Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick - pt.2

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
He's no Kasperi Kapanen that's for sure.
No he's not. In fact he's a completely different person. But they both have in common that they play stickpuck in the NHL.

What were you wanting to say about Anderson, and the none too topical Kapanen?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I can see a line of Poehling-Evans-Byron in a defensive role.

Tatar-Danault-Gally
Drouin-Suzuki-J. Anderson
Lehkonen-KK-Armia
Poehling-Evans-Byron

Ideally, i would like to see the Habs sign Duclair to a 1 year 3M contract. Push Poehling back to the AHL for another year of seasoning and Lehkonen with Evans and Byron.
I’ve been thinking something similar . If the COVID crises pushes some dollar values down I’m thinking a one year 4 million dollar deal to Granlund . He’s a fin whose had 2 70 point pace seasons and one of 65 . He’s only 28 and coming off a down year . Granlund provides more finish than lekkonen on the third line and gives a great fourth checking line .
Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Armia kk Granlund
Lekkon Evans Byron

Armia and Granlund can play their off wings or there own .

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I’ve been thinking something similar . If the COVID crises pushes some dollar values down I’m thinking a one year 4 million dollar deal to Granlund . He’s a fin whose had 2 70 point pace seasons and one of 65 . He’s only 28 and coming off a down year . Granlund provides more finish than lekkonen on the third line and gives a great fourth checking line .
Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Armia kk Granlund
Lekkon Evans Byron

That would be an interesting Finn line as well.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Armia kk Granlund
Lekkon Evans Byron

I don't see Grunland signing a one year or a sub 5 million multi year contract.

Too many contracts are comming up next season. I wouldn't mind Granlund being part of that mix of who os a " must have" signing but that means that Tatar or Danault is gone.

I doubt we will see a slew of sub 4 million signings next year. Maybe Tatar takes a serious home paycut...but Danault is already sending out "i want to be paid as a 2C" smoke signals.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Too many contracts are comming up next season. I wouldn't mind Granlund being part of that mix of who os a " must have" signing but that means that Tatar or Danault is gone.

I doubt we will see a slew of sub 4 million signings next year. Maybe Tatar takes a serious home paycut...but Danault is already sending out "i want to be paid as a 2C" smoke signals.

Granlund is coming of a down year and didn't look good since being traded to Nashville 1.5 seasons and is only 28. He is a prime candidate for a 1 year prove it deal.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Granlund is coming of a down year and didn't look good since being traded to Nashville 1.5 seasons and is only 28. He is a prime candidate for a 1 year prove it deal.
I know he would eat up the rest of our cap . This would make Granlund Tatar Danault Gallagher lekkonen armia Kotkaniemi weal and mete are all in contract year so you’ll know they’ll all be wanting to produce . Let them earn there new contracts

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

I know a lot of contracts are up next year but it’s only a one year show me deal . Maybe he won’t get what he’s looking for .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Another couple benefits of Granlund to consider...
Just like Duclair there is no giving up of futures which is important. The solid young nucleus of Suzuki kk Romanov norlinder primeau caufield should be added to , not taken away .
Also having a lot of guys on one year deals creates competition for future employment . Tatar vs Granlund , Danault vs himself since he wants to be a point producer , armia and lekkonen need to increase production as well , kk wants to make more money to I’m sure .

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
What has changed since August 28th?

Because, on that day, you said that trading Domi for Anderson and a defenseman does nothing for Montreal.

View attachment 372168

You didn't even get a defenseman, so how are the Habs an improved team with a deal that does nothing for them?
Opinions can change can they not.
I mean everyone's opinion has changed on Domi since that same date.
You do recall what people were saying about Domi back then .
Opinions on him have sure changed since than also.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Anderson is a younger, more expensive, more injured, less proven than Craig Smith who Boston just signed to an amazing deal. Stop calling him a Power Forward, he hasn't proven he can be one outside his 1 season.

He's a 3rd line bruiser that can be a decent 2nd liner if he goes back to his best season form. If not, he becomes another overpaid plug in Montreal. To justify his contract, he needs to surpass his best season and become a consistent 50-60 point guy.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Anderson is a younger, more expensive, more injured, less proven than Craig Smith who Boston just signed to an amazing deal. Stop calling him a Power Forward, he hasn't proven he can be one outside his 1 season.

He's a 3rd line bruiser that can be a decent 2nd liner if he goes back to his best season form. If not, he becomes another overpaid plug in Montreal. To justify his contract, he needs to surpass his best season and become a consistent 50-60 point guy.

You say outside of one season?
Which season was that.?
The one he scored 27 goals in 82 games
or
the one he scored 19 goals in 63 games.

Last edited:

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
I'm a Habs fan and I agree with you completely

Domi was the Destructor of plays all year long, what games were you looking at?

Juste remembering the PPs during the playoffs against Philly when he tried to be Mr. Clutch and took all the shitty shots possible, my god GTFO DOMI

Reactions: HabsQC

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016

Woh woh woh, craig smith is a 'who is that guy again' type of player.

On the opposite, for years we've all been earring good stuff about Anderson from Colombus.

Reactions: bert

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
You say outside of one season?
Which season was that.?
The one he scored 27 goals in 82 games
or
the one he scored 19 goals in 63 games.

The 27 goals season. Because that's the one season he actually broke the 40point mark. Even if you want to prorate his 19 goal, 11 assist season he would fall short of 40 points. So yeah, one season wonder as it stands.

Woh woh woh, craig smith is a 'who is that guy again' type of player.

On the opposite, for years we've all been earring good stuff about Anderson from Colombus.
Craig Smith was never 'who is that guy again' if you ever watched the Preds play. Even if you haven't, to look at his stats and say 'who is that guy' and still think we landed a gem in Anderson is really looking at things through Habs colored glasses.

Reactions: thebus88

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
The 27 goals season. Because that's the one season he actually broke the 40point mark. Even if you want to prorate his 19 goal, 11 assist season he would fall short of 40 points. So yeah, one season wonder as it stands.

Craig Smith was never 'who is that guy again' if you ever watched the Preds play. Even if you haven't, to look at his stats and say 'who is that guy' and still think we landed a gem in Anderson is really looking at things through Habs colored glasses.

Well, I never heard or read much praises about praise Craig Smith by Preds fan..

Not saying Anderson is a messiah, far from it, and yes the contract cringes me me little, but at least the hockey community talked about him, praised is game when in shape.

Can't say that of Craig Smith oustide the Preds community. Nothing against him, I just don't hear of him often.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
This is the deal that could be the best one signed this off-season, or the worst.

Is he the 20+/20+ top 6 beast he was is 2018-19? or is he the 2017-18 / 2019-20 3rd line player. And has he fully healed from the injury and can/will it haunt him?

Hope it works out for Montreal.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
tenor.gif

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
have to admit I didnt think much of this. after that season he had with 1 goal in 28 games or whatever it is. Anderson shut all of us up.
looking really good for Montreal. hopefully he doesnt reinjure his shoulder again. always liked Anderson. sucks he's a hab but oh well. should be some good Habs/Leafs games going forward

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
have to admit I didnt think much of this. after that season he had with 1 goal in 28 games or whatever it is. Anderson shut all of us up.
looking really good for Montreal. hopefully he doesnt reinjure his shoulder again. always liked Anderson. sucks he's a hab but oh well. should be some good Habs/Leafs games going forward
There's clearly a reason most CBJ fans didn't want to trade him in those 23 or so threads...the issue is always, can he stay healthy...when he is, he's a dominant PF...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad