NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
So since it looks impossible to advance in my Ducks GM, and I basically ruined it anyway by dumping all my info on it at once, I'll start up a new one either tonight or tomorrow.

But which team should I use?

:nucks or :jets or :bruins

Leaning towards Vancouver. Any comments?

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
extralarge.png

April 29, 2013

Martin Brodeur’s Two Shutouts Clinch the Comeback for the Devils

Martin-Brodeur-makes-a-sa-010.jpg

Martin Brodeur finishes off a solid series allowing one goal in his last 3 games.

It was a rough start to the playoffs for the New Jersey Devils, falling behind 3-1 to the Ottawa Senators, but Martin Brodeur’s play in net, coupled with Kovalchuk’s 6 goals throughout the series, they were able to fight through to move on to the next round. “I was very impressed by our team’s determination to win games. Even when our backs were against the wall, we were able to continue to stay focused and win games,†GM Reynolds commented on after their game seven victory. Ilya Kovalchuk leads the team with 6 goals and 2 assists, good for the most points on the Devils and for a 6-way tie for second in points for the entire NHL. Andy Greene has also been a surprise during the first round for New Jersey, with 6 points (1 goal, 5 assists).

Game 1: 1-0 Loss OT2 (Jakob Silfverberg GWG)
Game 2: 2-1 Loss

Game 3: 4-2 Win
Game 4: 3-1 Loss
Game 5: 2-1 Win
Game 6: 4-0 Win
Game 7: 3-0 Win

New Jersey’s next opponent is the 6th seeded Toronto Maple Leafs.

6th Seeded Toronto Maple Leafs

Lupul (84) – Kadri (83) – Kessel (86)
MacArthur (83) – Grabovski (82) – Kulemin (82)
McClement (79) – Bozak (80) – Frattin (77)
Connolly (78) – Colborne (76) – Fraser (74)

Phaneuf (89) – Gunnarsson (82)
Liles (82) – Franson (79)
O’Byrne (76) – Komisarek (78)

Reimer (82)
Scrivens (76)​

Also funny side note my AHL time is playing the Ottawa farm team in their first round of the playoffs. :laugh:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Sorry to hear about that Deku, do Winnipeg!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NYT_banner.jpg

NHL Folds; Now Becomes the IHAL
September 11, 2012

hi-res-151963379_crop_650x440.jpg

Gary Bettman announces that the NHL has folded.

With the NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement expired, the NHL and the NHLPA tried to make amends to create a new one, however, the NHL has decided to play hardball. The NHLPA was fed up with the league, so they too hardballed. This meant that the NHL was in lockout mode, which meant no hockey for the fans. The two sides never met again and the NHL was no longer running, which was the first official league in North America to fold. However, a new league has uprooted, called the International Hockey Association League. It has kept 20 NHL teams, but the ten that were left are no longer hockey clubs. The teams that have folded are:

* Columbus Blue Jackets
* St.Louis Blues
* New Jersey Devils
* New York Islanders
* Colorado Avalanche
* Dallas Stars
* Phoenix Coyotes
* Tampa Bay Lightning
* Florida Panthers
* Carolina Hurricanes

The Florida Panthers have relocated to Quebec City and the Phoenix Coyotes are now in Seattle. "We are very excited to have a hockey club", said the Seattle mayor. "Hopefully the team becomes a Cup Contender in the next few years."

The eight remaining spots will contain four expansion teams; Regina, Stockholm, Moscow, and Helinski. The rest of the teams will be imported from other leagues, such as the HC Davos, llves, Minsk, and Jokerit. Jokerit's contract with the KHL has been terminated since they had the chance to join the IHAL.

There will be a folding draft for all ten teams that did not join the IHAL. Then, there will be an expansion draft for the four expansion teams.

:nhl

CanucksCupHopes*

So since it looks impossible to advance in my Ducks GM, and I basically ruined it anyway by dumping all my info on it at once, I'll start up a new one either tonight or tomorrow.

But which team should I use?

:nucks or :jets or :bruins

Leaning towards Vancouver. Any comments?
Vancouver would be the best

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:nucks
September 26, 2012
Canucks Bring In New Coach, GM

tortorella-john-canucks_940_zps03422123.jpg

This goof (John Tortorella) is the newest head coach of the Vancouver Canucks.

After getting upset by the Los Angeles Kings in round one of last year's playoffs, the Vancouver Canucks publicly stated that they would be making changes within the organization. They did not specify whether those would be changes made to their roster or other parts of the org. However, today they fired general manager Mike Gillis and relieved coach Alain Vigneault of his duties, and brought in replacements. Former New York Rangers coach John Tortorella will be replacing Vigneault, and Gillis' replacement is a little-known Russian man who used to play in the KHL, and before that the AHL. His name is Vladimir Putilov, and he played forward for many teams in the AHL including the Portland Pirates, the San Antonio Rampage, the Binghamton Senators, and the Chicago Wolves. He was never able to crack an NHL lineup full-time, and when the KHL opened in 2008, he headed home and played for Traktor of the KHL until retiring after this past season. He was a good scoring right winger in Russia, but wasn't able to score as well in America, so he played a physical game, usually in a bottom-six role. He has tremendous hockey knowledge, but never had enough skill to succeed in America. He did receive a couple call-ups to the Vancouver Canucks, and the organization knows him well. This seems like a bit of an odd choice for the GM position, but it just might work.

The most interesting part about this season should be the Canucks' goaltending situation. Cory Schneider and Roberto Luongo are both fantastic goaltenders, but only one can be the starter, and the Canucks can't hold on to both for much longer.

Vancouver Canucks 2012-13 Lineup

Daniel Sedin (91, A) - Henrik Sedin (90, C) - Alex Burrows (83)
Derek Roy (86) - Ryan Kesler (88) - Chris Higgins (82)
Daivd Booth (80) - Maxim Lapierre (78) - Mason Raymond (80)
Janik Hansen (80) - Manny Malhotra (78) - Dale Weise (73)

Alexander Edler (88, A) - David Hamhuis (88)
Jason Garrison (82) - Kevin Bieksa (84)
Keith Ballard (81) - Chris Tanev (80)

Cory Schneider (87) - Roberto Luongo (89)

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Okay, good you did Canucks. Winnipeg isn't fun to do with. And I did them so I wouldn't enjoy reading as much. Vancouver intrigues me. You should of put Schneider on Jersey though. :S

Next GM I do I am going to update all the trades that have been done to date.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
:isles --- DRAFT REPORT --- :isles

PICK|POS|TYPE|NAME|AGE|HT|WT|TEAM|POT|OVR
3|C|Sam Reinhart|PLY|18|6'3"|184|Kootenay (WHL)| 4.5 |75
8|RW|Jake Virtanen|SNP|17|6'2"|172|Calgary (WHL)| 4 |49
11|G|Guillaume Decelles|HYB|20|6'3"|187|Blainville-Boisbriand (QMJHL)| 4 |49
41|RW|Johan Jensen|SNP|19|5'10"|181|Timra IK (Elitserien)| 3.5 |59
71|LHD|Tristan Pomerleau|OFD|18|5'9"|156|Victoriaville (QMJHL)| 3.5 |41
91|LHD|Jeffrey Ellis|TWD|19|6'3"|213|US NTDP| 2 |58
101|LHD|Sami Korpikoski|TWD|18|6'7"|216|Karpat (SM-Liiga)| 2.5 |55
131|C|Michael Dal Colle|TWF|18|6'2"|186|Oshawa (OHL)| 2.5 |53
161|C|Daniel Nikandrov|PLY|19|6'3"|180|Sarnia (OHL)| 2.5 |53
191|LHD|Vyacheslav Latypov|OFD|19|6'3"|209|Donetsk (KHL)| 2.5 |55

:isles

TRADES
RECEIVED|TEAM| --- |TEAM|RECEIVED
Igor Arkhipov, Liam Liston, Jan Hejda|DET| --- |COL|Brian Lashoff, Ryan Sproul, DET 1st 2014
Michael Grabner, Thomas Hickey, NYI 2nd 2015 | BOS | --- | NYI | Malcolm Subban, BOS 1st 2014 Frans Nielsen, Ty Wishart, NYI 1st 2015 | TBL | --- | NYI | TBL 1st 2014
Vladimir Schastlivy, Brock McGinn|MIN| --- |CAR|Niklas Backstrom

:isles

Last edited:

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
extralarge.png

May 14, 2013

Milan Hejduk Saves the Series!

5efd7ba24bab1910120f6a706700d593.jpg

After blowing a 3-1 series lead, Milan Hejduk’s overtime winner sends New Jersey to the Conference Finals.

After coming back from 3-1 down to win in round one, the Devils were almost on the other end in round two. Luckily enough, Milan Hejduk, a depth addition at the trade deadline was there to save the day. Scoring in regulation and in overtime, he scored both of New Jersey’s goals in game seven to send them into the final four. “Since coming here at the trade deadline, it has been nothing but good things. We have played extremely well and we are one series win away from playing for the Stanley Cup,†Milan Hejduk said in a post game interview. Kovalchuk continued his great play in this series. He had 7 points in this series (1 goal, 6 assists) for a grand total of 15 points throughout the first 14 games of the playoffs.

Game 1: 3-1 Win
Game 2: 5-2 Loss
Game 3: 2-1 OT Win (Jacob Josefson GWG)
Game 4: 6-3 Win

Game 5: 3-2 OT Loss (Mike Mottau GWG)
Game 6: 4-3 OT Loss (Nikolai Kulemin GWG)

Game 7: 2-1 OT Win (Milan Hejduk GWG)

New Jersey’s next opponent is the 8th seeded New York Rangers.

Nash (87) – Richards (87) – Callahan (84)
McDonald (81) – Stepan (84) – Prospal (80)
Hagelin (80) – Brassard (81) – Zuccarello (79)
Pyatt (75) – Powe (74) – Dorsett (74)

Del Zotto (83) – Girardi (85)
Hamrlik (82) – Ohlund (82)
Boyle (78) – Eminger (77)

Lundqvist (91)
Biron (77)

Injuries: LW Clowe, D Staal, D McDonagh, D Leopold​

Flyers8

Apr 23, 2013
@TSNBobMcKenzie Big trade coming across now. Most likely between Predators and Sharks.

@TSNBobMcKenzie It involves Joe Thorton. More info to come.

@TSNBobMcKenzie The trade is official. Joe Thorton (87 overall) to Nashville for Scott Bancroft (3 stars), Michal Holub (3.5 stars), and Nashville's 2nd round pick in the 2017 draft. Thorton should center the first line on the 9th place Predators. Filip Forsberg will play left wing on the first line and David Backes will drop to the 3rd line center postition.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@TSNBobMcKenzie Big trade coming across now. Most likely between Predators and Sharks.

@TSNBobMcKenzie It involves Joe Thorton. More info to come.

@TSNBobMcKenzie The trade is official. Joe Thorton (87 overall) to Nashville for Scott Bancroft (3 stars), Michal Holub (3.5 stars), and Nashville's 2nd round pick in the 2017 draft. Thorton should center the first line on the 9th place Predators. Filip Forsberg will play left wing on the first line and David Backes will drop to the 3rd line center postition.

That's a steal.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Okay, good you did Canucks. Winnipeg isn't fun to do with. And I did them so I wouldn't enjoy reading as much. Vancouver intrigues me. You should of put Schneider on Jersey though. :S

Next GM I do I am going to update all the trades that have been done to date.

Nah, I want to have Schneids and Luo battle it out, so I can choose who I want to trade.

Besides, if I moved him to NJ, I wouldn't be able to get the 9th overall pick like they did irl.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
:wild
Wild ship off Setoguchi at the deadline despite being 4th in the league
March 5th, 2013

images

Setoguchi scoring against Mikku Kiprusoff of the Calgary Flames

Devin Setoguchi has been sent back to where it all started for him, the San Jose Sharks. Devin was drafted in the 1st round of the 2005 NHL Draft by the Sharks, but was traded to the Wild at the 2011 Draft along with Charlie Coyle and the Sharks 1st Round Pick in exchange for Brent Burns and a 2012 2nd Round Pick. The Wild got a good deal for him as well, acquiring a 1st Round Pick in the upcoming draft, and goaltender Alex Stalock. We asked Murray why he would trade away a roster player when the team is doing so well:
We are a team that is looking towards the future and working in the present at the same time. Devin has shown his skill in the past and has a bright future ahead of him. He also is a top 2 lines kind of forward which we couldn't give right now and the Sharks were in need of a forward like that so we made a deal.
General Manager Dan Murray was correct when saying the top 2 lines are full. Minnesota's top line of Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, and Jason Pominville have found chemistry and have produced 49, 51, and 47 points, respectively. The second line has found chemistry after a slow start igniting the scoring of Left winger Dany Heatley with 26 goals this season along with 50 points. P.M. Bouchard is the probable cause. Bouchard is posting numbers he hasn't had since the 2008-2009 season with 17 goals, and 27 assists for 44 points. The third member of the line Charlie Coyle, is having a decent season as a rookie with 23 points but is injured at the moment with a lower body injury.

There was one more trade made by the Wild to add some defensive depth for the playoffs. Minnesota sent 2012 prospect Raphael Bussieres and defenseman Clayton Stoner in exchange for defensman Hal Gill, Nashville's 2013 3rd Round Pick, and Buffalo's 2013 4th Round Pick . This will help an injury riddled defense and give Nashville a good prospect to work with.

Lastly at the All-Star Break, Captain Mikko Koivu was the only representative for the Wild.

Trade Deadline Transactions:

:wild Receive

2013 1st Round Pick (SJS)
G Alex Stalock (72)

:sharks Receive

RW Devin Setoguchi (82)

----------

:blues Receive

D Mark Streit (82)

:isles Receive

LW Evgeny Grachev (73)

----------

:wild Receive

D Hal Gill (80)
2013 3rd Round Pick (NSH)
2013 4th Round Pick (BUF)

:nashville Receive

LW Raphael Bussieres (55)
D Clayton Stoner (75)

----------

:sens Receive

LW Eric Nystrom (74)

:stars Receive

D Matt Lundin (74)​

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012
I'm about to run into some cap problems with the Nashville predators, so I am looking to trade one of Rinne, Weber or both, so my question is if any of you have traded these players and what you got for them or what I should be able to get for them, I'm just going into my third year weber is 90 and Rinne is 89

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Holy christ you guys get into this, wish I had found this forum sooner.

Just curious, without having read all 5 threads - do most of y'all start with existing rosters or does anyone else do a fantasy draft to kick things off? Just curious, was thinking of posting my 3y old Dallas team that was started with a fantasy draft but maybe I'll start a new one with an existing team.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
I'm about to run into some cap problems with the Nashville predators, so I am looking to trade one of Rinne, Weber or both, so my question is if any of you have traded these players and what you got for them or what I should be able to get for them, I'm just going into my third year weber is 90 and Rinne is 89

How are the rest of your defensemen and if you trade Rinne try to get a solid goalie in return

FrenchTickler

Jun 11, 2013
Quebec City
gmj.png

October 4th 2015
Blizzards In It To Win It

636745-brendan-gallagher.jpg

Quebec City acquired RFA Brendan Gallagher during the off-season.

Quebec City had a relatively busy summer that saw Teemu Selanne and Martin Brodeur retire. Furthermore, they re-signed 6 important players, a few RFAs and rookies and acquired 3 free agents. Martin Jones will be the starter goalie for the Rochester Americans, Brendan Gallagher will most likely play a 3rd line role and Marco Cousineau will be Markstrom’s back-up for the 2015-2016 season. Jonathan Huberdeau was named captain of the Blizzards and the management expects great results from the team with the young captain’s leadership.

Players re-signed
Player Name | Position | Age | Overall | Years | Salary
J. Audy-Marchessault|LW|24|80|1|1.340 M
D. Shore|C|24|85|2|4.720 M
N. Bjugstad|C|2|78|3|1.150 M
C. Tropp |RW|25|79|4|1.620 M
T. Fleischmann|LW|31|85|2|4.655 M
P. Dupuis|RW|36|79|1|1.825 M
J. Huberdeau|C|22|87|5|5.495 M
+other rookies and AHL players.

Free Agents signed

Player Name | Position | Age | Overall | Years | Salary
M. Jones|G|25|78|3|0.925 M
B. Gallagher|RW|23|80|3|1.740 M
M. Cousineau|G|25|81|2|1.525 M

---

Blizzards Opening Night Roster

* = Rookie

V. Nichushkin (84) / J. Huberdeau -C- (87) / A. Radulov -A- (86)
T. Fleischmann (85) / D. Shore (85) / * J. Audy-Marchessault (80)
C. Tropp 79 / N. Bjugstad (78) / B. Gallagher (80)
J. Lagace (77) / L. Adam (79) / P. Dupuis (79)

D. Phaneuf -A- (90) / D. Kulikov (85)
T. Brennan (83) / E. Gudbransson (81)
A. Biega (80) / B. Mcnabb (79)

J. Markstrom (87)
M. Cousineau (81)

Blizzards’ Prospect Pool

Player Name | Position | Age | Overall | Potential | League
J. Drouin|LW|20|64|4.5|AHL
F. Gauthier|C|20|64|4|AHL
J. Ho-Sang|RW|19|57|4|OHL
J. Armia|RW|22|69|4|AHL
T. Jarry|G|20|51|4|AHL
J. Gauthier-Leduc|D|22|71|4|AHL
N. Beaulieu|D|22|73|4|AHL
A. Petrovic|D|23|78|4|AHL
M. Klimchuk|C|20|63|4|AHL
J. Morrissey|D|20|60|4|AHL
Q. Howden|LW|23|76|4|AHL
F. Haskins|RW|19|63|3.5|AHL
J. Subban|D|20|61|3.5|AHL
L. Crosby|C|18|58|3.5|AHL
J. Engelhardt|D|18|59|3.5|AHL
L. Tarnasky|D|18|58|3.5|AHL
A Pawelczyk|LW|19|54|3.5|QMJHL
J. McFarland|RW|23|73|3.5|AHL
C. Ully|LW|20|60|3.5|AHL
K. Platzer|RW|20|60|3.5|AHL
M. Friberg|LW|22|68|3.5|AHL

Last edited:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
NYT_banner.jpg

The Results Are In
September 20, 2012

MacTavish,%20Craig.png

Craig Mactavish makes his selection at the NHL folding draft.

The folding draft(s) results are in. There were eight rounds, each one with a different order. Since the orders were based on the 2011-2012 NHL regular season, the Edmonton Oilers started off with the 1st overall pick, followed by Montreal and Toronto. However, each round had a different order, based on the standings. For example, in the 3rd round the order was reversed with Vancouver selecting 1st overall. "We wanted to make the order as even as possible", said Gary Bettman. "So, we decided that this was the best possible way to complete that."

Tampa Bay Lightning(worst-best record):

1. Edmonton: Stamkos
2. Montreal: St.Louis
3. Toronto: Lecavalier
4. Anaheim: Carle
5. Minnesota: Hedman
6. Winnipeg: Brewer
7. Buffalo: Purcell
8. Calgary: Malone
9. Ottawa: Salo
10. Washington: Ohlund
11. Los Angeles: Lindback
12. San Jose: Bishop
13. Chicago: Killorn
14. Detroit: Garon
15. Boston: Pyatt
16. Philadelphia: B.Pouliot
17. Nashville: Thompson
18. Pittsburgh: Aulie
19. NY Rangers: Crombeen
20. Vancouver: Panik
--------------------------

New Jersey Devils(worst-best record):

1. Edmonton: Kovalchuk
2. Montreal: Larsson
3. Toronto: Zajac
4. Anaheim: Tallinder
5. Minnesota: Volchenkov
6. Winnipeg: Brodeur
7. Buffalo: Elias
8. Calgary: Clarkson
9. Ottawa: Henrique
10. Washington: Ponikarovsky
11. Los Angeles: Greene
12. San Jose: Zidlicky
13. Chicago: Fayne
14. Detroit: Zubrus
15. Boston: S.Sullivan
16. Philadelphia: Salvador
17. Nashville: D'Agostini
18. Pittsburgh: Loktionov
19. NY Rangers: Jofeson
20. Vancouver: S.Bernier
Columbus Blue Jackets(best-worst record):

1. Vancouver: Gaborik
2. NY Rangers: Bobrovsky
3. Pittsburgh: J.Johnson
4. Nashville: Umberger
5. Philadelphia: Tyutin
6. Boston: Dubinsky
7. Detroit: Wisniewski
8. Chicago: N.Foligno
9. San Jose: Anisimov
10. Los Angeles: Prospal
11. Washington: Comeau
12. Ottawa: A.Aucoin
13. Calgary: R.Johansen
14. Buffalo: Letesu
15. Winnipeg: Leighton
16. Minnesota: Mackenzie
17. Anaheim: Boll
18. Toronto: Nikitin
19. Montreal: Erixon
20. Edmonton: C.Gillies
New York Islanders(best-worst record):

1. Vancouver: Tavares
2. NY Rangers: Streit
3. Pittsburgh: Visnovsky
4. Nashville: Moulson
5. Philadelphia: Grabner
6. Boston: Andrew Macdonald
7. Detroit: Okposo
8. Chicago: Nabokov
9. San Jose: Boyes
10. Los Angeles: Thomas
11. Washington: Nielsen
12. Ottawa: Hamonic
13. Calgary: Bailey
14. Buffalo: Hickey
15. Winnipeg: Carkner
16. Minnesota: K.Aucoin
17. Anaheim: Reasoner
18. Toronto: Poulin
19. Montreal: M.Martin
20. Edmonton: Martinek
Carolina Hurricanes(15th-30th overall; 1st-14th overall):

1. Washington: Ward
2. Ottawa: E.St.aal
3. Calgary: J. Staal
4. Buffalo: Gleason
5. Winnipeg: Pitkanen
6. Minnesota: Skinner
7. Anaheim: Semin
8. Toronto: T.Ruutu
9. Montreal: MA Bergeron
10. Edmonton: Tlusty
11. Vancouver: Larose
12. NY Rangers: McBain
13. Pittsburgh: Peters
14. Nashville: Faulk
15. Philadelphia: D.Ellis
16. Boston: Corvo
17. Detroit: Brent
18. Chicago: Sanguinette
19. San Jose: Harrison
20. Los Angeles: Dwyer
Colorado Avalanche(15th-30th overall; 14th-1st overall):

1. Washington: Duchene
2. Ottawa: Stastny
3. Calgary: E.Johnson
4. Buffalo: O'Reilly
5. Winnipeg: Parenteau
6. Minnesota: Landeskog
7. Anaheim: Downie
8. Toronto: Hejda
9. Montreal: Varlamov
10. Edmonton: Zanon
11. Los Angeles: Hejduk
12. San Jose: D.Jones
13. Chicago: Kobasew
14. Detroit: McGinn
15. Boston: O'Brien
16. Philadelphia: Giguere
17. Nashville: Hunwick
18. Pittsburgh: Wislon
19. NY Rangers: Pakushai
20. Vancouver: Barrie
Dallas Stars(14th-1st overall; 15th-30th overall):

1. Los Angeles: Jamie Benn
2. San Jose: Lehtonen
3. Chicago: Eriksson
4. Detroit: Eric Cole
5. Boston: Daley
6. Philadelphia: Goligoski
7. Nashville: Robidas
8. Pittsburgh: Whitney
9. NY Rangers: Fiddler
10. Vancouver: Waddel
11. Washington: Rome
12. Ottawa: Nystrom
13. Calgary: Eakin
14. Buffalo: Bachman
15. Winnipeg: Larsen
16. Minnesota: Garbutt
17. Anaheim: Jordie Benn
18. Toronto: R.Smith
19. Montreal: Chiasson
20. Edmonton: Dillon
St.Louis Blues(14th-1st overall; 30th-15th overall):

1. Los Angeles: Pietrangelo
2. San Jose: Boumeester
3. Chicago: Shattenkirk
4. Detroit: Perron
5. Boston: Oshie
6. Philadelphia: Backes
7. Nashville: Halak
8. Pittsburgh: B.Jackman
9. NY Rangers: Leopold
10. Vancouver: Steen
11. Edmonton: Tarasenko
12. Montreal: C.Stewert
13. Toronto: Andy McDonald
14. Anaheim: Elliot
15. Minnesota: Berglund
16. Winnipeg: Langenbrunner
17. Buffalo: Polak
18. Calgary: Schwartz
19. Ottawa: Russel
20. Washington: Ian Cole

* The order of players went based on their overalls. If their rating was tied, whoever's last name was first would be selected first.

Next up is the expansion draft!

:nhl

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
^ Nice read. Are you going to post every team's roster once they're ready? I'd like to see them.

March 5th, 2013
The Luo Days Are Over

luongo.jpg

Roberto Luongo has been shipped out of town, so Vancouver fans will not likely be seeing moments like this one any longer.

After a bad start to the season, it looked like John Tortorella was not what the Vancouver Canucks needed. They were below .500 until after the All-Star Break - when they finally turned on the jets. Today was the NHL Trade Deadline, and the Canucks currently sit 6th in the Western Conference with a record of 33-25-7. After the All-Star Break, they went on a 12-2-3 run, suddenly putting themselves into playoff contention. Daniel Sedin leads the team in points, and is 4th in the league with 62 points in 65 games. The Canucks are scoring well, but their powerplay has not been great and their penalty kill could use some work. It's been obvious all season that 27 year old netminder Cory Schneider has been severely outplaying his veteran counterpart Roberto Luongo, and many speculated that Luongo could be dealt at the deadline to bring in help for other areas of the team. They were right, and Vladimir Putilov pulled off his first trade as an NHL GM. Luongo's stats are not horrible, but he is under-performing this season. His record is 10-14-3, and his save percentage has been below-average for his standards. (.914%). It's not the team in front of him that's the problem, as Cory Schneider has been picking up wins like crazy recently, and Luongo has been giving up a lot of bad goals. There was not much interest around the league in Luongo, due to his contract, but three teams went hard for him. Solid offers were on the table from the Florida Panthers, the Philadelphia Flyers, and the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Flyers reportedly offered Scott Laughton and a first round pick for Luongo, but Putilov sent them a counter offer that they accepted:

:flyers

G Roberto Luongo (89, 33 years old)
D Peter Andersson (61, 21 years old, 3 yellow stars)

RW Jakub Voracek (82, 23 years old, 4.5 yellow stars)
G Brian Boucher (73, 36 years old)

Jakub Voracek is a promising young forward who has 33 points in 64 games so far this season. He has first-line upside, but the Flyers think that they need a good goaltender more than they need Voracek's services. Their other two goaltenders, Steve Mason and Ilya Bryzgalov, have both been sub-par this season and goaltending seems to be the team's achilles heel. Voracek will join the Sedin twins on the Canucks' top line for the rest of the season. Most believe that he is not quite a first-line player yet, but he should succeed with such talented players as the Sedins. Fourth-line right winger Dale Weise was sent down to the AHL to make room for Voracek.

The Pittsburgh Penguins also made a trade with Vancouver - they were looking for an offensive-minded defender who could provide a spark to their powerplay, and were willing to give up a solid prospect to get one. It was a one-for-one swap:

:pens

D Cam Barker (81, 26 years old, 4 yellow stars)

D Scott Harrington (62, 19 years old, 4 yellow stars)

Barker did not play any games for Vancouver this season, but was doing exceptionally well in the AHL with 37 points in 53 games and a +20 rating. The Penguins will play him on their third pairing and second powerplay unit. He is a solid player but the Canucks did not have a use for him. Scott Harrington is a fantastic return for Barker, as he has top-four upside, although he may take a while to get there.

So, with 18 games left in the season, the Canucks will have to continue their fantastic play of late if they want to remain in a playoff spot. The Anaheim Ducks and Minnesota Wild are both just one point back of Vancouver, and four other teams are two to four points behind them.

Daniel Sedin (91, A) - Henrik Sedin (90, C) - Jakub Voracek (82)
Derek Roy (86) - Ryan Kesler (88) - Chris Higgins (82)
Mason Raymond (80) - Maxim Lapierre (78) - Alex Burrows (83)
Janik Hansen (80) - Manny Malhotra (78) - David Booth (80)

Alexander Edler (88, A) - David Hamhuis (88)
Jason Garrison (82) - Kevin Bieksa (84)
Keith Ballard (81) - Chris Tanev (80)

Cory Schneider (87) - Brian Boucher (73)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad