Confirmed with Link: Nazem Kadri signs with the Flames (7 years, $7M AAV)

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
That leaves the rest of our forward lines very weak.

I think best to go Huberdeau-LIndholm-x and Mangiapane-Kadri-x. Not a fan of having a 2nd line built around Mangiapane/Backlund/Toffoli.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Someone needs to defend, even on the first line. The mix is just right, Huberdeau replaces Gaudreau, Kadri replaces what Tkachuk brought to that line.
Issue is Kadri and Lindholm can both defend and Lindholm is elite at it down the middle. Flames deathly needed more centre depth to build out of the middle of the ice, removing their best C in order to create one death line just permeates the depth issues they are fighting to solve by getting Kadri.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Huberdeau looked great with a prick like Bennett on his line, i think he plays with Kadri.

Hot take: Top line will be Huberdeau - Kadri - Lindholm
Barring another forward move it wouldn’t shock me. However I think Linds, Kadri and Backs roll out pretty evenly. This will help reduce the load on Linds and Backs a lot. Cut down on their defensive zone draws and even strength minutes by even a small amount will benefit both.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
It is funny how much other fans seem to like our moves but I guess they are just looking at it from a broad sense so the flashy moves stand out.
I think the hockey world assumed the worst for the Flames and you guys came out smelling like roses.

Everyone can appreciate a good team getting hosed and turning it around.

Metalwood

Sep 30, 2021
As a Canucks fan, congratulations on turning what must have been a downer for the team into a huge plus... Great veteran additions. The window to win is now! Might as well go all in with the forward group and Markstrom not getting any younger. Ballsy move by Treliving I like it

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I think the hockey world assumed the worst for the Flames and you guys came out smelling like roses.

Everyone can appreciate a good team getting hosed and turning it around.

I don't think we turned it around but we did make the best out of it if the only option was go for it.

I think what outside fans might not look at or consider is that we should have gone for a total rebuild, take that option out and we did pretty well with what we could I agree.

Reactions: Fig

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Kadri has NEVER been a number 1 Center. He is an extremely good #2.
When Mackinnon when down last season, Kadri stepped and absolutely played like a #1. Ignore his absurd scoring pace and just watch how he played; he was dominant. Small sample size blah blah blah - it was also the first time Kadri was played as a #1.

Now, in a vain attempt to circumvent a debate over the definition of what is or isn't a #1 center, I'll just say that Kadri is as much a number one as Lindholm.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Finally get two number one centers

Proceeds to put them on the same line

Like what

Read again what I wrote. Make-up of that line is what worked with JG - Lindholm - Tkachuk.

Calling Kadri and Lindholm number one centres is a stretch.

I will be shocked if Sutter plays Backlund in a 3C role. He'll want a strong two way line Mangi - Backs - Coleman or similar and he'll give them top6 minutes.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Read again what I wrote. Make-up of that line is what worked with JG - Lindholm - Tkachuk.

Calling Kadri and Lindholm number one centres is a stretch.

I will be shocked if Sutter plays Backlund in a 3C role. He'll want a strong two way line Mangi - Backs - Coleman or similar and he'll give them top6 minutes.

The issue is that it is a weaker version of the JG-Lindholm-Tkachuk line and even with that line we didn't have much success.

We should look to move away from what didn't work in the past not try to recreate a lesser version of it.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Chrysalis99

Fredo Fatquilini SUCKS
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2021
Danbury Trashers
Wow, never in a million years did I expect this. I’m sure most Flames fans didn’t either. Helluva signing for Calgary. They’re built to win now, they better. Kari’s best years are now. He blends in nicely with the rest of the lineup. Likely going to make the Flames forget about Johnny hockey real quick, if they haven’t already.

Reactions: Fig

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Great job by Treliving in landing and signing both Huberdeau and Kadri. I think you guys are a better team now than when you had Gaudreau and that mouth protector chewing cry baby. As far as Monahan goes, it won't make a difference for you guys or us. It was a cap dump to make room for Kadri. After 2 hip surgeries I don't expect much from the poor guy.

One thing for sure though, you guys will be very competitive and hopefully we will tank. Best of both worlds lol. Good luck Flames!

Reactions: Fig and BRobMint

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
7 x 7 to a typical 2nd line center with an outlier season on a contract year. Bonus: He's late 31!

I give it half a year until people say things like "hindsight is 20/20".

• Love
Reactions: super6646

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad