Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick - pt.2

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Many people seem to be forgetting that the Jackets need goal scorers. And they still traded Josh Anderson.

I am also a big Josh Anderson fan (I’ve also watched his entire career in Columbus, as a resident of the city)... but he has topped 30 points once and folks are saying the Habs haven’t had a guy like him for 40 years. What kind of player do you guys think you’re getting here? lol.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I don’t mind the deal for MTL although the pick feels like a bit of overkill, but 7 years to a PF is very risky. That could look bad sooner rather than later.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
In the not good trade category, I will add Shaw for 2 X 2nd picks. One those picks turned to Debrincat... ouch!!! But loosing 2 trades over a couple of dozens is a pretty good average. MB is good at it. Better than Free Agents signing...
interesting you leave out the trade where a washed up Shaw was traded back to the Hawks for a second and a third. Outright steal.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
this is gonna turn out to be a bad trade for Montreal imo. you know what you have in domi, solid 2 or 3c that can score goals and not hurt his team too much defensively. anderson is unproven and has had injury problems... while also lacking the upside of a guy like domi. I just don't get bergevin's train of thought on this

Yes you're riight, I knew what we had with Domi, that's why I'm good with him being gone.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Do you see Anderson playing with them? Habs keep the Tatar/Danault/Gallagher line together, Koktaniemi centering the third line?
I do - that should be an obvious line to construct. It then results in the Finn line of:

Lehkonen-KK-Armia

as the 3rd line.

???-Poehling-Byron on the 4th

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Many people seem to be forgetting that the Jackets need goal scorers. And they still traded Josh Anderson.

I am also a big Josh Anderson fan (I’ve also watched his entire career in Columbus, as a resident of the city)... but he has topped 30 points once and folks are saying the Habs haven’t had a guy like him for 40 years. What kind of player do you guys think you’re getting here? lol.

Lol
A power forward? The Habs haven't had one in a long time.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He's been injured 2 of 4 seasons he's played. One of them was a lingering injury from the playoffs the year before.
Which sounds a lot like how Ryan Murray's career started.

This may just be a one time thing and he could have a special career ahead of him. Or he could only a 20-40 pt player. Time will tell.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
this is gonna turn out to be a bad trade for Montreal imo. you know what you have in domi, solid 2 or 3c that can score goals and not hurt his team too much defensively. anderson is unproven and has had injury problems... while also lacking the upside of a guy like domi. I just don't get bergevin's train of thought on this
I'm a Habs fan and I agree with you completely

Jul 6, 2016
In the not good trade category, I will add Shaw for 2 X 2nd picks. One those picks turned to Debrincat... ouch!!! But loosing 2 trades over a couple of dozens is a pretty good average. MB is good at it. Better than Free Agents signing...

Very few (none) top UFA players want to sign for MTL. Like very few want to sign for any Canadian based team except Toronto and maybe Vancouver.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
In one thread, Domi is worth a second rounder and now that he's traded, he's a 50-70 point guy that was given away for what amounts to a one arm cripple.

As a Hab fan longer then before 80% in here were born, I'm fine with the trade. He reminds me of a young Leclair who would domimate a game with size and speed. Once he got paired with Lindros, he became a monster.

Unlike the vast expert opinion freely given and equally freely ignored, i'll wait until i actually see him playing with Suzuki to actually form an opinion. With Suzukis vision and Anderson power forward credentials.... we'll see who is right.
So you expect Suzuki to grow 5 inches and 40 pounds of muscle over the off season?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

He's no Kasperi Kapanen that's for sure.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I do - that should be an obvious line to construct. It then results in the Finn line of:

Lehkonen-KK-Armia

as the 3rd line.

???-Poehling-Byron on the 4th
Evans probably centers the 4th line. Poehling potentially could play wing on that line, but he needs to show something in training camp for that to happen.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Evans probably centers the 4th line. Poehling potentially could play wing on that line, but he needs to show something in training camp for that to happen.

I can see a line of Poehling-Evans-Byron in a defensive role.

Tatar-Danault-Gally
Drouin-Suzuki-J. Anderson
Lehkonen-KK-Armia
Poehling-Evans-Byron

Ideally, i would like to see the Habs sign Duclair to a 1 year 3M contract. Push Poehling back to the AHL for another year of seasoning and Lehkonen with Evans and Byron.

Jul 6, 2016
Well it's either that crap or the crap I read on the Habs forum.

You better read GM's , coaches and players (teamates) who played with Anderson. You will see he is a special player, something Habs don't have since ages.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Common sense. They improved in a position they were weak at.
Ya i know it's a hard concept to understand.
you're acting like anderson is some grizzled proven vet or a sure fire kid about to enter his prime. all I see is one ok season and some injury problems. I don't mind people being up on their guys, but come on... your argument is a tad a delusional

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
And the Habs as a team improved with the deal. That's all that really matters.

What has changed since August 28th?

Because, on that day, you said that trading Domi for Anderson and a defenseman does nothing for Montreal.

upload_2020-10-11_12-45-52.png

You didn't even get a defenseman, so how are the Habs an improved team with a deal that does nothing for them?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Habs have tried to sign, trade for our draft a Josh Anderson for 2 decades.

UFAs don’t want to come to Montreal so there’s a premium paid to get anyone to stay - the reverse hometown discount

Teams rarely trade PFs unless there’s some question marks, 100% there are ? marks with Anderson, he’s not available if he’s a healthy 30 goal PF

Our crack team of scouts can’t draft forwards, they suck a bit all around but are dreadful when it comes to forwards, we have wasted picks on the likes of McCarron and Connor Crisp trying to find a Josh Anderson

Even though we are Top 3 in revenue our tight owner/GM has been spending nowhere close to the cap, believe we had $8MM under last year.

Majority of players are taking cheap 2 year deals for Covid but they’re all banking on it bouncing back, I’m sure Anderson is cheaper on a 2 year deal but you pay a premium for 5 UFA years past that. Matt Zuccarella makes $6MM/year, I take Josh Anderson all day every day over Zuc

So does this fan give a flying f*** we are paying Anderson $5.5MM/7 years, or that we traded a solid but grumpy undersized player and a 3rd rounder we would’ve either missed on our turned into a 4th and 6th rounder in 2024 and missed on both of those as well? f*** no.

Now MB find a PMD and a LW sniper and I’ll give you 2 thumbs up for the first time since you were hired.

Reactions: Habernack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad