Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
seattle-times-logo.gif

April 13, 2016

Elite

402A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_QfM_zps8ce248b1.jpg

Rookie goaltender Daniel Cotton, picked first overall in 2014, is considered a Vezina candidate.

Even though they've only been around for four seasons, the Seattle Gladiators are now considered one of the NHL's best teams. Three teams have been grouped into a category called the "Elite Three" in the Western Conference. The Chicago Blackhawks, Seattle Gladiators, and Columbus Blue Jackets all finished with 109 points. The Blackhawks were awarded the Presidents' Trophy, because they had the most ROW of all teams.

Seattle finished with a record of 50-23-9, and own the second seed in the Western Conference. The seventh-seeded Vancouver Canucks will be the Gladiators' first round opponent. Seattle's offense ranked 7th (2.78 goals for per game), and their powerplay ranked 15th (16.4%). Those are not overly impressive, but their defensive stats are. The Gladiators ranked first in the league for goals against per game at 2.17, and their penalty kill also ranked first, at 89.6%. Andy Miele led the team with 75 points. Phil Kessel was just behind him with 73, and their linemate Cory Conacher finished with 70 points. The lines were shuffled shortly into the season; this is what they look like now:

Cory Conacher (84) - Andy Miele (84) - Phil Kessel (89)
Nikita Filatov (79) - *Nathan MacKinnon (80) - Dale Wiese (85)
Chris Brown (78) - Jay McClement (78) - Andrew Cogliano (82)
Kaspars Daugavins (77) - Ryan White (78) - Derek Dorsett (74)

David Rundblad (89) - Oliver Ekman-Larsson (87)
Brandon Gormley (86) - Chris Summers (83)
Corey Potter (77) - Maxim Goncharov (77)

*Daniel Cotton (83) - Jimmy Howard (84)

* indicates rookie skater

By far the most impressive part of this season for the Glads was the play of rookie goaltender Daniel Cotton. He is considered a front-runner for both the Calder Memorial Trophy and the Vezina Trophy. He appeared in 56 games for Seattle, racking up 36 wins, and an amazing 1.97 goals against average. His save percentage was .936%, and he had seven shutouts. He even recorded a shutout in his first NHL game.

Player Stats

Andy Miele - 22 goals, 53 assists, 75 points
Phil Kessel - 33 goals, 40 assists, 73 points
Cory Conacher - 24 goals, 46 assists, 70 points
Dale Weise - 27 goals, 23 assists, 50 points
Nathan MacKinnon - 14 goals, 31 assists, 45 points
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 14 goals, 30 assists, 44 points
David Rundblad - 15 goals, 24 assists, 39 points
Brandon Gormley - 4 goals, 34 assists, 38 points
Nikita Filatov - 10 goals, 19 assists, 29 points
Andrew Cogliano - 7 goals, 20 assists, 27 points
Chris Brown - 13 goals, 9 assists, 22 points
Ryan White - 7 goals, 15 assists, 22 points
Jay McClement - 11 goals, 10 assists, 21 points
Chris Summers - 5 goals, 15 assists, 20 points
Derek Dorsett - 6 goals, 10 assists, 16 points
Corey Potter - 5 goals, 7 assists, 12 points
Kaspars Daugavins - 5 goals, 5 assists, 10 points
Maxim Gonacharov - 0 goals, 7 assists, 7 points

Goaltender Stats

Daniel Cotton - 56 GP, 36-15-5, 1.97 GAA, .936%, 7 shutouts
Jimmy Howard - 28 GP, 14-8-4, 2.01 GAA, .932%, 2 shutouts​

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
^ Again I ask, how are you doing so well?

I have no idea :laugh: I think the team I have now should be more like a 5th-7th seed but 2nd is good too :)

Didn't expect Cotton to play so well right off the bat. He has a great reflexes category so that's probably why. His puck skills category is not that good yet so I think that's why his overall is only 83.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
How I was doing better with a team that shouldn't make the Playoffs VS. a Team that is 2nd Round, 3rd Round caliber and not winning is a perfect example of how bad this game really is.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
:devils

Devils sellers at deadline, trade for Prospect, picks

william_carrier_cape_breton_030412.jpg

William Carrier of the QMJHL's Cape Breton Screaming Eagles was acquired by the Devils at the deadline.

We felt we weren't in a great spot to make the Playoffs and we didn't want to risk it, so we just traded off all of our older players. We traded Patrik Elias, to the New York Rangers, Evgeni Nabokov to his former team, the Sharks and traded Danius Zubrus to the Oilers. We tried to send Brodeur to a contender so he could try and get another Cup but noone could take his contract and I just couldn't find anyone to take him. The trades we did make, we did get some return for them, as we hoped..

:rangers

Patrik Elias (37 Years Old, 2nd Line Forward, 82 Overall)
Alexei Dakeev (20 Years Old, Unsigned Prospect, 2 Stars)

New York Rangers 2014 1st Round Pick
Anton Stralman (27 years old, AHL'er)

:sharks

Evgeni Nabokov (38 Years Old, Back-up Goalie, 81 Overall)

William Carrier (19 Years Old, 4 Stars)

:edmonton

Danius Zubrus (35 Years Old, 4th Line Forward, 76 Overall)

Edmonton's 2014 2nd Round Pick

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

Devils finish 20th in League

ilya-kovalchuk-new-jersey-devils.jpg

Ilya Kovalchuk led us in points again, this time with 72 points.

It wasn't a great year, it wasn't a HORRIBLE year either. It was more on the bad side though. We did lots of Line-up changes but nothing clicked. Kovalchuk played well, along with our Defence. They got most of the points, believe it or not. Brodeur played alright, inless he doesn't retire(which I'm sure he will, he's 41) he'll finish with 729 wins and go down as the best goaltender in NHL history (Stats wise and however you wanna look at it). Team Stats were bottom group of the league.

I don't feel like showing the stats, as I don't know how much it matters, considering we didn't even make the Playoffs. Off-season next.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Thinking of starting a new GM in the East to go along my Canucks one. Feel like I will dominate on that one.

Thinking Devils. Old roster needing changes. Or Tampa Bay.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Thinking of starting a new GM in the East to go along my Canucks one. Feel like I will dominate on that one.

Thinking Devils. Old roster needing changes. Or Tampa Bay.

Haven't seen a good Flyers or Sabres dynasty in a while (though I haven't read the entire thread history either).

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
@ JCF- I've always found that 10th overall in the draft is a good spot, it'll be interesting to see what you do!

@ Shrimper- As the person above said, do do a team like the Sabres, Flyers, or maybe even the Maple Leafs!

Anyways, the 1st post for my Rangers franchise will be posted tonight! Stay tuned....

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I've already done one with Leafs. For now, I think I'll stay with Canucks but I am tempted to go with the Sabres.

And yes, JCF :P

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
seattle-times-logo.gif

April 30th, 2016

Gladiators Sneak Past Canucks

402A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_kJf_zpsc0afd818.jpg

Phil Kessel begins to celebrate just seconds after scoring the double overtime goal in game seven.

It was much closer than anyone expected - in their first playoff appearance since losing the Sedin twins, the Vancouver Canucks pushed the second-seeded Seattle Gladiators to seven games. Goaltenders Cory Schneider and Daniel Cotton were definitely the two MVPs of the series - each had fantastic stats.

Vancouver surprised everyone by stealing the first two games on the road in Seattle. The Canucks only surrendered one goal against in those two games. However, Seattle finally figured out how to beat Schneider and won the next three games. They scored a total of 10 goals in those three games (while surrendering five), but Schneider got the best of them once again in game six with a shutout. Vancouver took that match 1-0 and forced game seven back in Seattle. It was another goaltender's duel, and Schneider was named first star of the game for the fourth time in the series. However, his team did not win the game. Despite a 47 save effort from Schneids, Phil Kessel scored early in the second overtime for the only goal of the game to send Seattle to the second round. Daniel Cotton finished the game with 30 saves. While he played great as well, the Gladiators dominated play throughout the series, and Cory Schneider was the only reason Vancouver didn't lose the series much quicker.

Game 1: 2-1 Canucks Win
Game 2: 2-0 Canucks Win

Game 3: 3-1 Gladiators Win
Game 4: 2-1 Gladiators Win
Game 5: 5-3 Gladiators Win

Game 6: 1-0 Canucks Win
Game 7: 1-0 Gladiators 2OT Win

Phil Kessel and Cory Conacher led the team with 5 points each in seven games.
Seattle's next challenge is a rematch with the Columbus Blue Jackets - who defeated them in the second round last season.​

Last edited:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

^ How do you get in game-photos if you sim?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ny-times-logo.jpg

The Start of a New Age
October 1, 2012

A revelation has come. A new time is approaching. GM Flamesrule is the new general manager of the New York Rangers, as Glen Sather re-signed only two weeks ago. With GM Flamesrule under the helm of the team, he wasted no time to mark it as his own, sending goaltender Martin Biron to the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Rangers also sent right-wing prospect Shane Mccolgan and a 2013 3rd rounder in exchange for the Lightning's 1st round draft pick. "I feel this trade doesn't hurt us short-term or long term", said GM Flamesrule. "In fact the trade is neutral for us short-term and very beneficial to us long-term. I just want to thank Yzerman for dealing with us."

To :rangers :
2013 1st Round Draft Pick-TB

To :bolts :
Martin Biron-78 OVR
S.Mccolgan
2013 3rd Round Draft Pick- NYR

With that, GM Flamesrule had a few more things to say: "First off, I want to get the Rangers back into a cup performing team, something that hasn't been done in a while. However, I will not sacrifice the future just to gain success for the present. That is why I am coming up with a ten-year plan, which will have success now and even greater success for the future. I also want the Rangers and the Whale to be both competitive year in and year out, as I think that it the recipe for success. So, there's no way I'll be tanking, so don't even ask a question regarding that. Lastly, I believe that strong defense wins both games and championships, so that will be the stepping stone in this franchise."

2012-2013 New York Rangers lineup:

Nash(87)-Richards(85)-Callahan(84)
Clowe(83)-Stepan(84)-Hagelin(80)
Zuccarello(79)-Brassard(81)Pyatt(75)
Asham(73)-Boyle(78)-Dorsett(74)

McDonagh(86)-Girardi(85)
Staal(84)-Del Zotto(83)
Hamrlik(82)-Eminger(77)

Lundqvist(91)
Talbot(61)

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale lineup:

Kreider(71)-Miller(71)-Palmieri(75)
Hrivik(67)-Jean(68)-Ferriero(74)
Mashinter(69)-Tessier(64)-Segal(70)
Haley(69)-Carroll(64)-Tanski(62)

Stralman(73)-Sauer(75)
Valentenko(72)-Bickel(73)
Vernace(70)-Pyett(71)

Stajcer(59)
Missiaen(52)

Prospect Pool:
S.Noreau- 62ovr 2.5 Stars 18yrs D
J.Miller- 71ovr 3.5 Stars 19yrs C
M.St.Croix- 58ovr 3.5 Stars 19yrs C
T.Hughes- 52ovr 2.5 Stars(red) 20yrs D
J.Nicholls- 60ovr 2.5 Stars 20yrs RW
C.Thomas- 63ovr 3.5 Stars 20yrs RW
M.Kantor- 50ovr 2,5 Stars(red) 20yrs RW
A.Yogan- 61ovr 2.5 Stars 20yrs LW
D.Mcilrath-66ovr 4 Stars 20yrs D
M.Hrivik- 67ovr 2.5 Stars 21yrs LW
R.Bourque- 61ovr 3.5 Stars 21yrs LW
D.Maggio- 58ovr 3 Stars 21yrs D
C.Kreider- 71ovr 4 Stars 21yrs C
J.Niemi- 66ovr 2.5 Stars 22yrs D

:rangers

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
:coyotes
44-29-9, 3rd in West

Coyotes Cruise to Postseason

Toews, Kane impress in first season with Phoenix

alexstalocksharks2010-11a.jpg

Alex Stalock is the new #1 in Phoenix.

After a huge offseason, the Phoenix Coyotes enjoyed a solid 2015-2016 campaign, placing 3rd in the Western Conference with a 44-29-9 record. Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane had solid seasons for the 'Yotes, with Toews scoring 88 points, 2nd in the NHL. Kane led the team in goals with 37.

However, for the 2nd straight season, Alex Stalock has taken the #1 job away from Mike Smith. There is speculation Smith could be dealt in the offseason.

Player Stats (82 GP)
Jonathan Toews - 31 goals, 57 assists, 88 points
Patrick Kane - 37 goals, 36 assists, 73 points
Sven Andrighetto - 36 goals, 19 assists, 55 points
Andy Miele - 10 goals, 45 assists, 55 points
Pierre-Marc Bouchard - 18 goals, 35 assists, 53 points
David Rundblad - 15 goals, 35 assists, 50 points
Keith Yandle - 10 goals, 39 assists, 49 points
Mikkel Boedker - 20 goals, 26 assists, 46 points
Brandon Gormley - 9 goals, 21 assists, 30 points
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 4 goals, 21 assists, 25 points
Michael Stone - 3 goals, 19 assists, 22 points
Jasse Ikonen - 7 goals, 14 assists, 21 points
Alexander Johansson - 6 goals, 12 assists, 18 points
Matt D'Agostini - 10 goals, 7 assists, 17 points
Mason Raymond - 4 goals, 12 assists, 16 points
Steve Kampfer - 2 goals, 14 assists, 16 points
Brandon McMillan - 9 goals, 6 assists, 15 points
Erik Condra - 6 goals, 7 assists, 13 points

Goalie Stats
Alex Stalock: 24-14-5, 2.18 GAA, .926 SP%, 5 SO
Mike Smith: 20-15-4, 2.51 GAA, .909 SP%, 2 SO

The Coyotes will face the 6th seeded Vancouver Canucks in Round 1.

:coyotes vs. :nucks

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
seattle-times-logo.gif

May 8th, 2016
Revenge

320x.jpg

Sergei Bobrovsky was lit up by the Gladiators in this series.

Columbus was the team that knocked out Seattle in last year's NHL playoffs. This year, the Gladiators easily dispatched the Jackets in four games for their franchise's first ever sweep. This also marks the first time in franchise history that the Gladiators will play in the Western Conference Finals. A remarkable feat, considering that they've only been in the league for four seasons.

Phil Kessel exploded in this series, scoring eight points in four games, giving him thirteen points in eleven games total. Dale Weise and Cory Conacher are just behind him with ten points each, and Nikita Filatov, Nathan MacKinnon, and Andy Miele all have eight points.

Rookie goaltender Daniel Cotton has a save percentage of .947% and a goals against average of 1.59.

Game 1: 6-3 Gladiators Win
Game 2: 4-2 Gladiators Win
Game 3: 3-1 Gladiators Win
Game 4: 6-2 Gladiators Win

Fun fact: The Dallas Stars picked first overall in 2013, and the Seattle Gladiators picked second overall. Now, these two teams will face each other in the 2016 Western Conference Finals. Dallas is the sixth-seeded team in the West. Ottawa and Washington will play each other in the Eastern Conference Finals.​

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
:coyotes

Coyotes Take Down Canucks In 5

162781691_std.jpg

Game 1: 2-1 W
Game 2: 2-1 2OT L (Tanev scored winner)
Game 3: 4-1 W
Game 4: 5-1 W
Game 5: 4-3 OT W (Kane scored winner)

The Phoenix Coyotes have defeated the Vancouver Canucks in 5 games. After 2 close-fought matches, the Coyotes seemed to figure out how to beat Cory Schneider, beating him 9 times in games 3 and 4. Game 5 was a close one. The Canucks led 3-1 after 2, but a Patrick Kane hat trick, completed in overtime, ensured that the Coyotes were going to round 2.

The Coyotes will face the Calgary Flames in Round 2, a rematch of last year's round 1 matchup.

:coyotes vs :flames

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
Game 21 at Shawinigan

The Titan suffered a loss, haulting there winning streak. "It was a loss, but a hard fought loss. Take out the first two periods and we won this game 3-1." said assistant coach Jason Malone. The final score was 4-3, obviously in favour of the Cataractes. Goalscorers for the Titan were Thomas Spelling, Xavier Ouellet, and Kasperi Kapanen. Assists went to Spelling (2), Frank Schumacher (2), Ouellet, and John Hayden. Graham was just fair in nets. The shot leaders were Xavier Ouellet and Kasperi Kapanen, tied with four apiece. Ouellet, Samuel Roussy, Anthony Deluca, and Alexandre Leclerc tied for the team lead in hits with two. No line-up changes are expected for tomorrow's game against the second last place team in the league, Sherbrooke.

Game 22 at Sherbrooke

Bathurst went into their first overtime period of the year. Let's just say they'll need more experience come playoff time. Sherbrooke's Alexandre Comtois scored 2:07 into the overtime period to win the game 5-4. "It's tough, when most of these guys haven't played in overtime before, and that four of our best players were hurt." said assistant captain Steve Gillard, who actually caused the OT goal on a turnover. Goalscorers for the Titan were Kasperi Kapanen, Mitchell Robillard, Thomas Spelling, and Simon Tardif-Richard. Assists went to Anthony Deluca (2), Kapanen, Spelling, John Hayden, Kyle Haas, and Xavier Ouellet. Domenic Graham took the loss. Deluca, Alexandre Leclerc, and Matthew Testolina tied for the team lead in shots, with four each, and Samuel Roussy led the team in hits with six. It'd be nice for the team to end the roadtrip on a high note, tomorrow night, where they play Drummondville, who's the last place teams. Kevin Bailie will get the start, and other than line juggling, no lineup changes will be made.

Game 23 at Drummondville

The Titan ended off their three in three with a W. 4-0 was the score, as Kevin Bailie recorded the shutout. "It feels good to be playing good again. I struggled at the first of the year, but now I'm back in my top form." Bailie said. Kasperi Kapanen had two goals for the team, and Steve Gillard and Simon Tardif-Richard added singles. Assists went to Thomas Spelling (2), Matthew Testolina, Frank Schumacher, and Kyle Haas. The shooting leader in tonight's game was Kapanen, with 5, and the hitting leader was Samuel Roussy with 5. The Titan play host to Val d'Or Wednesday night. No line-up changes are expected. Bailie will start again.

Game 24 vs Val d'Or

After Kevin Bailie recorded his first shutout of the season, he let in nine goals. "It's rough for poor Bails," said head coach/GM Shawn Evans. "He was hung out to dry early in the game, and let in a few weak ones. Heading into the third period though, I told the boys they were all yellow, and they responded. Every player had a hit, and we seen four fights. If they get mad enough, they will play mean, tough hockey. We'll need that in playoffs." The final score was 9-4. Goalscorers were Matthew Testolina, Gareth Nicholson, Anthony Deluca, and Mitchell Robillard. Assists went to Kasperi Kapanen, Simon Tardif-Richard, Xavier Ouellet, Jack Eichel, Oliver Cooper, and Alexandre Leclerc. John Hayden, Anthony Deluca, and Kasperi Kapanen were tied for the shots lead with three, and Samuel Roussy led hits with four. Jonathan Drouin will return for the team's game this Friday against PEI. Alexandre Leclerc will sit out, and Gareth Nicholson will move back to defence. We will see new lines as well, and Domenic Graham will get the start.

Game 25 at PEI

The Titan lost a heartbreaker in Charlottetown tonight. They lost in a shootout. "We were all over them the whole game, we had over three times as many shots. We're happy with the way we played for sure, and if we keep it up, the only thing that's stopping us is a hot goalie." said Jonathan Drouin, who couldn't manage to score in his first game back, but was a +1, with 7 shots. John Hayden had the lone goal, and it was assisted by Anthony Deluca. Drouin led the team in shots, but of note, every player on the team recorded a shot this game. Frank Schumacher and Samuel Roussy led the team in hits with 4 each. Domenic Graham wasn't really tested, but did only let one goal by him. Samuel Roussy got hurt in the game and will miss some minor time. Grant West will also return to the team after his injury. The Titan play again Sunday against Saint John, and Kevin Bailie gets the start. Alexandre Leclerc is in for Roussy, and out for West, is Kyle Haas.

Game 26 vs Saint John

Fresh off a shootout loss, the Titan came back with a win. 5-2 was the final score as they put a pounding on the 'Dogs. "It feels great to bounce back like that. The guys played great." said Frank Schumacher who scored his first of the season. Schumacher, Steve Gillard, Anthony Patriarco, Jonathan Drouin, and Oliver Cooper had the goals. Assist getters were Anthony Deluca (2), John Hayden (2), Xavier Ouellet (2), Gillard, and Mitchell Robillard. Kevin Bailie shut the door in nets. Anthony Patriarco led the team with 4 shots on net, and Kasperi Kapanen and Alexandre Leclerc tied for the hitting lead with 3. The Titan hit the road Tuesday, for a 3 game roadtrip that starts Wednesday night in Quebec. Domenic Graham will get the start, and Samuel Roussy will return to the line-up. Gareth Nicholson and Kyle Haas will be scratches, along with the injured Marcus Messier, and Alexis Pépin.

Game 27 at Quebec

"The boys played with absolutely no passion tonight. From the net out, just terrible. We're going to have to send a message to not only our team, but the league, that this organization is not a joke." said head coach/GM Shawn Evans. The final score was 5-1, in favour of the Remparts. Anthony Deluca, assisted by John Hayden and Frank Schumacher, was the Titan's lone goal. Matt Testolina led the team in shots with 4, and Schumacher led the team in hits with 5. Mitchell Robillard was injured in the affair. The Titan have a day off tomorrow, before heading up to northern Quebec to play Val d'Or and Rouyn-Noranda. One has to wonder what Evans meant about sending a message.

BLOCKBUSTER TRADE MADE

In a six player swap, the Titan made their team better. Superstar forwards Scott Oke, and Peter Trainor, as well as stud defenseman Samuel Morin, have been acquired. Heading to the Océanic was forwards Oliver Cooper, Mitchell Robillard, and Alexandre Leclerc, who joins his brother Mathieu on the team. Their was also picks sent way of the Océanic in the deal. "We bring a lot of punch in this deal. Peter and Scott are top notch offensive players, and Samuel is one of, if not the toughest d-man in the league, and one of the best shutdown guys too." said head coach/GM Shawn Evans. "It's hard to let go of Coop, Roby, and Alex, who we just traded for, but it was a move that had to be made, and we wish these three the best of luck moving forward." he added. Oke will wear Robillard's #20, Trainor will wear #77, and Morin will wear #55.

The Titan also made another deal deal, swapping Jack Eichel, who demanded a trade, along with Anthony Patriarco, and prospect Zach Beaton, to Moncton for Ross Johnston, Conor Garland, and prospect Lucas Batt. "This was another deal that makes our team better. It shores up depth, and we bring in a tough customer in Johnston. Garland is small but mighty, and will help out on the PP. Batt is more of a guy for down the road." said Evans. "Jack demanded his trade, he wasn't happy with his icetime, and Anthony and Zach were just caught in a numbers game." he finished. Johnston will sport #18, and Garland #8. All five new team members have been flown up for the weekend games. Kevin Bailie will start in the first game.

Game 28 at Val d'Or

The Titan came away with a character victory. 6-4 was the final score, as the newest team members Scott Oke, Peter Trainor, and Conor Garland all chipped in with points. Goalscorers were Garland, Xavier Ouellet, Matt Testolina, Simon Tardif-Richard, Anthony Deluca, and Thomas Spelling. Assists went to Trainor, Oke, Ouellet, Deluca, Testolina, Kasperi Kapanen, and Jonathan Drouin. Kevin Bailie wasn't spectacular in nets, but he got the job done. Matt Testolina recorded 4 shots on goal to lead the team, and Frank Schumacher had 4 hits, which also was a team lead. Domenic Graham will start tomorrow night against the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, and other than some line juggling, no changes will be made. Kyle Haas and Gareth Nicholson will remain as healthy scratches, and Marcus Messier and Alexis Pépin are still injured.

Game 29 at Rouyn-Noranda

The Titan picked up another victory. Jonathan Drouin and Conor Garland, who played together for the first time, ever, combined for 6 points, and Samuel Morin and Ryan Graves, both also playing together for the first time, combined to be a +10. "It's great, all the new guys are clicking, and I think the message really has been sent. We're playing great hockey." said head coach/GM Shawn Evans. Garland (2), Drouin, Peter Trainor, and Kasperi Kapanen had the goals. Drouin (2), Garland, Graves, Ross Johnston, Steve Gillard, Simon Tardif-Richard, and Thomas Spelling all had assists. Garland lead the team in shots with 4, and Morin and Xavier Ouellet tied for the hit lead with 3. Domenic Graham played solid. The Titan are back at it this Wednesday, where they start a four game homestretch against Victoriaville. Other than line changes, lineups will be the same. Kevin Bailie will start in goal.

Game 30 vs Victoriaville

It was the Jonathan Drouin show tonight in Bathurst. Drouin was in on all five of the Titan's goals, to seal the deal 5-0. Kevin Bailie was spectacular, getting the shutout. "Great game by all the boys, but specifically Jo, who carried the team on his back, and Bails who kept us in it before all the goals came." said assistant coach Jason Malone. Goalscorers were Drouin (3), Peter Trainor, and John Hayden. Assists went to Ryan Graves (3), Scott Oke (3), Drouin (2), and Samuel Roussy. Drouin led the team in shots with seven, and Roussy and Graves tied for the hit lead with three each. Simon Tardif-Richard broke his leg in the game and will be out two to three months. Kyle Haas will draw into the line-up Sunday against Chicoutimi. Domenic Graham will get the start.

Team Stats

Goalies- GP/GAA/W/L/SO

Bailie, Kevin- 18/2.79/11/6/2

*Bureau, Alex- 1/4.79/0/1/0

Graham, Domenic- 17/2.84/5/9/1

Defence- GP/G/A/PTS/PIMS/+-/HITS

Gillard, Steve- 26/3/5/8/19/-5/46

Graves, Ryan- 30/2/13/15/30/+20/80

Morin, Samuel- 3/3/6/24/+12/45

Nicholson, Gareth- 19/2/0/2/0/+4/12

Ouellet, Xavier- 10/13/23/2/+4/45

Roussy, Samuel- 29/4/7/11/4/-5/78

Schumacher, Frank- 30/1/12/13/4/+21/44

Forwards- GP/G/A/PTS/PIMS/+-/SHOTS

Deluca, Anthony- 30/13/18/31/5/+13/69

Drouin, Jonathan- 26/15/16/31/8/+8/101

Garland, Conor- 26/13/12/25/2/+12/64

Haas, Kyle- 23/1/4/5/31/-4/25

Hayden, John- 30/8/8/16/14/+10/52

Johnston, Ross- 21/1/7/8/4/+2/20

Kapanen, Kasperi- 26/8/6/14/10/+4/53

Messier, Marcus- 17/1/9/10/7/-3/32

Oke, Scott- 28/9/25/34/10/+13/77

Pépin, Alexis- 5/1/0/1/0/-3/9

Spelling, Thomas- 29/10/10/20/9/+7/43

*Storto, David- 1/0/0/0/0/Even/4

Tardif-Richard, Simon- 28/7/4/11/0/-2/39

Testolina, Matthew- 13/5/3/8/2/+1/29

Trainor, Peter- 28/17/17/28/8/+12/88

West, Grant- 18/3/8/11/21/+10/24

Flyers8

Apr 23, 2013
:canes

Hurricanes Win Presidents' Trophy

The Hurricanes followed up their Stanley Cup win with a quiet trade deadline and a Presidents' Trophy. They finished first in the Eastern Conference and the NHL with a record of 54-23-5 for 113 points. Veteran defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron won the James Norris Memorial Trophy which is awarded to the best defenseman in the NHL. Cam Ward also brought home some hardware with the Vezina Trophy for being the best goaltender in the NHL, the William M. Jennings Trophy for being on the team with the least amount of goals against, and the Ted Lindsay Award for being voted most outstanding player.

Stats

Eric Staal-28-36-64
Drayson Bowman-25-39-64
Jeff Skinner-27-34-61
Marc-Andre Bergeron 13-41-54
Jordan Staal-24-28-52
Alexander Semin-19-31-50
Chris Terry-18-21-39
Jamie Mcbain 10-29-39
Teemu Selanne-8-26-34
Jiri Tlusty-15-13-28
Justin Faulk-4-22-26
Jeremy Welsh-12-10-22
Luke Pither-9-9-18
Zac Dalpe-6-11-17
Chad Billins-5-10-15
Nick Bjugstad-5-7-12

Goalies
Cam Ward-70GP-2.01GAA-43-22-2-2-93.1%-9 Shutouts
Justin Peters-14GP-2.19GAA-10-2-0-0-92.3%-0 Shutouts

The Hurricanes play the 8th seeded Buffalo Sabres in the Eastern Conference Quarter Finals

Flyers8

Apr 23, 2013

Canes Win In 5

Eric+Staal+Carolina+Hurricanes+v+Buffalo+Sabres+ut6wkuoKodLl.jpg

Eric Staal scores on Ryan Miller in overtime of game 3

Buffalo managed to win the first game of this series but that was all they got as the Hurricanes stormed back to win the next four and take the series. It went like this for the Canes:

2-1L
4-3W
3-2 OTW Eric Staal GWG
5-2W
5-2W

The Hurricanes play the 6th seeded New York Islanders in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Last edited:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

Devils draft Stud Goaltender Jake Patterson 3rd Overall!

c3dd40f9-4b3f-4ce9-9161-803d248e9f4b.jpg

Jake will be the AHL starter this year. He is the goalie of the Future!

We really felt we couldn't pass up this opportunity of Drafting a Stud Goaltender of his caliber. He is a quality person and player with a high compete level and hunger to win, just what we want and need. He has had lots of success for the OHL's London Knight's. Jake is an over-aged goaltender, at 20, but his potential is limitless. We did give up a trio of picks to the Panthers for #3 but it was worth it. *Let me note that we traded back for the '15 1st just incase we have a bad year and finish low, we traded our 2018 1st and another pick for it back.* Here are the deal details:

:panthers

New Jersey Devils 2014 2nd Round Pick (41st Overall)
New Jersey Devils 2014 5th Round Pick (131st Overall)
New Jersey Devils 2015 1st Round Pick

Florida Panthers 2014 1st Round Pick (3rd Overall)

We did make a few other Notable Selections, listed below:

1st Round - 3rd Overall - Jake Patterson - Goaltender - 4 1/2 Stars - 67 Overall
1st Round - 18th Overall - Teemu Nittymaki - Forward - 3 1/2 Stars
2nd Round - 58th Overall - Colton Bobyk - Defenceman - 4 Stars

Teemu is a finnish Playmaker. Colton Bobyk is a steal though. A 2nd rounder listed as 3 1/2 Stars but is 4 stars, great selection. We're happy with all our selections.

Retirements

Manny Malholtra - 1,019GP, 117 goals, 190 assists, 307 points
Marty Brodeur - 1,333GP, 729 wins, 434 losses, 132 shutouts

Thank you to both Manny and Marty for there services. Especially Marty. Thank you for all your years of excellence and all your great work in the community. You will be missed.

Devils with insane Off-Season, signing Several Studs!

1297407151289_ORIGINAL.jpg

Dion Phaneuf. One of the many Stud players picked up this Off-Season.

Re-Signings

Mason Raymond - 1 Year - $2,200,000
Henrik Tallinder - 2 Years - $4,700,000
Adam Larsson - 8 Years - $4,800,000

Free Agent Signings

Justin Peters - 1 Year - $1,200,000
Jay McClement - 2 Years - $2,000,000
Jonas Hiller - 1 Year - $2,200,000
Dion Phaneuf - 5 Years - $7,000,000
Derek Brassard - 6 Years - $6,555,000

Trades

:ducks

Marc-Andre Bergeron (33 Years Old, Top 6 Defenceman, 82 Overall)
2015 6th Round Pick
2016 2nd Round Pick

Emerson Etem (22 Years Old, Minor SCR FWD, 74 Overall, 4 1/2 Stars)

And lastly, as always, let's take a look at the Rosters:

2014-15 New Jersey Devils

* - Rookie

James Neal (85 Overall) - Derek Brassard (86 Overall) - Ilya Kovalchuk (90 Overall) 'A'
Adam Henrique (82 Overall) - Travis Zajac (83 Overall) - Derek Stepan (83 Overall)
Alex Steen (82 Overall) - Andrej Loktionov (78 Overall) - Mason Raymond (80 Overall)
Jacob Josefsen (77 Overall) - Jay McClement (79 Overall) - David Clarkson (79 Overall)

Dion Phaneuf (89 Overall) 'C' - Adam Larsson (86 Overall) 'A'
Andy Greene (83 Overall) - Henrik Talinder (86 Overall)
*Oscar Eklund (79 Overall) - Anton Volchenkov (82 Overall)

Jonas Hiller (82 Overall) - Justin Peters (78 Overall)

2014-15 Albany Devils

Mattias Tedenby (78 Overall, 3 Stars) 'A' - Jack Connolly (76 Overall, 3 1/2 Stars) - Emerson Etem (74 Overall, 4 1/2 Stars)
Stefan Matteau (73 Overall, 4 Stars) - Harri Pesonen (78 Overall, 3 Stars) - Martin Johansson (74 Overall, 3 Stars) 'A'
William Carrier (62 Overall, 4 Stars) - Graham Black (63 Overall, 3 1/2 Stars) - Scott Kosmachuk (62 Overall, 3 1/2 Stars)
Teemu Nittymaki (60 Overall, 3 1/2 Stars) - Darcy Zajac (64 Overall) - Joey Santucci (54 Overall, 3 1/2 Stars)

Brandon Burlon (77 Overall, 3 Stars) - Seth Jones (78 Overall, 4 1/2 Green Stars)
Alexander Urbom (77 Overall, 4 Stars) 'C' - Matthew Corrente (75 Overall)
Damon Severson (62 Overall, 4 Stars) - Reece Scarlett (63 Overall, 3 1/2 Stars)
Adam Pelech (60 Overall, 3 1/2 Stars)

Jake Patterson (67 Overall) - Eetu Laurikainen (64 Overall)

New-Jersey-Devils.jpg

Last edited:

Flyers8

Apr 23, 2013

Playoff Run Is Over

ny_u_islandts_576.jpg

Islanders center John Tavares celebrates after scoring what turned out to be the only goal of game 7

The Hurricanes playoff run comes to an end as they are knocked out by the sixth seeded Islanders in seven games. "The Islanders should have made the playoffs as a higher seed. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the Stanley Cup Finals because they are a very good team," said GM Flyers8 during a press conference after game seven. The Hurricanes series played out like this:

2-1 OTW Chris Terry GWG
5-3 L
2-1 L
4-3 W
4-2 L
3-0 W
1-0 L

The Canes own the 26th overall pick in the draft as well as the 23rd pick which was acquired from Detroit in a trade involving two prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad