Confirmed with Link: Nazem Kadri signs with the Flames (7 years, $7M AAV)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Out:

Gio
Brodie
Bennett
Gaudreau
Tkachuk
Monahan

In:

Tanev
Toffoli
Huberdeau
Weegar
Kadri

Some huge changes here. But this was a huge off-season for the Flames. The main thing I don’t like is we got a lot older this off-season. But, this is going to be an elite team for 2-3 seasons.

Reactions: Janks

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Huberdeau-Kadri-Toffoli
Pelletier-Lindholm-Mangiapane
Dube-Backlund-Coleman
Lucic-Lewis-Ruzicka

Weegar-Tanev
Hanifin-Andersson
Kylington-Zadorov

Looks like a very solid team with Markstrom in net and Coronato, Zary, Valimaki, and Wolf on the way to shore up each position.
Am I close with this lineup, Flames fans?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
hey flames fans

correct this if it's wrong but i'm seeing this as your adds/subtractions (?) in regards to Gaudreau/Tkachuk/Monahan

- Gaudreau
- Tkachuk
- Monahan
- 2025 4th (CGY, Conditional)
- 2023(?) 1st (CGY)

+ Huberdeau
+ Weegar
+ Kadri
+ Schwindt (2019 3rd F)
+ 2025 1st (FLA, Conditional)

-------

Edit: Just saw @Johnny Hoxville 's post, cool timing!

Unless i'm missing things, is it safe to say brad did alright mitigating the damage? Also, I for one think the kadri move is a bit $$$, but has potential to be really good. kadri brings a nice element of pissant that could do you good. and most of his 87 points this season were assists, more than half of which were primary

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Out:

Gio
Brodie
Bennett
Gaudreau
Tkachuk
Monahan

In:

Tanev
Toffoli
Huberdeau
Weegar
Kadri

Some huge changes here. But this was a huge off-season for the Flames. The main thing I don’t like is we got a lot older this off-season. But, this is going to be an elite team for 2-3 seasons.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say on paper we'll be solidly in the top 10 of teams league wide and a lock for top 3 in Pacific.

Treliving has pulled off a masterclass. If he pulls off Trotz to org as Sutter's successor + Korn... I'm fricken dead.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Friedman says Monahan to Montreal.
Kadri 7 x 7 as others have said.

I wish Monahan the best. Loved him here. My last 3 jerseys I bought were Monahan, Gaudreau and Tkachuk.
Guess I'd better get a Huberdeau. He ain't going nowhere. What an offseason.

I have 13, 23 and 68. Another jersey wise... I might have to watch this group play before I decide.

Sutter has no issues juggling things around, but it's a good basis pre-training camp. IMO, top 9 is easily all interchangeable until we see real chemistries play out, but your project seems to look up with theoretical playstyle synergies.

hey flames fans

correct this if it's wrong but i'm seeing this as your adds/subtractions (?) in regards to Gaudreau/Tkachuk/Monahan

- Gaudreau
- Tkachuk
- Monahan
- 2025 4th (CGY, Conditional)
- 2023(?) 1st (CGY)

+ Huberdeau
+ Weegar
+ Kadri
+ Schwindt (2019 3rd F)
+ 2025 1st (FLA, Conditional)

-------

Edit: Just saw @Johnny Hoxville 's post, cool timing!

Unless i'm missing things, is it safe to say brad did alright mitigating the damage? Also, I for one think the kadri move is a bit $$$, but has potential to be really good. kadri brings a nice element of pissant that could do you good. and most of his 87 points this season were assists, more than half of which were primary

Good is an understatement. We were expecting 5-10 years of crap hockey. Now, it might seem reasonable to think we cannot continue retooling in 5 years.

He was staring down the barrel of an impossible situation and still hit the target convincingly more than once. Wow.

Kinda shocking actually. Best depth for a while. Curious if they try Linds back at wing Hube and Kadri though. :laugh:

5v5, not likely. Sutter loves rolling lines that even the 4th can hold their own vs opposition first.

On the PP or PK though, absolutely stacking like this could give opposition fits.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Sutter has no issues juggling things around, but it's a good basis pre-training camp. IMO, top 9 is easily all interchangeable until we see real chemistries play out, but your project seems to look up with theoretical playstyle synergies.

Good is an understatement. We were expecting 5-10 years of crap hockey. Now, it might seem reasonable to think we cannot continue retooling in 5 years.

He was staring down the barrel of an impossible situation and still hit the target convincingly more than once. Wow.
happy for y'all - there's no one on your team i really dislike and love that you gave coleman a home. gluck this season!

Reactions: Fig

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
The first better not be 2023 or 2024. Panthers pick from Tkachuk trade is what I'm hoping.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
What an off season you guys have had!

Good time to be a Flames fan.

Edit: sorry for the double post, I'm a Blues fan, what do you expect lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Fig

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Pretty off, for a few reasons

- Kadri is a line driver, putting him with Huberdeau just weakens ever other line
- Toffoli is slow like Huberdeau, putting him with Huberdeau just weakens the balance of your top scoring line
- Kylington - Tanev were a top pair in the league last year, only an idiot would separate them
- Ruzicka has never played wing
- Weegar's skillset complements Andersson, Hanifin or Zadorov better than it complements Tanev anyways.

I can't see the future but this is what I would expect:

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Phillips
Pelletier-Kadri-Toffoli
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman
Dube-Ruzicka-Lewis or Lucic - Ruzicka - Dube

Kylington-Tanev
Zadorov-Weegar or Weegar-Andersson
Hanifin-Andersson or Zadorov-Hanifin

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Given how much has changed, it's hard to say with absolute certainty what the lines are going to be. But the following framework seems highly probable with the right wingers being interchangeable:

Huberdeau-Lindholm-XXX
Mangiapane-Kadri-XXX
XXX-Backlund-XXX
Lucic-Rooney-Lewis

Lots of question marks after that. Coleman and Toffoli will slot in somewhere in the top nine depending on fit and chemistry. Most likely they put Coleman with Backlund but that's a mistake; the top line needs someone to win board battles. Then again they also need a puck carrier so who knows.

Pelletier should make the team but it's no guarantee. Dube still has the whole WJC incident hanging over his head. Then there's always the possibility someone from farm like Phillips surprises in a big way. The fourth line is godawful but Sutter is too much of a Sutter to not do that.

The defense is a complete wildcard. Simplest thing would be to leave as pairings as is from last year and just replace Gudbranson with Weegar. And we might just see that to start the season especially since Sutter likes having a left shot and right shot paired together as much as possible.

Reactions: MM917

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
The sweetener for Monahan offload may end up being Florida's first round pick. Leaving them still with their own that year. Just great asset moving really.

Take Huburdeau, Weegar and a first for Chucky,

Use the first to offload salary.

Use salary to sign Kadri.

Turned an RFA Tkachyk with no intentions of resigning (publicly), into

Huburdeau - resigned for 8 years
Kadri - signed for 7 years
Weegar - yet to be determined.

Absolutely next level shit.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
I hope they signed it in different room, with a different pen, in a different font than every other free agent that Brad has signed, that guys got the kabookie and bit (Markstrom excluded)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad