Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick - pt.2

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
Let's not forget, Bergevin has won most of his deals..

People were negative on most of them on day 1 too. Give it some time.

P.S. There's no way I'd have been happy with us signing Domi to same contract CBJ just did.

This trade might be good.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
If there are no long-term shoulder issues with Anderson then the Habs did well in this trade... "IF'

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Who was drafted with the 3rd rounder ? Also the trade was worth it just to find out they were golfing with each other at the time, that was priceless.

Thought he pick was for next yr...that changes everything.... 3 rd this year is always worth more than next yr.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Who was drafted with the 3rd rounder ? Also the trade was worth it just to find out they were golfing with each other at the time, that was priceless.
They face timed each other when they found out . They were both golfing but not on the same course

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Posted the below on the Domi signing but I guess I should add it here too..

I like the trade for both teams, Anderson will be a 40-50 point guy MAX, but very effective likely on a line with Drouin-Suzki. I expect he'll get a 4-5 year deal in the coming days for around that 5M range.

I liked the deal for the Jackets below this contact. IMO you could have had Domi for 5 years at 6M/6.5M. 25-30 age range is perfect. 2 years is the worse, if even if he just plays decent, a 50 point C, 27 years old UFA, will command top dollars, and he plays great, that figure goes even higher.

If the Jackets weren't sold on Domi, they just have played hard ball got a 1 year deal revisit next summer with a still RFA Domi.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Thought he pick was for next yr...that changes everything.... 3 rd this year is always worth more than next yr.
Can you tell that to our GM who deferred half our picks to next season...

If Habs only sign Anderson to a 2 year deal I’ll be pissed as he’s given 4-6 year deals to just about every mediocre player he could get his hands on

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Can you tell that to our GM who deferred half our picks to next season...

If Habs only sign Anderson to a 2 year deal I’ll be pissed as he’s given 4-6 year deals to just about every mediocre player he could get his hands on
Anderson wants long term. He most likely gets long term but at a reasonable cap hit.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Anderson wants long term. He most likely gets long term but at a reasonable cap hit.

If this happens I'll be so happy. I'm looking forward to watching the big bad habs for the next few years.

Weber, Petry, Chiarot, Edmunson, Romanov, Anderson, KK (bambi no more).

And in the future Fleury, Ghoul (i know i spelled it wrong), Tuch, and Poehling.

These are the type of players we need to insulate guys like Drouin and Caufield.

For the first time in I think my life the habs are big and like to crunch people.

Reactions: draft day

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Domi was terrific his first year as a Hab - new broom sweeps clean. But just seemed out of sorts last year - some claim that was the "real" Domi and I suppose that is possible. Don't like Domi for the playoffs simply because playoff hockey is different and don't think Domi can stand out. Was impressed with Anderson a couple of years ago. Don't follow CBJ closely so curious as to what happened to his game. Big and fast forward may fit in nicely with Montreal's centers. Interesting trade TBH.

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
He’s had some pretty big losses too. Sergachev for Drouin was terrible.
That's like one of the only losses and it's not even that big. It's also a bit early to tell for that one. Drouin isn't the best and I don't like him, but denying he is overall a fine player is dishonest.

The Subban trade, we destroyed them.
We won the Domi trade too.. Galchenyuk is nowhere now.
We destroyed them in acquiring Danault.
Suzuki deal was great..
A trade got us Romanov/Norlinder pick I believe?
We got shaw and flipped him back for more after years of service

Based on such a good trade track record, we should give it some time!

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That's like one of the only losses and it's not even that big. It's also a bit early to tell for that one. Drouin isn't the best and I don't like him, but denying he is overall a fine player is dishonest.

Suzuki deal was great..

If you're going to call those other trades wins already then there is no question he got destroyed in the Sergachev trade.

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
If you're going to call those other trades wins already then there is no question he got destroyed in the Sergachev trade.
I called them a win because:

1) Subban has significantly depreciated since and is being tossed around
2) Galchenyuk has been tossed around nowhere and Domi had 1 great and 1 decent season
3) Tatar's production was best of his career and we got a future in Suzuki
4) Danault became one of the best 2-way centers in the league as per statistics over many years and he only costs us 3M.

Apart from Suzuki trade where we have to look further to see Suzuki's growth, we really already won. People also knew it wasn't working with Pacioretty in the locker.

In the case of Drouin and Sergachev, I still think we're losing right now but it's not that big a loss. There is still room for changes

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

Suzuki deal was great..

Romanov pick came from Danault trade.
Norlinder was picked after the pick that the Habs received in the Suzuki trade was flipped for a 3rd and 7th. So for arguments sake, it came from the Suzuki trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad