micheal Liles (85 Overall) - Cody Franson (85 Overall)
Morgan Rielly (82 Overall) - Carl Gunnarsson (82 Overall)

James Reimer (84 Overall) - Jonathan Bernier (83 Overall)

Washington Capitals (8th)

Alex Ovechkin (93 Overall) 'C' - Nicklas Backstrom (88 Overall) 'A' - Mike Ribeiro (84 Overall)
Mathieu Perreault (82 Overall) - Vinny Lecavalier (85 Overall) - Marty Erat (82 Overall)
Marcus Johansson (79 Overall) - Brooks Laich (82 Overall) - Lee Stempniak (81 Overall)
Danny Paille (76 Overall) - Jay McClement (77 Overall) - Casey Wellman (80 Overall)

Ryan Whitney (86 Overall) - Mike Green (86 Overall) 'A'
Karl Alzner (84 Overall) - John Carlson (85 Overall)
Francois Beauchemin (83 Overall) - Jeff Schultz (82 Overall)

Braden Holtby (83 Overall) - Oscar Dansk (77 Overall)

We sent Michal down to the AHL as we are starting Braden for thsi series. He deserved it. We picked Jeff to play over Dmitry Orlov and needed to clear some cap space we that little switch-a-roo worked.

Will we move on? Stay tuned.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
^ Congrats!

Does anyone know why the Scandinavian players develop that well? There are always dozens of Finns and Swedes who are at 62 or so in the 2012-2013 season and after that year they are in the mid-70's. Most of them have only 3 star potential. I never see any players from NA who develop like that.

Second thing: Do you also have no U.S.-born draftees at all? The created players usually are from Canada or Europe. In my 2013 draft there was no U.S. American drafted at all and in the 2014 draft there was one in each of the last three rounds.

It is mostly Europeans and Canadians, but I see a decent amount of American players. One of the players I picked up in the upcoming draft is American, he's a solid prospect. Can't go into more detail yet of course.

For some reason in my Philly GM there was an absurd number of Ukrainians going in the first round every year. :laugh:

About to write-up a post.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
^ Judging by the amount of Ukrainians in my Philly GM, it must be random.

:ducks2
March 3rd, 2014
Cleaning Up the Mess
Five Players Traded at Deadline

San+Jose+Sharks+v+Los+Angeles+Kings+2dx6asQ6KFll.jpg

Defenseman Jason Demers was acquired from the San Jose Sharks at the 2014 trade deadline.

As mentioned before, it looked like things would either go fairly well or horribly wrong for the Anaheim Ducks. The season hasn't been horrible, but it's one to forget. A record of 26-27-7 gives them 59 points, which is third-worst in the NHL. So like most team having a crappy season do, Anaheim traded away lots of their veterans. Names like Toni Lydman, Sheldon Souray, and Matthew Lombardi were moved, along with two other players. Solid returns came back Anaheim's way.

Trade #1

:wings

D Toni Lydman (81, 36 years old)

:ducks

D Xaiver Ouellet (58, 20 years old, 4 yellow stars)

Trade #2

:sharks

C Matthew Lombardi (81, 31 years old)
D Sheldon Souray (80, 37 years old)
C David Steckel (76, 31 years old)
RW Matt Kennedy (72, 24 years old, 2.5 red stars)

2014 1st Round Pick
D Jason Demers (84, 25 years old, 4 red stars)

Francois Beauchemin and Saku Koivu were also being shopped, but the Ducks couldn't get anyone to bite. They reportedly made a few offers to teams involving those players, but couldn't get any teams to agree with them on player prices.

Bobby Ryan (86) - Ryan Getzlaf (88, C) - Corey Perry (88, A)
Alexander Steen (83) - Saku Koivu (80) - Mason Raymond (80)
Matt Beleskey (82) - Nick Bonino (80) - Kyle Palmieri (77)
Harry Zolnierczyk (75) - Daniel Winnik (77) - Devante Smith-Pelly (75)

Luca Sbisa (86) - Francois Beauchemin (86, A)
Andrew Ference (83) - Jason Demers (84)
Cam Fowler (79) - Mat Clark (75)

Jonas Hiller (83) - Joey MacDonald (75)

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

April 23rd, 2015.

Playoff Round 1 Recap

Short-Lived Playoff Run for Capitals

ovechkin-backstrom_620-thumb-620xauto-193337.jpg

Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom were the only players that really did anything in this series.

It was a very short-lived playoff run that finished in 5 games. We stayed in most of the games but didn't have enough. I honestly thought we could compete with them, roster to roster.. I guess not.. :shakehead

Captain Alex Ovechkin put up 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists) in 5 games played, while Nick Backstrom put up 3 points (2 goals, 1 assists). No one else put up more than 1 point, and many players put up 0 points. Not acceptable.

Braden Holtby played the 1st 3 games of the series and went 0-3, unfortunately. With a 2.08 GAA, .935 SV%. While Michal Neuvrith played 1 1/2 games? and finished with a record of 1-1 with a 1.33 GAA, .914 SV%, and 1 shutout. We only played 5 games but said both goalies combined for 6 games played. I dunno, either...

Game 1: Toronto Wins 3-1
Game 2: Toronto Wins 1-0
Game 3: Toronto Wins 3-2

Game 4: Washington Wins 1-0 (Nick Backstrom OT GWG)
Game 5: Toronto Wins 5-2

If I still have a Job next year, many changes will be made. We need a shake-up in this organization.

-----------------------------------

Next: Off-Season.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
@washcaps - Head Coach Adam Oates and GM JaredCowenFan Re-Signed to 1/year contracts.

@washcaps - Caps AHL affiliate the Hershey Bears made in all the way to the 3rd round but were eliminated by the Springfield Falcons in 6 games. Nice try boys. Big progression!

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

June 23rd, 2015.

Mike Green takes home the James Norris Trophy

green5.jpg

Mike has put up 35-47 points in each of his last 3 seasons.

I actually didn't think he'd take it home, I always thought and saw the James Norris winner was the Defender that finished with the most points at the end of the season, but Mike was a wild card. Well deserved, nonetheless.

Mike finished tied for 8th in Defenceman scoring with 13 goals, and 31 assists, to equal 44 points. He also put up a staggering +29 rating.

I guess that high + rating gave him the trophy. He was the highest rated +/- defender in the league. Either way, a big congratulations to Mike!

His contract expires this year, so he's going to want a boost. Hope we can lock him up long-term. :nod:

-------------------------------------

Next: Draft & Signings.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Seeing all these new moves and selections is making it harder to play with such an outdated team. Hope there is atleast 1 update before '14. Oh well, I'll try to continue.

More and more I look at it I keep loosing interest in continuing. I want an update... Or come faster NHL14!

Last edited:

rtg1996

Apr 5, 2013
Breaking: Tragedy out of ohio

August 4- The US Coast Guard has confirmed that the plane carrying the Columbus Blue Jackets home to Ohio from their summer camp in Helsinki has went down in the Atlantic ocean. No survivors are reported, however, not everyone is accounted for. More information to come.

--------------------------------------UPDATE--------------------------------------

The US Coast Guard has located every member of the Blue Jackets organization on the flight, there are no survivors reported. Members of the Blue Jackets organization that were confirmed dead on the flight include:

42 ARTEM ANISIMOV
40 JARED BOLL
11 MATT CALVERT
14 BLAKE COMEAU
17 BRANDON DUBINSKY
71 NICK FOLIGNO
10 MARIAN GABORIK
9 COLTON GILLIES
55 MARK LETESTU
24 DEREK MACKENZIE
22 VINNY PROSPAL
18 RJ UMBERGER
33 ADRIAN AUCOIN
7 JACK JOHNSON
6 NIKITA NIKITIN
51 FEDOR TYUTIN
21 JAMES WISNIEWSKI
72 SERGEI BOBROVSKY
49 MICHAEL LEIGHTON
Head Coach: TODD RICHARDS
Assistant Coaches:
DAN HINOTE
IAN CLARK
KEVIN COLLINS
CHRIS CLARK
DAN SINGLETON
General Manager: JARMO KEKALAINEN
Assistant General Manager: CHRIS MaCFARLAND
Senior Advisor, Hockey Operations: CRAIG PATRICK

The plane is believed to have gone down because of the severe storm it passed through, and did not have enough fuel to turn around and land back in Helsinki.

--- ONE WEEK LATER ---

August 11th- @TSNBobMcKenzie: NHL to have meeting with Blue Jackets Ownership inquiring on the operation on the team for the 2012-13 Season

August 12th- @TSNBobMcKenzie: Columbus ownership willing to go ahead with season, given a management staff and full roster presents itself.

August 13th- @DarrenDreger: Hearing that Brian Burke has reached out, willing to fill the GM role on the team

-@TSNBobMcKenzie: Pat Quinn has contacted Columbus ownership about head coaching job.

August 15th- @TSNBobMcKenzie: Awaiting confirmation, but hearing both Brian Burke and Pat Quinn will be brought in as GM and head coach respectively

- @Real_ESPNLeBrun: Can confirm the hirings of Burke and Quinn. Burke and Quinn will now meet, and decide on how to fill roster.

August 16th- @TSNBobMcKenzie NHL notifies Blue Jackets roster must be filled by September 23rd

Roster Updates and More To Follow...

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@StapeNewsday The Islanders hold the 11th overall pick for the second season in a row. Crazy that they pick 11th and only missed the playoffs by tiebreaker.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
June 23, 2014
Ducks Wheel and Deal at Draft,
Select Franchise Player

Reinhart_Sam_11_12_11910.jpg

Sam Reinhart has brilliant offensive skills and defensive awareness, and looks to be NHL-ready.

The 2013-14 Anaheim Ducks campaign was just all-around crappy. The only bright spot was that Ryan Getzlaf finished 4th in league scoring, with 90 points. 39 year old forward Saku Koivu announced his retirement shortly after the season's end, leaving a big hole in the Ducks' roster at the second line center position. Their 34-38-10 record was the fifth-worst in the NHL, so they were slated to pick fifth overall at the draft. But they did not, and they actually ending up picking both tenth overall and first overall. Anaheim was targeting center prospect Sam Reinhart, who was expected to go second overall. But to make sure they got him, the Ducks moved their way up to the first selection. They did so by trading with the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets got a solid return in exchange for the pick, but many think it was a good trade for both sides.

:jets

5th overall pick
35th overall pick
C Rickard Rakell (66 overall, 21 years old, 4 yellow stars)

1st overall pick

As mentioned earlier, the Ducks selected Sam Reinhart of the Kootenay Ice, who they had their eyes on all year. He projects to be a franchise player. He has elite offensive skills and is great in his own zone. Most experts agree that he is the most complete player from this draft and also has the highest ceiling. But, also as mentioned earlier, the Ducks also picked tenth overall. They made another trade, this time with the Ottawa Senators, just before the Senators were about to pick. Heading Ottawa's way was a package that included top-pairing defender Francois Beauchemin. The Ducks got a solid prospect in Matt Puempel, along with the tenth overall pick and a couple of contract dumps.

:sens

D Francois Beauchemin (86, 33 years old)
D Tim Heed (74, 23 years old, 3 yellow stars)
G Brenden Fiebelkorn (53, 20 years old, 3.5 yellow stars)

10th overall pick
LW Matt Puempel (66 overall, 21 years old, 4 yellow stars)
LW Matt Kassian (67 overall, 27 years old)
G Nathan Lawson (71 overall, 30 years old)

With the tenth pick, Anaheim selected offensive defenseman Edgar Elson. He is a bit of a project, and might take a while to reach the NHL, but has top-four potential.

Notable Ducks Draft Picks
# | Player | Position | Overall | Age | Potential | Country
1|Sam Reinhart|Center|76 PLY|18|4.5 Green|Canada
10|Edgar Elson|Defense|58 OFD|19|4 Yellow|America
25|Mikhail Ovechkin|Defense|60 TWD|20|3.5 Yellow|Latvia

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@StapeNewsday GM Pooky: "We have two trades to announce that will change the immediate and long-term complexion of the franchise." #Isles

@StapeNewsday GM Pooky: "Michael Grabner, Thomas Hickey, and our second round pick next year have been sent to Boston in exchange for Malcolm Subban and the eighth overall pick in this year's draft." #Isles

@StapeNewsday GM Pooky: "We'd like to thank Michael and Thomas for their contributions to the Islanders organization." #Isles

@StapeNewsday GM Pooky: "Frans Nielsen, Ty Wishart, and our first round pick next year were traded to Tampa Bay for the third overall pick in this draft." #Isles

@StapeNewsday GM Pooky: "Frans and Ty have been nothing but consummate professionals and we wish them the best." #Isles

@StapeNewsday The #Isles now hold the third, eighth, and eleventh picks in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad