NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingSkate

Sep 17, 2012
nice to see so many new posts in such a short amount of time! hard to keep up with all of them.

going to love doing a Canucks one for NHL 14, but for now i'll continue with my Montreal dynasty

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
@StapeNewsday GM Pooky: "We have two trades to announce that will change the immediate and long-term complexion of the franchise." #Isles

@StapeNewsday GM Pooky: "Michael Grabner, Thomas Hickey, and our second round pick next year have been sent to Boston in exchange for Malcolm Subban and the eighth overall pick in this year's draft." #Isles

@StapeNewsday GM Pooky: "We'd like to thank Michael and Thomas for their contributions to the Islanders organization." #Isles

@StapeNewsday GM Pooky: "Frans Nielsen, Ty Wishart, and our first round pick next year were traded to Tampa Bay for the third overall pick in this draft." #Isles

@StapeNewsday GM Pooky: "Frans and Ty have been nothing but consummate professionals and we wish them the best." #Isles

@StapeNewsday The #Isles now hold the third, eighth, and eleventh picks in the draft.

Nice trades! Excited to see who you pick.

FlyingSkate

Sep 17, 2012
Montreal Canadiens - 36

:habs ISLES HIT THE JACKPOT, HABS ADD DEPTH :habs
August 1, 2015

6a00d8341bf8f353ef0133f08af89e970b-800wi

Former Blackhawks Antti Niemi and Patrick Kane have found new homes in the Eastern Conference

Montreal Canadiens Free Agent Signings
Pos | Player | Ovr | Type | Age | Term | Cap Hit | Notes
C|Alexander Johansson|79|TWF|26|1 year|1.350m|-
C|Perttu Lindgren|75|PLY|27|1 year|0.760m|2 Way
LW|Patrick O'Sullivan|76|PLY|30|1 year|0.780m|2 Way
RW|Justin Williams|83|SNP|33|2 years|4.700m|-
RW|Nikolay Zherdev|74|SNP|30|1 year|0.925m|2 Way
D|Carlo Colaiacovo|81|TWD|32|2 years|3.500m|-

Justin Williams is expected to make up for the retirement of Daniel Briere, while Carlo Colaiacovo will replace Marek Zidlicky.
Alexander Johansson, Perttu Lindgren, Patrick O'Sullivan, and Nikolay Zherdev will be part of Hamilton's new look.

Top Free Agent Signings
Team | Pos | Player | Ovr | Type | Age | Term | Cap Hit
small.png
|C|Stephen Weiss|83|PLY|32|2 years|4.070m
small.png
|RW|Patrick Kane|89|SNP|26|7 years|8.655m
small.png
|RW|Brian Gionta|82|SNP|36|1 year|3.625m
small.png
|D|Michael Sauer|82|DFD|27|2 years|4.395m
small.png
|D|Keith Ballard|81|TWD|32|2 years|2.275m
small.png
|G|Antti Niemi|82|HYB|31|2 years|1.870m

A life-long Panther, Stephen Weiss joins his hometown team, where Antti Niemi will be joining him.
Former Hab captain Brion Gionta returns to the Northeast Division, while the Capitals signed two defencemen.
Superstars Patrick Kane and John Tavares will team up on Long Island.

Offer Sheets
Team | Offer Sheets | Term | Cap Hit | Team | Receives Compensation
small.png
| Ian Cole (81 ovr TWD, 26 y/o, 4.0 Yellow)|3 years|3.125m|
small.png
|2016 2nd (FLA)

The St. Louis Blues didn't have the cap space to keep RFA Ian Cole, with a star-studded blueline featuring Alex Pietrangelo and Kevin Shattenkirk as the anchors.

Offseason Trades
Team | Acquires
small.png
| Madison Bowey (62 ovr TWD, 20 y/o, 3.5 Yellow), Ville Thoresen (55 ovr BUT, 19 y/o, 2.5 Yellow)
small.png
| Francois Beauchemin (84 ovr DFD, 35 y/o, 2.5 White)
-|-----
small.png
| 2016 1st (DET)
small.png
| Brooks Orpik (83 ovr DFD, 35 y/o, 4.0 White)
-|-----
small.png
| Marc-Andre Bergeron (84 ovr OFD, 35 y/o, 2.5 White)
small.png
| Mikael Erixon (63 ovr TWF, 21 y/o, 3.5 Yellow), Lee Carney (57 ovr GRN, 20 y/o, 2.5 Yellow)

In a surprising move, the Ducks gave up stalwart Francois Beauchemin, despite already having a depleted defence.
New Jersey's continuous rebuild leads to a 1st round pick in exchange for Brooks Orpik, as the Red Wings look to make one last go at the Cup befire the Magician retires.

We're happy with what we have right now. Just because a player is available does not necessarily mean he will benefit the team in the long run.
We weren't comfortable offering a player, albeit one of star caliber (referring to Patrick Kane), that kind of money (8.655m) and term (7 years),
as it goes against our contract philosophy and handicaps our future decisions.​
- GM Marc Bergevin, on not spending to the salary cap​

----------
Next: Special Announcement

Last edited:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

:caps

June 23rd, 2015

Draft and Off-Season Report

Caps draft USA Sniper Brian Calvert 2nd Overall

401A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_KYR.jpg

Brian will be ready for the NHL soon. But for now will be getting top 6 minutes in the AHL with the Hershey Bears.

We started out the Draft with a big trade. Trading for the 2nd Overall pick, which belonged to the Ducks. We made 2 total trades at the Draft. Broken down:

Trade #1:

:ducks2

Michal Neuvirth (27 Years Old, Starting Goalie, 84 Overall)
Buffalo's 2014 1st Round Pick (28th Overall)
San Jose's 2014 2nd Round Pick (49th Overall)
Winnipeg's 2014 6th Round Pick (154th Overall)
Washington's 2014 7th Round Pick (195th Overall)

Anaheim's 2014 1st Round Pick (2nd Overall)

Trade #2:

:flyers

Jeff Schultz (29 Years Old, Top 4 Defenceman, 82 Overall)

Philadelphia's 2014 2nd Round Pick (35th Overall)
Philadelphia's 2014 3rd Round Pick (65th Overall)

We did give up a package for the #2 pick but we felt it was worth it. We traded Michal 1 year after he was making Elite Goalie money when we signed him to a long contract (4 years at $6,600,000). Just glad we could still move him. Also Braden Holtby stole the job from him, is better and is younger. We also have Oscar Dansk coming up who is a good back-up. We traded Jeff becuase as we have a younger player in Patrick Sieloff who will be replacing him and we wanted to unload Jeff's contract, we also wanted to shake things up.

Notable Selections
Number | Round | Name | Position | Age | Overall | Potential
2|1|Brian Calvert|RW|19|72|4 1/2
35|2|Tomi Rynnas|LD|19|58|3 1/2
65|3|Connor Sills|RW|20|54|3

Tomi is a Finnish Offensive-Defenceman and Connor is a 6'4" Power-Forward. Now although we didn't get a ton of prospects Brian could compensate to 3-4 low overall 3 1/2 star prospects. Connor McDavid (62 Overall, 4 1/2 Stars), went #1 to the Oilers, legitimately, as the Oilers finished worst in the League.

Re-Signings
Name | Position | Year(s) | Cap Hit
Micheal Latta|C|1|$1,000,000
Jay McClement|C|1|$1,555,000
Braden Holtby|G|5|$4,00,000
Mike Green|RD|8|$5,000,000
Ryan Whitney|LD|3|$5,500,000
Mike Ribeiro|C|5|$5,555,000

Free Agent Signings
Name | Position | Year(s) | Cap Hit
Brendan Childerley|RW|3|$555,000
Marc Methot|LD|2|$1,150,000
Jarret Stoll|C|1|$3,500,000

Trades

:flames

Danny Paille (31 Years Old, 4th Line Forward, 76 Overall)
Nicolas Deschamps (25 Years Old, 3rd Line CHK FWD, 79 Overall, 3 Stars)

Calgary's 2016 1st Round Pick

Head Coach Adam Oates had Submitted the Opening Night Roster:

2015-16 Washington Capitals

* - Rookie

Alex Ovechkin (93 Overall) 'C' - Nicklas Backstrom (88 Overall) 'A' - Mike Ribeiro (85 Overall)
*Jack Connolly (81 Overall) - Vinny Lecavalier (85 Overall) - Mathieu Perreault (82 Overall)
Marcus Johansson (80 Overall) - Brooks Laich (83 Overall) - Lee Stempniak (80 Overall)
Jay McClement (78 Overall) - Jarret Stoll (81 Overall) - *Brandon Chinderley (78 Overall)
*Micheal Latta (78 Overall)

Ryan Whitney (86 Overall) - Mike Green (86 Overall) 'A'
Karl Alzner (85 Overall) - John Carlson (86 Overall)
*Patick Sieloff (79 Overall) - Marc Methot (78 Overall)

Braden Holtby (84 Overall) - *Oscar Dansk (82 Overall)

The last couple years we haven't had many Rookies play for us at all, but this year 5 will debut. Let's see how this goes. We feel all these Rookies bring a special talent and believe they can produce. We definitely have a great PK'ing team with some scoring so I hope we can do some damage this year.

Washington's Top 10 Best Prospects
Name | Position | Age | Overall | Potential
Hunter Shinkaruk|LW|20|68|4 1/2
Brian Calvert|RW|19|72|4 1/2
Derrick Pouliot|LD|21|67|4 1/2
Jake Virtanen|RW|19|50|4
Zach Fucale|G|20|60|3 1/2
Tom Wilson|RW|21|70|3 1/2
Darnell Nurse|LD|20|62|4
Dmitry Orlov|LD|24|77|4
Connor Murphy|RD|22|68|4
Kyle Munroe|G|21|64|4

SEASON BEGINS NOW!

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
So I am in cap trouble in my Tampa Bay GM.

I have to sign 3 of the following 4 d-men to new contracts but two of them (Hedman and Smyth) are asking for north of 7 Million!

Hedman (86 overall, 30 years old)
-Great defensive d-men for us, has been a solid alternate captain and helped us win two cups. He could leave because we have a good defenseman to replace him. (the next one listed)

Smyth (85 overall, 25 years old, 4 green stars)
-Played his first season last year, and put up decent numbers for playing third pairing minutes and being a DFD. I don't know if I should give him the contract because he seems unproven still

Moore (84 overall, 30 years old)
-Consistent 26-29 point scoring, second pairing defenseman. Asking for north of 5 million which is not that bad.

Ceci (84 overall, 27 years old)
-Consistent 23-27 point scoring, second pairing defenseman also, but better at defense than offense. He is a likely candidate to leave, but I am open to other opinions on the situation.

Along with all this I have to sign Anders Lindback (85 overall). He won the Vezina two years ago and won the Jennings along with Subban (82 overall) this year. Anders is our franchise goalie and I want to keep him but he is asking for more than 8 million per year!

The only logical thing I can think of doing is buying out Bobby Ryan's contract. He has 2 years left on a contract that pays him 7.040 million per year but his past two season have been bad for what he is being paid:

2019/2020- 19 goals - 31 assists - 50 points - (+/- of 8)
2020/2021- 19 goals - 21 assists - 40 points - (+/- of 6)

Opinions welcome

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Nice trades! Excited to see who you pick.

Thanks! The loss of Grabner hurts but he was necessary to get the BOS trade through (and there were really no elite goaltending prospects in the org). I needed to get more out of Nielsen's money, so that was actually a bonus in addition to picking up the 3rd pick. I've rather depleted Bridgeport's D with Wishart and Hickey moving out, so I'll likely need to address that.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

2014 Offseason Report

daley-575x401.jpg

Defenseman Trevor Daley was acquired from the Dallas Stars through a trade.

Player Re-signed
Position | Player | Overall | Age | Potential | Years | Cap Hit
Left Wing|Alex Steen|82|30|n/a|3 years|$2.7M
Goaltender|Jonas Hiller|82|32|n/a|2 years|$1.45M
Center|Daniel Winnik|77|29|n/a|1 year|$1.3M

+ AHL players and prospects

Free Agent Signings
Position | Player | Overall | Age | Potential | Years | Cap Hit
Left Wing|Roope Talaja|80 TWF|25|3 Yellow|2 years|$2.47M

Trades

:stars

LW Brett Hester (56, 20 years old, 3.5 yellow stars)
C Rasmus Kulmala (57, 20 years old, 3.5 yellow stars)
2016 3rd Round Pick

D Trevor Daley (85, 30 years old)

2014-15 Anaheim Ducks Lineup

Mason Raymond (80) - Ryan Getzlaf (89, C) - Corey Perry (88, A)
Alexander Steen (82) - Sam Reinhart (76) - Bobby Ryan (87)
Matt Beleskey (82) - Nick Bonino (79) - Kyle Palmieri (79)
Roope Talaja (80) - Daniel Winnik (77) - Devante Smith-Pelly (76)

Jason Demers (84) - Luca Sbisa (85)
Trevor Daley (85, A) - Cam Fowler (82)
Andrew Ference (81) - Mat Clark (76)

Jonas Hiller (82) - Frederik Andersen (79)

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
:wild
Minnesota GM steps down before start of 2012-2013 season!
September 30, 2013

chuckfletcher.JPG

Fletcher has been the GM for the Wild since 2009

Yes, you read the title correct, Chuck Fletcher is leaving his position as general manager for the Minnesota Wild. This came as a surprise after the famous signings of Ryan Suter and Zach Parise that Fletcher brought in in an attempt to make the playoffs. We asked Fletcher, through conference call, why he decided to pass on the reigns to the Wild franchise and told us:
"I feel tired. I have tried for years to get this team to be playoff caliber, and now that I have finally done it, I want someone else to lead them. I have already recommended a great guy to replace me."

That man is Dan Murray, GM to the Halifax Mooseheads. He lead Halifax to 2nd in their division and a deep playoff run last season. He also orchestrated the trade that brought Nathan Mackinnon to Halifax from Baie-Comeau. He has built a team that might surprise many this season with star Nathan Mackinnon and rising stars in Zachary Fucale and Jonathan Drouin. Dan had this to say on becoming a GM in the NHL:
It's going to be a lot harder, that I know. I only started two years ago in the QMJHL and now I've been invited to join the big leagues. It's a dream come true."

The Wild look in good shape this season and their prospect pool runs deep, both in forwards and defensemen. The one area Minnesota will be looking to be improving in is goaltending. Though more in the future sense. Murray told us:
Chuck traded away our best goaltending prospect in Matt Hackett when we received Jason Pominville. And Backstrom and Harding are 34 and 28 respectively, so we could be looking to improve on that during the draft.

Murray did not comment about the rumors of possibly trading Devin Setoguchi that have arisen lately. Here is the Opening night line-up for the Wild against the Colorado Avalanche:

Minnesota Wild 2012-2013

Zach Parise "A" (90) - Mikko Koivu "C" (86) - Jason Pominville (85)
Dany Heatley (85) - Charlie Coyle (78) - P. M. Bouchard (82)
Cal Clutterbuck (79) - Kyle Brodziak (80) - Devin Setoguchi (82)
Mike Rupp (76) - Matt Cullen (80) - Torrey Mitchell (78)

Ryan Suter
"A" (88) - Tom Gilbert (83)
Brett Clark (79) - Jonas Brodin (78)
Clayton Stoner (75) - Jared Spurgeon (77)

Niklas Backstrom (85)
Josh Harding (80)

Scratches: Justin Falk (74), Carson McMillan (73)

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
So I am in cap trouble in my Tampa Bay GM.

I have to sign 3 of the following 4 d-men to new contracts but two of them (Hedman and Smyth) are asking for north of 7 Million!

Hedman (86 overall, 30 years old)
-Great defensive d-men for us, has been a solid alternate captain and helped us win two cups. He could leave because we have a good defenseman to replace him. (the next one listed)

Smyth (85 overall, 25 years old, 4 green stars)
-Played his first season last year, and put up decent numbers for playing third pairing minutes and being a DFD. I don't know if I should give him the contract because he seems unproven still

Moore (84 overall, 30 years old)
-Consistent 26-29 point scoring, second pairing defenseman. Asking for north of 5 million which is not that bad.

Ceci (84 overall, 27 years old)
-Consistent 23-27 point scoring, second pairing defenseman also, but better at defense than offense. He is a likely candidate to leave, but I am open to other opinions on the situation.

Along with all this I have to sign Anders Lindback (85 overall). He won the Vezina two years ago and won the Jennings along with Subban (82 overall) this year. Anders is our franchise goalie and I want to keep him but he is asking for more than 8 million per year!

The only logical thing I can think of doing is buying out Bobby Ryan's contract. He has 2 years left on a contract that pays him 7.040 million per year but his past two season have been bad for what he is being paid:

2019/2020- 19 goals - 31 assists - 50 points - (+/- of 8)
2020/2021- 19 goals - 21 assists - 40 points - (+/- of 6)

Opinions welcome

Let Lindback walk, Tender and trade Smyth... And then keep Hedman, offer 6M.

Try to get assets for your RFA's, you can low ball, it does work.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Let Lindback walk, Tender and trade Smyth... And then keep Hedman, offer 6M.

Try to get assets for your RFA's, you can low ball, it does work.

I was thinking of letting Lindback walk but then I realized I couldn't get a viable replacement in free agency so I signed him.

I bought out Ryan and traded away Curtis Lazar at the draft (80 overall, 26 year old, 4.5 gold stars) and a 3.5 prospect for the 7th overall pick and I was able to sign Moore, Smyth, and Hedman. I let Ceci walk and now I have 7 million in cap space so it all worked out in the end but Thanks for the advice :)

New dynasty to avoid the cap problem? ;) Good luck!

Nah just wanted to start a new one since the Tampa Bay one is almost over, and Thanks :)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
So right now I'm in April 2017 in my Ducks GM... every time I try to simulate past April 27th, the whole console freezes.
:rant::rant::rant:
EVERY TIME :banghead:

I installed the game, too, so I don't see how it could be a problem with the disk.
Even tried simming through the calender screen, it still froze. **** this piece of **** game.
Tried taking out all of my custom music. Didn't work.

Looks like this short-lived Ducks GM is over. It was about to get really interesting, too. :banghead:

Last edited:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
So right now I'm in April 2017 in my Ducks GM... every time I try to simulate past April 27th, the whole console freezes.

I installed the game, too, so I don't see how it could be a problem with the disk.
Even tried simming through the calender screen, it still froze. **** this piece of **** game.

Looks like this short-lived Ducks GM is over. It was about to get really interesting, too. :banghead:

Damn, sorry to hear that. :S

Hope it doesn't happen to me...

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Damn, sorry to hear that. :S

Hope it doesn't happen to me...

I'm really annoyed about it. I tried like ten times, tried a couple methods to get around it and nothing worked. So since I can't play any further, here's everything that happened before the freeze that I haven't mentioned yet:

The 2014-15 season was awful, we finished dead last. Everyone was disappointing except for Getzlaf (73 points), Mason Raymond (46 pts), Trevor Daley (43 points). At the trade deadline I made this trade:

RW Bobby Ryan (87 overall, 28 years old)

D Jonas Brodin (80, 21 years old, 4 yellow stars)
2015 1st Round Pick

At the draft, Boston won the lottery and moved up to 1st overall. We picked second and got a two-way defenseman named Alexandre Carrier. When drafted, he was 74 overall, 18 years old, with 4.5 yellow stars. Then in the offseason I signed Grant Clitsome and two prospects:

Mike Vlajkov - 55 overall, 20 years old, 3.5 yellow stars
RW Luke Bertolucci - 74 overall, 20 years old, 3.5 yellow stars

I tried to make a couple big trades but couldn't get anything to work. 2015-16 lines:

Mason Raymond (80) - Ryan Getzlaf (88, C) - Corey Perry (87, A)
Alexander Steen (82) - Sam Reinhart (85) - Adam Erne (81)
Roope Talaja (79) - Matt Beleskey (82) - Ben Hanowski (78)
Devante Smith-Pelly (76) - Nick Bonino (79) - Kyle Palmieri (79)

Trevor Daley (85, A) - Luca Sbisa (84)
Jason Demers (84) - Jonas Brodin (81)
Cam Fowler (81) - Grant Clitsome (78)

Frederik Andersen (83) - Jonas Hiller (82)

Then we finished 5th last, but there were some positives. Getzlaf had 87 points, 2nd in the NHL. Reinhart had a good year with 64 points, and Adam Erne won the Calder Trophy with 27 goals, 48 points, +15. Jonas Brodin was also a fantastic rookie - 22 points, +16. best plus/minus on the team.

With the 5th overall pick we took left winger Dylan Morrisonn 5th overall (61, 20 years old, 3.5 yellow stars) who was extremely disappointing. Weak draft year.

Then I went on a trading spree:

:canes

RW Corey Perry (88, 30 years old)
G Frederik Andersen (82, 26 years old, 3.5 yellow stars)

LW Jeff Skinner (88, 24 years old, 4.5 yellow stars)

:habs

D Cam Fowler (84, 24 years old, 4.5 yellow stars)

RW Brendan Gallagher (82, 24 years old, 3.5 yellow stars)

:sharks

LW Alex Steen (81, 32 years old)

2017 2nd Round Pick

In free agency I signed G Allen York (84, 27 years old) for 3 years, $4.925M.

2016-17 lineup:

Jeff Skinner (88) - Ryan Getzlaf (88, C) - Adam Erne (83)
Mason Raymond (80) - Sam Reinhart (89, A) - Brendan Gallagher (82)
*Luke Bertolucci (79) - Matt Beleskey (82) - Ben Hanowski (79)
Devante Smith-Pelly (79) - Nick Bonino (78) - Kyle Palmieri (81)

Luca Sbisa (85) - Jason Demers (86)
Trevor Daley (85, A) - *Alexandre Carrier (83)
Jonas Brodin (82) - Mat Clark (79)

Allen York (84) - Jonas Hiller (82)

* indicates rookie

Then at the trade deadline:

:coyotes

RW Sam Faulk (58, 21 years old, 3.5 yellow stars)
LW Josh Brittain (73, 27 years old)

D Rusty Klesla (82, 34 years old)

We finished 6th with 91 points, 40-31-11. Skinner finished second in goals (43), behind only Ovechkin (44). Getzlaf tied 4th for points (78). Carrier had a brilliant rookie season, scoring 48 points while being +8. He was 4th in the defenseman scoring race. Both of our goalies were pretty good.

Playoff lines:

Jeff Skinner (88) - Ryan Getzlaf (88, C) - Adam Erne (83)
*Luke Bertolucci (79) - Sam Reinhart (89, A) - Brendan Gallagher (82)
Mason Raymond (80) - Matt Beleskey (82) - Ben Hanowski (79)
Devante Smith-Pelly (79) - Nick Bonino (78) - Kyle Palmieri (81)

Trevor Daley (85, A) - Jason Demers (86)
Jonas Brodin (82) - *Alexandre Carrier (83)
Luca Sbisa (85) - Rusty Klesla

Allen York (84) - Jonas Hiller (82)

* indicates rookie

In round one we beat San Jose in seven games:

Game 1: 3-0 Sharks Win
Game 2: 4-2 Ducks Win
Game 3: 5-3 Sharks Win
Game 4: 6-0 Ducks Win
Game 5: 4-3 Ducks Win
Game 6: 2-0 Sharks Win
Game 7: 4-2 Ducks Win

Reinhart had 10 points in 7 games. And I don't even know who we would play in the second round, because that's where my save file broke. No matter what I do I cannot get past April 27th, 2017. :banghead:

Might start a Vancouver GM tomorrow.

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
Finally back from camping, so I am going to begin the playoffs tonight.

@Deku Scrub: Sucks that it glitched out like that, I was really enjoying reading about the gm mode.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

I had that happen once too, don't remember how I fixed it though. It's something to do with players playing in the game who shouldn't or something else that generates a database conflict IIRC.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
@washcaps - GM JaredCowenFan expressed what he wanted after a horrible 4-15 start for his Capitals. "I want to get younger.". Pretty plain and simple.

@washcaps - These are the players over 30+ age on the team: Ryan Whitney (32), Marc Methot (30), Mike Green (30), Lee Stempniak (32), Mike Ribeiro (35), Vinny Lecavalier (35), Jarret Stoll, (33), Jay McClement (32), Brooks Liach (32).

@washcaps - He has expressed great attention on wanting to trade his older players. He wants to trade Vincent Lecavalier asap. He said no one on this team in Untouchable, even maybe talking about Alex Ovechkin. Anything that can help the team in the future, or seriously now, he will consider.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
@washcaps - 2 players have the Capitals attention. ST. Louis' Sam Reinahart (4 1/2) and Toronto's Austin Lotz (3 1/2).

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I had that happen once too, don't remember how I fixed it though. It's something to do with players playing in the game who shouldn't or something else that generates a database conflict IIRC.

Thing is, there are no games on the day where it gets stuck. It's right at the end of round one... there might be some AHL playoff games but my team doesn't have one. I can sim up to April 27th, but when I try to go past it, the whole console freezes. I think where it freezes is where round two is supposed to start.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
At Turn of the year Wild sit at 4th in the West, despite injuries
January 1, 2013

danny_dekeyser_detroit_040713.jpg

Danny Dekeyser was acquired from the Detroit Red Wings a few days ago

The Minnesota Wild are having a great season so far posting a record of 20-14-3. This is surprising to the fact that injuries have occurring to some key players, mostly defensemen. Jonas Brodin and Jared Spurgeon both are out for a significant amount of time. Spurgeon broke his leg blocking a shot in a game against the Avalanche two months ago and won't be back until mid-February. Brodin has shown signs of Post-Concussion Syndrome and isn't expected back for another two months along with Mike Rupp who was diagnosed with the same symptoms.

After the loss of Brodin, General Manager Dan Murray realized he had to bring someone in make up for the lost offense. So he called up Ken Holland seeing if he had anyone he was willing to trade. Dan Murray told us:
"I was looking to see if Ken was interested in dealing one of his d-men and he told me about this college player he just picked up and that I could have him for the right price.
Well that college player was Danny Dekeyser who was ranked the best unsigned college prospect. He had just finished his third year a Western Michigan and showed great skill and potential that Wild could use especially for an offense ranked 15th and a Powerplay ranked 24th. He played his first game for the Wild, Monday in a 4-2 win over the Oilers. He played 15 minutes and registered 1 shot. Danny will probably be playing on the top powerplay pairing with Ryan Suter for the next couple games.

Minnesota stats leaders:
Points-28, Zach Parise
Goals-12, Mikko Koivu
Assists-20, Zach Parise
Plus/minus- +9, Jonas Brodin
Penalty Minutes-55, Ryan Suter

Trade Details:

:wild Receive

D Danny Dekeyser (74)
C Brent Raedeke (66)

:wings Receive

C Cody Almond (71)
D Brett Clark (79)

The Minnesota Wild wishes for the best for Brett and for Cody in Detroit.​

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
@washcaps - Washington made 5 different Trades/Transactions. Get ready for a new look Capitals team.

Flyers8

Apr 23, 2013
:nashville

2016 Offseason Report

20120323_jtl_ag9_020.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Ryan McDonagh will be joining the Predators after being signed to a 5 year deal

This offseason was eventful and the Preds acquired two third line wingers and four fourth line players as well as Ryan McDonagh who is expected to start the season on the first defensive pairing. Nashville also locked up young Nikita Zadorov and Jonathan Drouin to five year deals.

Contract Renewals

Player | Salary | Length
Damien Brunner | 1.95M | 3yrs
Austin Watson | 2.62M | 2yrs
Jonathan Drouin | 2.06M | 5yrs
Nikita Zadorov | 1.68M | 5yrs
Max Görtz | 0.59M | 3yrs
Colton Sissons | 0.55M | 3yrs
Miikka Salomaki | 0.59M | 3yrs
Mason McDonald | 0.925M | 3yrs
David Backes | 2.99M | 2yrs
Ryane Clowe | 2.89M | 2yrs