NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
You could add Horvat to the 'Nucks I think. It would just to impossible to do all 7 Round selections for each team but you could do some, I think.

Nice trade.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
You could add Horvat to the 'Nucks I think. It would just to impossible to do all 7 Round selections for each team but you could do some, I think.

Nice trade.

The game doesn't allow you to move junior players to NHL teams I think. Once I needed a picture of Sean Monahan for my Flyers GM, and I went to move him over to the Flyers but it wouldn't allow me. I had to create a fake Monahan and use a picture of him :P

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
The game doesn't allow you to move junior players to NHL teams I think. Once I needed a picture of Sean Monahan for my Flyers GM, and I went to move him over to the Flyers but it wouldn't allow me. I had to create a fake Monahan and use a picture of him :P

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that. Forgot if you could move Junior players or not. Gay....

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

:caps

December 20th, 2015.

The winds of change, new Washington Capitals

Jonathan Toews (Left), Sam Reinhart (Middle), Zack Kassian (Right), Austin Lotz (Bottom Left), Filip Forsberg (Bottom Right), were all added by the Caps.

We switched the balance of this organization around. We now have a totally different roster and a set of great new prospects. We made several Trades, 3 be to exact, and several Signings. 4 to be exact, with one offer sheet. 7 Transactions in total. All listed below:

Trade #1:

:nucks

Ryan Whitney (32 Years Old, Top 4 Defenceman, 86 Overall)

Zack Kassian (24 Years Old, 3rd Line CHK FWD, 80 Overall, 4 Stars)

We wanted to switch up our defence and wanted to add a piece of upfront. Zack adds a dimension of player we don't have in this organization. Tom Wilson is like him but Tom isn't ready for the NHL yet. We're very happy to add Zack. He is a kind of player that you know what you will get out of him. He never changes his play, to be like someone else. He plays how he wants to play.

Trade #2:

:leafs

Marcus Johansson (25 Years Old, 3rd Line SCR FWD, 80 Overall, 4 Stars)
Marc Methot (30 Years Old, Top 6 Defenceman, 78 Overall)
Washington's 2017 2nd Round Pick
Washington's 2017 3rd Round Pick

Austin Lotz (20 Years Old, Other Goalie, 57 Overall, 3 1/2 Stars)
Tyler Biggs (21 Years Old, Other Forward, 71 Overall, 3 1/2 Stars)
Toronto's 2016 2nd Round Pick

We had put Austin in very high regard for us. We believe he is the Goalie of the future, along with Zachary Fucale and Oscar Dansk. We also added Tyler Biggs, the same kind of player as Tom Wilson and Zack Kassian but not as much Grit. Marcus just never worked out for us, and he never progressed into what we wanted him to be. Hopefully a change of scenery will help him.

Trade #3:

:blues

Lee Stempniak (32 Years Old, 3rd Line CHK FWD, 80 Overall)
Kyle Munroe (22 Years Old, Other Goalie, 64 Overall, 4 Stars)
Washington's 2017 1st Round Pick

Sam Reinhart (20 Years Old, Other Forward, 63 Overall)

We wanted to add a good Playmaking Prospect and as soon as we saw Sam was available by the Blues we wanted him, very much so. We did give up a good prospect and pick but hopefully we're good next year and Lotz replaces Kyle, now.

Before we get to the Signings we made a Qualifying Offer Signing. Old Draftee-Filip Forsberg was an Unsigned Qualified RFA for Nashville (We traded Filip to Nashville for Marty Erat, back in 2012, Filip was our 11th Overall Pick in 2011). We gave a qualifying offer to Filip and it was accepted. We gave up our 2016 2nd Round Pick for him:

Filip Forsberg (21 Years Old, 2nd Line Forward, 83 Overall, 4 Stars)

We signed him to the following deal: 4 years/$2,800,000

We're very happy with his signing. I wouldn't be telling the truth If I said I wish management never traded Filip. Guess it was meant to be. Glad to have him though.

We also made these 3 Signings:

Cory Sarich (37 Years Old, Top 6 Defenceman, 78 Overall) - 2 Years/$1,315,000
Andy Greene (33 Years Old, Top 6 Defenceman, 80 Overall) - 3 Years/$2,500,000

and the big one:

Jonathan Toews (27 Years Old, 1st Line Forward, 90 Overall) - 6 years\$10,500,000

Very big day for this Team. I hope I switched it up enough to have success. We tried to trade Vincent Lecavalier but no one (literally) could take his contract. And to make Cap Space room to sign players like Jonathan Toews we sent Vincent down the Minors. We will turn on Waivers and try and see if someone will claim him.

We're currently 12-20-4 (12-24), sitting 14th in the Eastern Conference. So it's time to start winning! This is the line-up we will be rolling with for the rest of season (Or until further Transactions):

Alex Ovechkin (93 Overall) 'C' - Jonathan Toews (90 Overall) - Nicklas Backstrom (88 Overall) 'A'
Zack Kassian (80 Overall) - Mike Ribeiro (85 Overall) - Filip Forsberg (83 Overall)
Mathieu Perreault (82 Overall) - Brooks Laich (83 Overall) - Jack Connolly (81 Overall)
Jay McClement (78 Overall) - Jarret Stoll (81 Overall) - Brandon Chinderley (78 Overall)
Micheal Latta (78 Overall)

Patrick Sieloff (79 Overall) - Mike Green (86 Overall) 'A'
Karl Alzner (85 Overall) - John Carlson (86 Overall)
Andy Greene (80 Overall) - Cory Sarich (79 Overall)

Braden Holtby (84 Overall) - Oscar Dansk (82 Overall)

If this can't get it done, I don't know what can.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
^ dat first line :amazed:

Can't you change the team that owns their rights so that they would be on the team in Be A GM but in juniors?

I'm not sure (haven't checked) but I don't think you can change that for undrafted players.

Holy christ you guys get into this, wish I had found this forum sooner.

Just curious, without having read all 5 threads - do most of y'all start with existing rosters or does anyone else do a fantasy draft to kick things off? Just curious, was thinking of posting my 3y old Dallas team that was started with a fantasy draft but maybe I'll start a new one with an existing team.

Personally I don't like to do fantasy drafts because I always have to turn the Salary Cap off, which I don't like doing. I usually just use existing rosters but sometimes to an expansion team thing. But I don't have any problem with reading about a fantasy draft, it can be interesting. Feel free to post whatever you want though, I read everyone's work :)

Last edited:

FrenchTickler

Jun 11, 2013
Quebec City
gmj.png

April 15th 2016
Two Times Season Champions
jonathan_audy_marchessault_ahl_013012.jpg

Jonathan Audy-Marchessault pictured above had an amazing rookie year with the Blizzards.

The Quebec City Blizzards have once again proven to the hockey world that they are one of the most elite teams out there by winning the President’s Trophy for the second year in a row with a 50-23-9 record. The Blizzards’ success was an overall team effort that saw captain Jonathan Huberdeau finish second in the league’s scoring behind Henrik Zetterberg’s 85 points. Alexander Radulov finished second in goal scoring at 38 behind Tyler Ennis who was at 45. T.J. Brennan finished first amongst defensemen in points and Jacob Markstrom was considered by experts to be the season’s top goaltender. Jonathan Audy-Marchessault also had a stellar year that saw him finish first in the rookie scoring race at 61 points. Quebec City will now face their 8th seeded rivals, the Montreal Canadiens in the first round of the play-offs.

Quebec City Blizzards Player Stats

Player Name | Goals | Assists | Points
J. Huberdeau|27|54|81
A. Radulov|38|38|76
*J. Audy-Marchessault|31|30|61
T. Fleischmann|24|34|58
V. Nichushkin|25|30|55
D. Shore|18|34|52
T. Brennan|9|42|51
D. Phaneuf|12|31|43
D. Kulikov|4|29|33
B. Mcnabb|4|18|22
N. Bjugstad|11|10|21
P. Dupuis|11|9|20
L. Adam|6|14|20
E. Gudbransson|2|17|19
B. Gallagher|7|11|18
C. Tropp|8|8|16
*Q. Howden|7|6|13
A. Biega|2|7|9
*J. Armia|1|1|2
* Audy-Marchessault played all 82 games, Howden played 31 games and Armia played 3 games. They were all rookies but Armia hasn’t lost his eligibility for next season.

Player Name | GP | GAA | Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | SV% | SO
J. Markstrom|63|1.95|41|16|5|93.48|9
M. Cousineau|23|2.64|9|7|4|91.33|3

2015-16 NHL Play-offs

WESTERN
(1) Calgary vs. (8) Regina
(2) Colorado vs. (7) Las Vegas
(3) Los Angeles vs. (6) Detroit
(4) Dallas vs. (5) Vancouver

EASTERN
(1) Quebec City vs. (8) Montreal
(2) Buffalo vs. (7) Philadelphia
(3) Nashville vs. (6) Tampa Bay
(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Toronto

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Time for an actual huge blow-up if the team continues this. Ovie out the door, Toews, ANYONE WITH F***ING VALUE, OUT THE DOOR, lol. :rollseyes (Fail)..

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Personally I don't like to do fantasy drafts because I always have to turn the Salary Cap off, which I don't like doing. I usually just use existing rosters but sometimes to an expansion team thing. But I don't have any problem with reading about a fantasy draft, it can be interesting. Feel free to post whatever you want though, I read everyone's work :)

This was always my biggest problem with it, by the end of the first year I was always able to assemble an all-star team (literally 84/85 4th liners and 3rd pairing d-men) that steam rolled everyone and I lost interest. This time I decided to leave it on and it makes for a completely different experience; really digging it so far. Though I've played Be A GM off and on the last few years, I've never made it further than 2 years before losing interest, and this iteration I'm already midway through year 3.

I think the other thing that helped is that I also starting simming a lot more games (I'll only play 15-20 games max, plus playoff elimination games), for 2 reasons - playing 82 games + playoffs takes a lot of time, which I don't have anymore, and I also think it tests the actual "being a GM" by letting the sim decide versus myself against computer AI.

Really look forward to posting my team when I get home, even though it'll be midway through 2014-2015.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
This was always my biggest problem with it, by the end of the first year I was always able to assemble an all-star team (literally 84/85 4th liners and 3rd pairing d-men) that steam rolled everyone and I lost interest. This time I decided to leave it on and it makes for a completely different experience; really digging it so far. Though I've played Be A GM off and on the last few years, I've never made it further than 2 years before losing interest, and this iteration I'm already midway through year 3.

I think the other thing that helped is that I also starting simming a lot more games (I'll only play 15-20 games max, plus playoff elimination games), for 2 reasons - playing 82 games + playoffs takes a lot of time, which I don't have anymore, and I also think it tests the actual "being a GM" by letting the sim decide versus myself against computer AI.

Really look forward to posting my team when I get home, even though it'll be midway through 2014-2015.

Agree with this. I sim all games except Game 7s, and I know a lot of us primarily sim through the seasons. I always play with cap, sometimes I leave waivers on, sometimes off, injuries sometimes on, sometimes off. Sometimes people post (especially later in the year) at the end of the first season anyway because it already happened IRL.

Glad to see you found the thread and hopefully you stick around :D

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

My problem is that I always leave the cap on, and then with my selections I go way over the cap and am forced to turn it off. Maybe next time I should just make a crappy team on purpose. :P

I sim all my games btw. I would lose interest quick playing them.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
My problem is that I always leave the cap on, and then with my selections I go way over the cap and am forced to turn it off. Maybe next time I should just make a crappy team on purpose. :P

I sim all my games btw. I would lose interest quick playing them.

I always end up starting to pick prospects waaaaaaaay early and then run into cap problems down the road. And all the CPU teams are over the cap and get "adjusted" heh. That's the part I hate. It's just like "oh yeah, we'll inflate EVERYBODY's contract on your team to put you over the floor, or lower everybody's to get you below the ceiling". Even if you're 50k over, it lowers everyone by like half a million :shakehead:

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
:wild
Wild make playoffs for the first time since 2007-2008!
April 14, 2013

20130502__130503Walters_400.jpg

Zach Parise and Mikko Koivu tied for the points lead with 66

The Wild are back in the thick of it, finishing with a record of 45-30-7 good enough for 6th in the West. They will be facing the St. Louis Blues, whom finished third in the Western Conference. The playoff berth came at the cost of several players. Kyle Brodziak, Mikael Granlund, and fan-favorite Cal Clutterbuck are all out for the remainder of the season. But the player that, with his loss, can significantly change how the Wild do in the playoffs, is Starting goaltender Niklas Backstrom. He is expected to be back at the beginning of May, but for the moment it is up to Josh Harding to lead us into the playoffs.

With the injuries the team looks to be more physical against the highly-skilled Blues. The top 5 leaders in goals, assists, and points for the wild are listed below along with the line ups for Game 1.

Points Leaders |
Zach Parise| 66|
Mikko Koivu| 66|
Dany Heatley| 58|
Jason Pominville| 58|
P.M. Bouchard| 53|

Goals Leaders |
Jason Pominville| 28|
Dany Heatley| 27|
Mikko Koivu| 26|
Zach Parise| 24|
P.M. Bouchard| 19|

Assists Leaders |
Zach Parise| 42|
Mikko Koivu| 40|
P.M. Bouchard| 34|
Dany Heatley| 31|
Ryan Suter| 31|

St. Louis Blues (3rd)

T.J. Oshie (84) - David Backes
"C" (84) - Dany Alfredsson (84)
David Perron (84) - Andrew McDonald (81) - Patrick Elias (82)
Alexander Steen (83) - Jani Lajunen (66) - Vladmir Tarasenko (81)
Ryan Reaves (74) - Jamie Langenbrunner (79) - Chris Stewart (81)

Jay Bouwmeester (86) - Alex Pietrangelo
"A" (87)
Jordan Leopold (83) - Kevin Shattenkirk
"A"(84)
Barret Jackman (83) - Mark Streit (82)

Jaroslav Halak (83)
Brian Elliott (81)

Minnesota Wild (6th)

Zach Parise "A" (90) - Mikko Koivu "C" (86) - P.M Bouchard (82)
Dany Heatley (85) - Charlie Coyle (78) - Jason Pominville (85)
Jason Zucker (74) - Matt Cullen (80) - Jason Blake (76)
Zenon Konopka (72) - Mike Rupp (76) - Torrey Mitchell (78)

Ryan Suter
"A" (88) - Tom Gilbert (83)
Hal Gill (80) - Jonas Brodin (78)
Justin Falk (74) - Jared Spurgeon (77)

Josh Harding (80)
Alex Stalock (72)

Last edited:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

February 1st, 2016

Officially blown up, time for a new era

brooks-laich.jpg

Long-time Capital Brooks Laich was one of the players shipped off by the Caps.

When GM JaredCowenFan sais something he sticks to his word. If the line-up he assemblded to make a serious run for the playoffs didn't do damage he would blow the team up all together. Now that may not mean trading star players like Ovechkin, Toews, Backstrom or Green it means all the veterans 30+ older were shipped off (With exceptions of Green and Ovechkin). Alot of Draft picks were acquired but a few players were to. We made the following four deals:

Trade #1:

:kings2

Cory Sarich (37 Years Old, Top 6 Defenceman, 78 Overall)

Los Angeles' 2016 2nd Round Pick

Trade #2:

:flyers

Andy Greene (33 Years Old, Top 6 Defenceman, 80 Overall)

Phildephia's 2017 2nd Round Pick

Trade #3:

:bruins

Brooks Laich (32 Years Old, 3rd Line SCR FWD, 83 Overall)
Washington's 2016 3rd Round Pick

Larry Weston (20 Years Old, Other Defenceman, 62 Overall, 4 Stars)

Larry was originally drafted 4th overall in 2015 by the Bruins. Brooks played 1 game with the Senators, who originally drafted him in the 6th round in 2001, but then played 855 games with the Capitals.

Trade #4:

:wild

Jay McClement (32 Years Old, 3rd Line CHK FWD, 78 Overall)
Jarrett Stoll (33 Years Old, 3rd Line CHK FWD, 81 Overall)

Minnesota's 2016 1st Round Pick
Minnesota's 2017 2nd Round Pick

We now have 3 firsts (Our own, Calgary's, Minnesota's) in this years Draft and 3 2nd's (Toronto's, Los Angeles', Minnesota).

Tom Wilson (21), Derek Froats (23) and Broc Little (27) will all debut for us filling in the spots of players that were traded.

We still have Mike Ribeiro (35) we are still contemplating on trading but he's been very good to us, so I don't know. Vincent Lecavalier is still in the Minors, not playing.

More to come...

FrenchTickler

Jun 11, 2013
Quebec City
gmj.png

April 29th 2016
Blizzards Fall to Habs Again...

image.jpg

Montreal celebrating its second goal in game 7.

For the second year in a row, the Blizzards have fallen to the Canadiens. The player's performances were awful in this series and the lack of scoring from Quebec City was the main reason for the team's lost. No player scored more than 1 goal in the whole series and the top point getters only had 4 points each. Overall, this is another dissapointment from Quebec City who had a great season but once again failed to put things together during the Stanley Cup play-offs. GM FrenchTickler is furious and hopes to see change for the next year or else players will be moved.

2015-16 Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals
Home | Score | Away | Score | GWG Quebec City|4|Montreal|1|J. Audy-Marchessault Quebec City|0|Montreal|3|P. Subban
Montreal|2| Quebec City |1|D. Perklin
Montreal|6| Quebec City |0|R. Bourque
Quebec City|4|Montreal|1|T. Fleischmann
Montreal|0| Quebec City |2|B. Gallagher
Quebec City|0|Montreal|2|R. Diaz

Montreal wins in 7 games.

PasswordIsTaco

2012 & 2014
Sep 19, 2012
I've never done one of these before, so bear with me until I get the hang of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started a Be A GM with the Florida Panthers, was feeling like doing a rebuild. I quickly simmed the first season, nothing really special happened. The team went 35-36-9, good for 14th in the East and 28th Overall.

I won the lottery and got the 1st overall pick, and traded for the 19th and 24th picks at the draft (can't remember the exact deals, but it was veteran players).

Now comes the draft report, which is when I started recording my moves and building my team:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 NHL Entry Draft Report: Florida Panthers

:panthers

Before the first round, the Florida Panthers made a deal:

To :panthers

10th Overall Pick in 2013 Draft

To :avs

19th Overall Pick in 2013 Draft
24th Overall Pick in 2013 Draft

Here are the Panthers selections in the 2013 Draft:

Nathan Mackinnon, 1st Overall, 18 year old C, 62 OVR, 4.5G*
Adam Erne, 10th Overall, 18 year old RW, 66 OVR, 4.0*
Emile Poirier, 63rd Overall, 18 year old LW, 62 OVR, 3.5*
Jordan Subban, 92nd Overall, 18 year old D, 55 OVR, 3.5*
Zach Nastasiuk, 95th Overall, 18 year old RW, 54 OVR, 3.0*
Jordon Cooke, 125th Overall, 20 year old G, 53 OVR, 3.5*
Connor Sanvido, 129th Overall, 20 year old C, 53 OVR, 3.5*
Matt Petgrave, 155th Overall, 21 year old D, 59 OVR, 2.5*

*All draft picks were signed to 3-year Entry Level Contracts

:panthers
2013 Offseason Report

Re-Signings

Peter Mueller - 5 years, $26.675 million ($5.335 million cap hit)
Steven Weiss - 3 years, $11.85 million ($3.95 million cap hit)
Shawn Matthias - 8 years, $25.76 million ($3.22 million cap hit)
Jack Skille - 8 years, $10.4 million ($1.3 million cap hit)
T.J. Brennan - 8 years, $24.28 million ($3.035 million cap hit)
Jacob Markstrom - 8 years, $10.4 million ($1.3 million cap hit)
Jose Theodore - 2 years, $2.1 million ($1.055 million cap hit)

Free Agent Signings

Bud Holloway - 4 years, $11.6 million ($2.9 million cap hit)
Tomas Vokoun - 3 years, $21 million ($7 million cap hit)
Ian Cole* - 2 years, $7.3 million ($3.65 million cap hit)

*Cole was a Restricted Free Agent, so the Blues received compensation of a 2014 2nd round pick from the Panthers.

Trades

The Panthers made 2 trades in the offseason

2014 2nd Round Pick - Carolina

To :canes
Jose Theodore (G, 37 year old, 79 OVR)

AND

2014 1st Round Pick - Colorado

To :avs
Scottie Upshall (LW, 30 year old, 79 OVR)
Paul Ranger (D, 29 year old, 79 OVR)

2013-2014 Florida Panthers Starting Lineup

'A' Jonathan Huberdeau (85, 4.5*) - Peter Mueller (84, 4.0*) - Kris Versteeg (83)
Tomas Fleischmann (82) - 'C' Steven Weiss (83) - Drew Shore (81, 3.5*)
Sean Bergenheim (79) - Shawn Matthias (81, 3.5*) - Bud Holloway (81, 3.0*)
Justin Abdelkader (77, 3.5R*) - Marcel Goc (78) - Jack Skille (76, 3.0*)

'A' Brian Campbell (86) - Dmitry Kulikov (84, 4.0*)
Ian Cole (82, 4.0*) - T.J. Brennan (79, 3.5*)
Colby Robak (76, 3.5*) - Erik Gudbranson (79, 4.0*)

Tomas Vokoun (87)
Jacob Markstrom (78, 4.0*)

Next post will be up to and including the trade deadline.

SP0RTSFANATIC98

Feb 11, 2013
Minny
I'm about to run into some cap problems with the Nashville predators, so I am looking to trade one of Rinne, Weber or both, so my question is if any of you have traded these players and what you got for them or what I should be able to get for them, I'm just going into my third year weber is 90 and Rinne is 89

I have gotten the 3rd pick in the 2014 draft and a 3.5 star forward for Rinne

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
I always end up starting to pick prospects waaaaaaaay early and then run into cap problems down the road. And all the CPU teams are over the cap and get "adjusted" heh. That's the part I hate. It's just like "oh yeah, we'll inflate EVERYBODY's contract on your team to put you over the floor, or lower everybody's to get you below the ceiling". Even if you're 50k over, it lowers everyone by like half a million :shakehead:

And now I feel like an idiot... was under the impression that "adjusting" teams to fit within the cap meant the CPU would add/cut players from/to FA in order to fit within the cap, but that explains why I was able to get D. Keith for 4.035mil/5 yrs. I am not a smart man.

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
extralarge.png

May 23, 2013

Devils Offence Dries Up, Lose in 5 Games

ilya-kovalchuk-4-590x450.jpg

Kovalchuk only managed one goal and two assists against the Rangers, despite scoring 15 points in the two previous series.

After coming all the way to the Conference Finals, the Rangers proved to be too much for New Jersey. Lundqvist stood tall as always, allowing only six goals in the five games. “He is a very strong goalie and when you come up against him, you have to make sure you are on your game offensively,” Elias said after their overtime loss to knock them out of the playoffs. Even though he only managed to score one goal against New York, Kovalchuk lead the team with 18 points in 19 games. With a lot of older players on the New Jersey team, the off-season is going to be very important for GM Reynolds to re-tool his team. “A lot of our players might retire, so we need to be smart going into the draft by selecting players that will help our team going forward.”

Game 1: 3-2 Loss
Game 2: 3-0 Loss

Game 3: 3-1 Win
Game 4: 4-1 Loss
Game 5: 3-2 OT2 Loss (Brad Richards GWG)

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
:stars
2014-2015 STARS LOOK TO RETURN TO SCF

October 4, 2014

The Dallas Stars, 2012-2013 Stanley Cup winners, look to return to the Finals after a disappointing playoff exit last season. Led by Ray Shero, the young team stunned the hockey world two years ago, winning the Pacific Division and 2nd seed in the Western Conference on their way to their first Stanley Cup since 1999. Fresh off their cup win, the Stars were favored to repeat as champions last season, and looked poised to do so; after taking home the Presidents' Trophy and eliminating the Nashville Predators in 4 games, the Stars seemed to be running on all cylinders. Luck ran out for the Stars in the second round, however - backstopped by red hot goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, the Minnesota Wild, former home to the Stars franchise, eliminated Dallas in 5 games on their way to the first Finals appearance in club history.

The future remains bright for the Stars, who will once again field a team chock full of young superstars, headlined by Sidney Crosby, and a farm system that features a number of promising prospects, including Jonathan Drouin and Sam Reinhart.​

2014-2015 DALLAS STARS OPENING DAY LINE-UP
Patrick Sharp (87) - 'C' Sidney Crosby (95) - 'A' Phil Kessel (88)
James Van Riemsdyk (85, 4.5*) - Nazem Kadri (83, 4*) - Nikita Kucherov (85, 4.5*)
Sven Baertschi (83, 4.5*) - Filip Forsberg (83, 4*) - Vladimir Tarasenko (82, 4.5*)
Beau Bennett (77, 4*) - Peter Regin (76) - Zack Kassian (79, 4.0*)

'A' Duncan Keith (90) - P.K. Subban (88, 4.5*)
Zach Bogosian (86, 4.5*) - John Carlson (86, 4*)
Ryan Murray (82, 4.5*) - Seth Jones (78, 4.5G*)

Cory Schneider (87)
Tim Thomas (79)

DALLAS STARS TOP PROSPECTS

Player Name | Position | Age | Overall | Potential | League
S. Reinhart|C|18|75|4.5|CHL
M. Grigorenko|C|20|75|4.5|AHL
J. Campbell|G|22|73|4.5|AHL
J. Drouin|LW|19|62|4.5|CHL
S. Harrington|D|21|68|4|AHL
A. Barkov|C|19|59|4|AHL
J. Virtanen|RW|18|49|4|CHL
B. Dumoulin|D|23|75|3.5|AHL