Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick - pt.2

horner

May 22, 2007
Give Domi a chance. He's the kind of players who needs loud fans in the seats and a scrappy player at his side to be at his best. Columbus can provide him with both.

Being a London knights lived watching Anderson grow into a beast.
I never thought he would have turned into the player he is today.
Really wanted the leafs to grab him .
Montreal has an amazing power forward.
A Beast

Domi and Laine fun to watch.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Give Domi a chance. He's the kind of players who needs loud fans in the seats and a scrappy player at his side to be at his best. Columbus can provide him with both.

The problem is we won't have a full house of fans back for many months to come, perhaps next season, and with the super cautious system Torts has shifted to in the last couple years the team plays very robotically and without much energy or scrappiness.

Don't miss Domi one little bit and love Josh to death why did columbus trade him away what were they thinking this guy is going to score 30 to 40 plus everything else he brings on the table.

They didn't want to trade Josh, and would have preferred him as a player, but he wanted a 7 year deal. Let us know in seven years if you still think it was worth it.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Im not a big fan of a bumped thread....because it can easily get bumped again in 2 or 3 years. With that being said...the very early returns have been fantastic for the Habs. Anderson fits our lineup so much better than Domi.

Domi is a fast, shifty, heart and soul kind of guy. Got lost in his last year with us, but certainly can be a 60+ point offensive minded centre again. Wish him the best.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Injuries are such a huge influence. To judge a player on their play while injured is ridiculous. Look at Zibanejad this year.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Don't miss Domi one little bit and love Josh to death why did columbus trade him away what were they thinking this guy is going to score 30 to 40 plus everything else he brings on the table.
Besides the 7 years bit, Columbus really has needed centers. Hopefully they got one that doesn't want to leave.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Early signs point to Domi being a poor fit in Columbus. He looks completely useless so far.

In a normal season - after a full camp and pre-season schedule - it’s common to see outliers. We’ve pretty much just counted the pre-season this year, so I wouldn’t be too high (Habs fans with Anderson shooting over 19%) or too low on any player just yet. Domi is likely still adjusting.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Early signs point to Domi being a poor fit in Columbus. He looks completely useless so far.
Almost as if what Habs fans were saying in the entirety of these threads was correct and we were not in fact undervaluing our player and overvaluing a new acquisition.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Almost as if what Habs fans were saying in the entirety of these threads was correct and we were not in fact undervaluing our player and overvaluing a new acquisition.

"Entirety of these threads"? When someone proposed Domi for Anderson it was Habs fans that said it was a preposterous suggestion, that Domi >> Anderson. @draft day still has a sore neck from the whiplash of changing his mind so quickly. You can go back to the first pages of the thread on the signing, on the Habs board. It was not charitable to Bergevin.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
"Entirety of these threads"? When someone proposed Domi for Anderson it was Habs fans that said it was a preposterous suggestion, that Domi >> Anderson. @draft day still has a sore neck from the whiplash of changing his mind so quickly. You can go back to the first pages of the thread on the signing, on the Habs board. It was not charitable to Bergevin.

Nailed it :laugh:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Not about who had more value. Every Habs fan said Domi would be an awful fit for Torts. In a vacuum, Anderson had less value than Domi. It's not really a secret. Bergy paid premium to get his guy. Of course fans were going to expect the + to be from Columbus' side.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Early signs point to this being the rare win-win trade for both teams.

I dont doubt he'll adjust and be that 2nd line centre (with lumps) that Columbus needs to support Texier. Nobody outside of Columbus could have anticipated PLD's departure, having Domi there makes it so that Columbus at least has options to overcome losing a 1C

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
"Entirety of these threads"? When someone proposed Domi for Anderson it was Habs fans that said it was a preposterous suggestion, that Domi >> Anderson.

The context I remember (I admit there were several threads) was that at the time Anderson was hurt and his full recovery was uncertain. In that situation, yes Domi > Anderson, but if I remember rightly the + was Murray who ended up being traded for a 5th.

I don't think Habs fans are the only ones that "change" their opinions as soon as a player is traded to their team either, but I agree it does look ridiculous

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

Habs fans are ridiculous that way and I say this as one of them. We eat our GM alive instantly for every trade, yet how many go back and look at the track record? Bergevin is pretty damn good at them.

This trade made sense for both teams for a variety of reasons. Let's give it more than 10 games, but I'm certain it would be a good fit for Montreal even accounting for inevitable injuries.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Both teams got what they needed, looking better for Montreal right now
Montreal has needed and been looking forward a player like Andersen for over 10 years, about time we were able to land one.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The context I remember (I admit there were several threads) was that at the time Anderson was hurt and his full recovery was uncertain. In that situation, yes Domi > Anderson, but if I remember rightly the + was Murray who ended up being traded for a 5th.

I don't think Habs fans are the only ones that "change" their opinions as soon as a player is traded to their team either, but I agree it does look ridiculous

Anderson was fully recovered. There was risk, and there still is, that he'll be frequently injured going forward given his playstyle.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I felt like the trade was a real gamble for the Habs to break even and I thought the extension was insanity. I thought the Habs fans lauding it were complete homers. I’ll admit I really misread this one! Good luck up in the MTL.
i still think the term of the extension is a gamble, who could turn bad. power forwards breaking down early and fast isn't too unusual and anderson already has a long history of injuries.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

just to prevent silly proposals: the devils don't trade murray away for a 5th.

healthy murray is easily a top4 d and currently the devils best overall d-man. hopefully he can stay healthy, get his rhythm and become even a better player for us.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
This trade was always going to be a win for the Habs because we haven’t had a good powerforward in so long. It was a huge need for us and Anderson has lived up to expectations so far.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Anderson was fully recovered. There was risk, and there still is, that he'll be frequently injured going forward given his playstyle.
Yes, he was fully recovered at the time of the trade, but what I'm saying is at the time of the majority of trade proposals he wasn't and his recovery was still unclear, which is why the plus was added. You're picking and choosing facts to strengthen your argument, while seemingly ignoring the context.

Sure there were multiple trade threads that had Domi for Anderson aspects, so some of them may have been after he recovered, but the majority weren't.

Last edited:

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Funny, this thread is no different than the one on the CBJ page...only the opposite. Habs fans, I wish you success with Andy but my God are you two faced. There were 30 (@Viqsi can pull them, I'm sure) Anderson trade threads prior to the deal. Many of them discussed the "perfect fit" between CBJ and MTL (Power Forward for 2C). Many suggested Anderson for Domi. Many were ridiculed and noted (paraphrasing) that Anderson sucks "He's a 1 g scorer" "1g in 26 games" "one season doesn't mean he's a 25-30 goal scorer" (and more). There was no chance he would get back a 2C and certainly there should be a "plus" attached if Domi for Anderson was to happen (The plus by CBJ).

Now? All hail Andy. Exactly what you needed, exactly what you expected, he's the stud we thought he was, Domi sucks and always has. He's not even a 4th liner. Can we just see where this goes? I know, it's HF and it's instant opinion and analysis and logic or patience has no place in here. However, things have a way of taking shape into reality over time. It may be a massive win for the Habs, it may be equal, CBJ may end up with the 2C they were looking for (of course now we still need a 1C). I've resigned myself (not re-signed by the way) to the instant input that HF will always have. I just really wanted to put this hear so I can go back later and see what came of this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad