Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick - pt.2

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The 27 goals season. Because that's the one season he actually broke the 40point mark. Even if you want to prorate his 19 goal, 11 assist season he would fall short of 40 points. So yeah, one season wonder as it stands.

Craig Smith was never 'who is that guy again' if you ever watched the Preds play. Even if you haven't, to look at his stats and say 'who is that guy' and still think we landed a gem in Anderson is really looking at things through Habs colored glasses.

Man i'm really liking my Habs colored glasses. I ought to look through them more often. :naughty:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
It’s a bit early to be getting to excited but I’m really happy to see the additions working out for bergevin . Always seemed like whatever he did since trading subban he got flak . Sure there were some mistakes (alzner) but he deserves some credit . From building a deep fast team , building one of the top prospect pools , gathering up picks like he’s stealing them . Today is looking good and the future even brighter .

Reactions: HabsAddict

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Josh Anderson was never worth only a 2nd round pick, a 2nd round pick + late pick. Despite the fact pretty much 75% of the board thought he was closer to the oft injured 1 goal guy.

Despite his plagued season, CBJ fans realized the talent and they didnt really want to move him. He asked for it... What can you do? They got a half decent return.

Domi hasn't been very impressive thus far, but has shown a few flashes. If he settles into a 45 point forward, they did OK. Obviously he isn't the 70 point guy he was years ago. Don't blame Jarmo... although its become a rather disturbing trend for a decade of players demanding to leave a team when they are team controlled.

Reactions: Dumais

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Man i'm really liking my Habs colored glasses. I ought to look through them more often. :naughty:
I'm not above eating crow when it's warranted. But keep in mind we're playing the punching bags of the NHL, if he manages to keep this up when things go back to normal, I'll tag you myself and admit I was wrong ;-)

Reactions: montreal

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Okay, I’m a Hab fan, and I’m willing to admit I was completely wrong on Anderson. I hated this trade the day it happened. I really liked Domi. I thought Jacket fans were blowing smoke with this guy. But holy crap, He’s a beast.
Let’s hope he stays healthy . His speed creates a lot of pressure on defenseman forcing turnovers . Looks really good early on .

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I didn’t think Domi was super valuable but I did think the move favored Columbus. Obviously the two teams are in very different systems/situations, but I’ve been very impressed and surprised by Anderson. Looks reborn and very good.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
I always liked the trade and 5.5m is completely fair. But 7 years?? Idk about that. 5 or 6 years would have been better.

Im just trying to imagine if this guy had Drouin's hands/playmaking ability. He'd be an absolute monster.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Many people seem to be forgetting that the Jackets need goal scorers. And they still traded Josh Anderson.

I am also a big Josh Anderson fan (I’ve also watched his entire career in Columbus, as a resident of the city)... but he has topped 30 points once and folks are saying the Habs haven’t had a guy like him for 40 years. What kind of player do you guys think you’re getting here? lol.

On pace for 65 points. Ik its a small sample size but your comment won't age well.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Josh Anderson was never worth only a 2nd round pick, a 2nd round pick + late pick. Despite the fact pretty much 75% of the board thought he was closer to the oft injured 1 goal guy.

Despite his plagued season, CBJ fans realized the talent and they didnt really want to move him. He asked for it... What can you do? They got a half decent return.

Domi hasn't been very impressive thus far, but has shown a few flashes. If he settles into a 45 point forward, they did OK. Obviously he isn't the 70 point guy he was years ago. Don't blame Jarmo... although its become a rather disturbing trend for a decade of players demanding to leave a team when they are team controlled.

Anderson didn't ask for a trade last year. He just insisted on a seven year deal, Jarmo said no, and Bergevin said yes. They wanted to keep him, Jarmo came really close to meeting his ask (at least a $5m x 5, maybe more), just couldn't go all the way. And that might be the right call in the long run. Obviously Josh is worth every penny right now, but he probably won't be in years 5-7.

Domi is looking like he might have to be moved again, not a fit at all so far. That's a mistake by Jarmo if Domi can't do better than this. But we really don't know what else he could have gotten. It was a situation where you had to move Anderson for something if you couldn't sign him.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
He’s had some pretty big losses too. Sergachev for Drouin was terrible.
This year drouin seems to have the head start . I’m not saying yet that it changes the winner of that trade but if sergachev stagnates at all and drouin puts it together, that trade will be much closer to even than how it has been ruled to now .

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
It’s a bit early to be getting to excited but I’m really happy to see the additions working out for bergevin . Always seemed like whatever he did since trading subban he got flak . Sure there were some mistakes (alzner) but he deserves some credit . From building a deep fast team , building one of the top prospect pools , gathering up picks like he’s stealing them . Today is looking good and the future even brighter .

It wasn't just Alzner. That summer he let Radulov walk, he alienated Markov, he let Emelin walk, and he traded Sergachev for Drouin. The team went from 103 points and 1st in their division to out of the playoffs. That summer was a tremendous setback for the team.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Give Domi a chance. He's the kind of players who needs loud fans in the seats and a scrappy player at his side to be at his best. Columbus can provide him with both.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Don't miss Domi one little bit and love Josh to death why did columbus trade him away what were they thinking this guy is going to score 30 to 40 plus everything else he brings on the table.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Don't miss Domi one little bit and love Josh to death why did columbus trade him away what were they thinking this guy is going to score 30 to 40 plus everything else he brings on the table.

Becasue 7 years.....

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
7 years was too long but our window is now and over the next 4 or 5 years.

yep exactly, 3-5 years depending on Weber and Petry’s evolution. That being said, I would love Habs fans stop worrying about what will happen in 7 years from now. I mean, a lot of things will change during this period. The league might have to change his way to do things after the pandemic. So a lot of moving parts. Let’s think about this window and hope we go get a cup or at least a SCF during these 3 to 5 years.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
It’s still VERY early. Particularly for Anderson.

Besides an injury he has it all great hands,speed,size he's what we've been looking for for a long time and the beauty of it he's a habs for all his prime he will be 33 at the end of his contract so easily the best trade and sign by Bergevin so far yes everyone talks about his injuries well noone can control that anyone can get injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad