Confirmed with Link: Nazem Kadri signs with the Flames (7 years, $7M AAV)

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Brad buying at a high price?
1660841099704.jpeg

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
From one of the best lines in hockey, to losing two key members of that line but only to replace them later that offseason with studs, which will likely form one of the best lines in hockey.

God damn Flames fans, have a beer, y'all deserve it.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
So why did he refuse to play here 2 years ago?
If I recall he wanted to resign in Toronto but didn't realize that that wasn't going to happen, that's why he said no to us it wasn't because he didn't want to play here he even said it at the time, it's just that he wanted to resign in Toronto. Something to that effect.

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
What the flaming wowza!!??

Yahoo!!!

Less than 7 AAV plz I don't care 7 years or not.

• Haha
Reactions: VaporTrail

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Fine I’ll be the one to say it, Calgary is now a better team this year than they were last season.

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Toffoli
Mangiapane-Kadri-Dube
Pelletier-Backlund-Coleman
Lucic-Rooney/Ruzicka-Lewis

Hanifin-Andersson
Weegar-Tanev
Kylington-Zadorov

That forward group slots so much better with an offensive 2C, and we now have a top 3 blue line in the whole league with or without Sutter. If Coronato signs after his NCAA season this year, watch out.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
So why did he refuse to play here 2 years ago?

He had a newborn at the time and literally thought if he vetoed it, he'd get to stay in Toronto as management would likely have a heck of a time consummating a deal. Calgary was on the NTC list so they had to honor it. Toronto looked for a team that wasn't on his NTC list and finished off a deal to move him without needing to consult him again. He was traded to the Avs because the Avs weren't on it.
It wasn't a Calgary specific thing.

He was pissed to hear he had been traded to the Avs at the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad