Post-Game Talk: Cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I hope Chytil is ok. They said illness, that he woke up sick on gameday. And being it wasn't on the day after the game, it tend to think it isn't concussion related, and that he really came down ill. After all, he is returning to getting into people's faces. So germs are much more present.

With the progress of Kakko, who looked like a beast on Saturday and Laffy feeling his oats,.... one day, I would like to see Chytil rejoin them as our first line of the future. Maybe not this post season, but not far off, the way these guys are progressing. These guys are built for playoff hockey.

The way Kakko and Laffy played last night, gives me even more confidence we will go far in these playoffs, even though we lost this game.

We are kidding ourselves if we don't see the obvious here. Chytil's issue flared up after he exerted himself.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Game 3: desperate Canes down 2-0 in the series go up 2-0 on deflection goals, but we clapped back, tied it, and won it.

Game 4: an even more desperate Canes team on the brink of elimination come out flying and go up 3-0, but we tied it again.

If we got blown out tonight, I would agree we gave them life. But this team is Jason f***ing Voorhies. Pump in three rounds but it just keeps coming. It doesn't speed up, it just continues coming at you at the same f***ing fast-walking pace through the woods until it catches you even though you're going 100 mph. The Canes might've found the main road and gotten away tonight. This team continues coming...
I said the exact same thing last night while watching. If we get blown out then this is coming back to MSG for game 7. We didn't,
Saw that Igor pass for the 3v1. Wowza.

Wennberg had Cuylle open for an easy goal but can’t fault the shot there. He beat Andersen, it just clanked iron.

Heard that Laf hit one too so if Carolina didn’t hit any in this game the post count is now 5-2 rangers for the series. They’re up 3-1 with fewer pp opps and shittier puck luck.
Again, bourbon, but I'm fairly certain we hit four posts and Carolina had two.

This was Millers worst post season game ever. He was Trouba-esque. My dad and I agreed that he looked sick or hungover or something. He was not himself.

Reactions: will1066

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah bring out the nine-tailed-cat and flog Gus to make Trouba better... Ye Olde Voodoo Coaching.

Nothing wrong with Brodz, he's not the reason Trouba smells like a week old fish.

We are a better team with Zac that's been clear for a few months. The only issue if Trouba is out is the PK which is important in the playoffs, especially so since in every single game the refs make a point of calling Rempe simply for being on the ice.
Keenan benched Leetch in 94, against the Devils.

Nothing should be off the table.

• Love
Reactions: Clark Kellogg

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
We are kidding ourselves if we don't see the obvious here. Chytil's issue flared up after he exerted himself.
It’s not the obvious though… because it was two days after playing that he felt ill, the day after he “exerted” he felt “great”… that’s what makes me optimistic. Occam’s Razor here would say he is/was actually ill. But anything is possible.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I got on Kaako for his crazy low assists during the season but I have to give him props. He has made a few really nice passes in this series.

I don't think we have any way to know for sure. I understand people fear the worst and want to speculate but nothing is for sure. Could be something bad or something ordinary. No way for us to know this morning.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
all the top teams are running 3 lines and their top4-5 defensemen. Fox and KAM/Schneids should be getting 24-25 minutes

It's OK for us to do the same, especially when players shit the bed like Trouba.

Reactions: mas0764 and Atax

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
HAPPY MOTHER’s DAY to all of you that are!!!
Happy Mother’s Day to all your spouses that are!!!
Happy Mother's Day to all of your Mothers that are still in your life.
In Memorial to all of us whose Mother’s are no longer with us, may today bring you beautiful memories of your time with them.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
Would I have liked a win last night? Absolutely. Do I like the boys getting a little taste of adversity not in the form of a come from behind win? I do. A reality check, a team laser focused tomorrow to take care of business. I’m in.

Reactions: Breaded Fox

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008

Wennberg had Cuylle open for an easy goal but can’t fault the shot there. He beat Andersen, it just clanked iron.

Heard that Laf hit one too so if Carolina didn’t hit any in this game the post count is now 5-2 rangers for the series. They’re up 3-1 with fewer pp opps and shittier puck luck.
DeAngelo hit one with a point shot. Deflected off Kakko and past Shesty short side low.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Lindgren also missed a WIIIIDE open net on a SH chance.

we had more than enough chances to put in the dagger last night.... couldn't hit the net and overcome a terrible 1st period from Trouba and co

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Just came out in Early Access(Steam and Epic). They've said it'll be in EA through at least 2024 so it probably won't hit consoles until 1st or 2nd quarter of 2025.

It really is. The content in this game is already insane. Super Giant weren't kidding when they said Hades 2 EA already has more in it than Hades 1.0. Love it, Hades was already one of my All-Time favorites and the sequel hasn't disappointed whatsoever.
I am an overhead arpg stan, hades 1 was the GOAT, looks like hades 2 is coming for
The title. I poscasted about it, my first podcast ever, and in 30 minutes i covered maybe 1/3 of what i could have.

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I didn’t get to watch last night. Just watched the replay. I 100% get the frustration expressed here.

But big picture…we have seen the best the Canes are capable of. And last night, elimination game at home, was still highly winnable for NYR. They just have to get 1/3 from them here.

Reactions: Cmox

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

He has been exerting himself for months now, first on his own and then in practice. It's not like he doesn't get any contact in practice. Yes, game conditions are a step up from that, but let's not act like he hasn't pushed himself at all before game 3.

Reactions: bhamill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad