Confirmed with Link: Nazem Kadri signs with the Flames (7 years, $7M AAV)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Was it 7 years? Because I heard that was an AAV offered, but never saw the second part.
I thought it was $8.6M x 6 which of course works out to $51.6M... $2.6M than what the Flames offered.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I thought it was $8.6M x 6 which of course works out to $51.6M... $2.6M than what the Flames offered.
The point is he didn't want to sign with a bottom feeder team , jeezuz you guys are so busy quibbling over the meaningless part of the post you can't grasp the basic truth .

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The point is he didn't want to sign with a bottom feeder team , jeezuz you guys are so busy quibbling over the meaningless part of the post you can't grasp the basic truth .
Okaaaaay.... :phew:

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
To the bolded point:

Of course there's more to it than possession, but the gap between Weegar and Gudbranson is certifiably massive. Also note he can easily be billed as better at defence than offence with a massive impact on transition defence. At bare minimum he was the #2 d-men capable of putting up solid point totals without significant PP TOI. At best he was a psuedy 1/2 that seamlessly took over with Ekblad out. All with sterling possession metrics over the past 3 years.

I think it's apparent the difference between Weegar and Gudbranson is massive. Now does that make up the difference between Kadri and Huberdeau vs. Tkachuk and Gaudreau? Who knows. The Flames are certainly a deeper team at centre and at D (significantly deeper on both fronts) with somewhat depleted winger depth. With one more winger on the team I think people should be hard-presed to say the Flames are a worse team. But as it stands, I think it's close.

I find most of those stats to be meaningless but I do realize many people are dazzled by them.

I think Weeagar is definitely an upgrade over Gudbranson, although Gudbranson was a pleasant surprise for me last season, I am not just sure he is at the level that many of the analytics folks are trying to make him out to be.

He is a good addition for sure and happy to add him to the defense I just don't expect him to be close to the level of the players those sites/people list him with based on how he played in Florida.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
6 games into year 2: 1 assist, 0 goals, -8. I'll say this as somehow who hated this contract from day 1, I did not see it turning THIS SOUR so soon. I would've thought it was year 4 or so before things really fell off the wheels, but nevertheless. Early days, but even if he has a decent season how many more times is he going to beat the aging curve that hits players?

Nice retirement contract Brad. If this was a merit league, Brad would never have a job after his last season in Calgary.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
And, as posted before, Kadri allows the Flames to play Backlund on the 3rd line. I am a Backs fan and the team is stronger with him at 3C verses 2C.
You could always play Backlund on the 3rd line if you dont care/need your second line to be functional

That’s quite a reach to justify this generational blunder

He’s incredible. I love everything about his game. Defensively he’s been awesome, his speed is so evident based on his goal that will be shown all season. He’s a jerk to play against, he’s a fantastic passer and can score. Most importantly, he’s given us 2 top lines.
Wonder if you are still around Johnny?

I missed your gems like this :)

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Not ready to give up on Kadri. He's about to pop off. He's leading the team, or top 2 on the team in Shots/60, IcF/60, iSCF/60. I know he's -8 but he's not getting caved in defensively. He was -4 last night, on a rough night by Vladar.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Not ready to give up on Kadri. He's about to pop off. He's leading the team, or top 2 on the team in Shots/60, IcF/60, iSCF/60. I know he's -8 but he's not getting caved in defensively. He was -4 last night, on a rough night by Vladar.
5 on 5
Leads all forwards on the team in scoring chances against
Leads all forwards on the team in high danger chances against
Last of all forwards on the team in xGF%
Last of all forwards in SCF%
Last of all forwards in HDCF%
Last of all forwards in SF%
Leads the team in offensive zone start % (80%)

He's getting caved in defensively.

Reactions: deleted user

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He’s getting bought out. Won’t be next summer but there’s no chance he lasts the full 7 years here

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
5 on 5
Leads all forwards on the team in scoring chances against
Leads all forwards on the team in high danger chances against
Last of all forwards on the team in xGF%
Last of all forwards in SCF%
Last of all forwards in HDCF%
Last of all forwards in SF%
Leads the team in offensive zone start % (80%)

He's getting caved in defensively.
Come on. Relative to his teammates, where he has the highest deployment of any forward other than Lindholm, whom is also bottom 5 for on ice counting stats in those categories. Are you going to tell me Walker Dueher is the best defensive forward on the team because he has the lowest scoring chances against? Look at Dennis Gilbert, the sheltered 3rd pairing D-man! barely any SCA relative to the rest of the D-corps. Offensive zone starts are irrelevant.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00