More points this season Crosby vs Ovi

more points by the end of game 82

• Total voters

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I think 15-16 Ovechkin is still prime Ovechkin. This season too. Peak is different from prime. He had maybe three worse seasons than 15-16 on account of historical goal-scoring domination that season.
Yes he was still prime. But 71 points and outside both the top 10 in hart and scoring is nothing to write home about. He won the Richard yes

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Thanks to a slap shot to the face lol

56 points in 36 games
56 points in 48 games
Doesn’t take a brain surgeon to see Crosby was by far the better player. As everyone knows.
And once again you go off of something that we didn’t say, did we.

Did I say he was better than Crosby that season? No....you just have an impulsive tick about you that has you needing to bring that up because your sensitive. I’m going off of your whole idea that Ovechkin basically dropped off after 2010. Did he? Yes, but he bounced back with a Hart and Rocket season, both he deserved.

I’m sorry that you decided to leave out that season and then once again make it about Crosby when that wasn’t even part of your original post that we both are talking about.

Really on a role there.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
And once again you go off of something that we didn’t say, did we.

Did I say he was better than Crosby that season? No....you just have an impulsive tick about you that has you needing to bring that up because your sensitive. I’m going off of your whole idea that Ovechkin basically dropped off after 2010. Did he? Yes, but he bounced back with a Hart and Rocket season, both he deserved.

I’m sorry that you decided to leave out that season and then once again make it about Crosby when that wasn’t even part of your original post that we both are talking about.

Really on a role there.
You brought up his hart. Which I gave you the reason he won it.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Ok...why? Your seriously making zero sense in what your arguing. Your whole 2 goal comment was obviously a cute little back hander in attempt to belittle the fact that Ovechkin was better than Crosby last season because he scored TWENTY more and lead the league in goals.....

Their peaks aren’t really close. You have Crosby’s half season with 2 others riddled with injuries and Ovechkins ‘08-‘10 monster three years. It’s unfortunate but that’s the way it happened. You can give Crosby more cudos based on how you think he would have done, or we can go off of what happened.
lmao I thought I wasn't the only one who was lost

Reactions: GreatGonzo

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
No you are right being good in the faceoff circle and being voted 9th for the Selke isn't worth mentioning because it's not goals. Am I doing this right?

Actually his 200 foot game was really good as he led the team in CF% with 55.9%.

For reference Malkin was 53.2% and Kessel was 51.6 despite them getting better zone starts.
(Something to keep in mind for the offseason as Crosby is even better at driving the play this year for the Pens but no doubt you and tiny black rubber objects will bring up goals, goals and more goals)

Well you asked what Crosby did in the playoffs, are you suggesting Gunztel was driving the play?

At least Crosby was tied for scoring for the Pens in the playoffs, something Ovechkin didn't reach.

Now this is the first time I actually referred to Ovechkin's playoffs, your strawman aside.

I have no idea on the Gunztel- Ovechkin reference in this quote as it's not coherent at all what you are asking or even referring to.

I never referenced Ovechkin smythe last year, was simply replying to this quote of yours here

Once again when Ovechkin got bounced and layed well in the 3 years mentioned I would give him credit for it, no double standard, no idea on your rambling diatribe about Ovechkin and crosby in 09 there was nothing referenced there by me, you are simply making things up

Once again you clearly asked this,

If you thought Crosby's playoffs were great just say so because you clearly asked "what did he (Crosby) do" like you didn't know or something?

Once again find where i even said anything close to that? I'll help you once again becasue I never referenced Ovechkin playoffs in that replay, instead it all led back to your "what did Crosby do" comment.

I stand on the facts presented, instead you are making things up here that I clearly never said.

Crosby finished tied for 5th in playoff scoring despite playing in 2 rounds. That's a fact, right?

My judgements weren't made you made them up plain and simple but nice strawman there.

Players can still be great in the playoffs even if their teams advance, something I referenced with Ovechkin early on in his career.

Are you disputing that?

Usually your posts are pretty relevant, no idea on what you are doing with this post, maybe it's drinking time on the east coast?:partytime:
Your comparing a center to a winger smart guy, hence why your whole argument is nonsense. Wow 9th?! He was under a PPG and a negative player for nearly half the season, only to have a strong enough finish. He then had 0 first, second, or third place votes in the selke finals that year. Not just that, but he finished 17th in the Hart race. Ovechkin finished 9th, so wouldn’t you say Ovechkin was also more valuable as well?

Guenztel still had the same amount of points with one more goal in the same amount of games with more goals and points that series against the caps. I know why you left that out, I’m just helping you recognize that by your logic, he was also better than Ovechkin. Right?

Your saying Crosby’s playoffs were better because he did better in the first two rounds than Ovechkin did, while Ovechkin went on to win a cup and Smythe. That’s idiotic.

In the end Crosby got sent home to the golf course while Ovechkin lead his team to a cup while winning a Smythe. Your the one who is so blinded by your homerism that you actually think there is some sort of argument there.

I referenced ‘09 because once again it’s going off of your own logic. Crosby went on to win the cup, yet Ovechkin was the better player that year....would you disagree?

Players can be great, but your saying Crosby’s 2 rounds were better than Ovechkins entire post season. That Ovechkins Smythe And Rocket aren’t better than Crosby’s 2 more points and “elite” defensive game.....because apparently his defensive play was so stellar that his 9th place finish equals Ovechkins Smythe and Rocket....those are the facts that your trying to push.

I’m not from the East coast. Far from it. I find it funny that you have to create that out of thin air in order to make your point. You then follow it up with obnoxious emojis, Pretty much shows how weak your whole point is. I’ll tell you something though, I had a beer or two celebrating Ovechkins cup and Smythe, I wonder what hole Crosby was on when that was all happening.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I love how desperately people cling to the goals > assists arguments when it comes to Crosby vs. Ovechkin while completely ignoring that Ovechkin consistently plays with elite playmakers and Crosby doesn't even play with elite goal scorers. Crosby has been a better player than Ovechkin since the 2009-10 season, nearly a full decade ago.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Crosby was a better player in 10-11 (don’t try to argue it plz) 12-13, 13-14, 15-16, 16-17 and currently this season. Ovechkin was better in 09-10 14-15 and 17-18.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
I love how desperately people cling to the goals > assists arguments when it comes to Crosby vs. Ovechkin while completely ignoring that Ovechkin consistently plays with elite playmakers and Crosby doesn't even play with elite goal scorers. Crosby has been a better player than Ovechkin since the 2009-10 season, nearly a full decade ago.
Desperate? You alone would be the very first person to say Crosby was better than Ovechkin if Crosby went on to win a cup and Smythe, no matter how great Ovechkin did in the playoffs and the regular season.

Ovechkin: 82-49-38-87
-Rocket
-Smythe
-Cup

Crosby: 82-29-60-89

It’s actually more desperate to clinge to the whole “teammate” argument while ignoring that Crosby played with Kessel and Malkin on the PP that year, while finishing THIRD on his own team. It’s more desperate to actuallt believe that 20 more assists is better than 20 more goals. It’s more desperate to argue that Ovechkins Smythe and cup win take a back seat to Crosby’s 2 more points and monster first two rounds.

We get it. Crosby does no wrong, and you will go through great lengths to preserve his crown. But at some point your going to have to come back to reality.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Crosby was a better player in 10-11 (don’t try to argue it plz) 12-13, 13-14, 15-16, 16-17 and currently this season. Ovechkin was better in 09-10 14-15 and 17-18.
I never said otherwise about any season outside of this one. Your once again, in this panicky....sensitive state, arguing things that I never said....but you have to cry about.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Desperate? You alone would be the very first person to say Crosby was better than Ovechkin if Crosby went on to win a cup and Smythe, no matter how great Ovechkin did in the playoffs and the regular season.

Ovechkin: 82-49-38-87
-Rocket
-Smythe
-Cup

Crosby: 82-29-60-89

It’s actually more desperate to clinge to the whole “teammate” argument while ignoring that Crosby played with Kessel and Malkin on the PP that year, while finishing THIRD on his own team. It’s more desperate to actuallt believe that 20 more assists is better than 20 more goals. It’s more desperate to argue that Ovechkins Smythe and cup win take a back seat to Crosby’s 2 more points and monster first two rounds.

We get it. Crosby does no wrong, and you will go through great lengths to preserve his crown. But at some point your going to have to come back to reality.

I wasn't talking about you, and last season alone I would probably say Ovechkin was equal to him, but that's it since 2010.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
I wasn't talking about you, and last season alone I would probably say Ovechkin was equal to him, but that's it since 2010.
I don’t understand who else you would be referencing to. I’ve basiclalt been the only one stating that Ovechkins goal scoring and playoffs made him the better player last season.

Again, 2010 means nothing. Why you among others continue to bring up season 8-9 years ago to justify your points is beyond me.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
You seem like the type of fan that would collect his hair if given the chance.
Well I’m really not lol. Not at all actually. I just don’t like this goals>>>argument you guys spew. I can agree Ovechkin was better than Crosby last year. But this year it’s currently sid as I type this.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I don’t understand who else you would be referencing to. I’ve basiclalt been the only one stating that Ovechkins goal scoring and playoffs made him the better player last season.

Again, 2010 means nothing. Why you among others continue to bring up season 8-9 years ago to justify your points is beyond me.

Crosby had 21 points in 12 playoff games last season, more than any 12 game stretch of Ovechkin's career. Tough to say Ovechkin was the clear cut better player.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Crosby had 21 points 12 playoff games last season, more than any 12 game stretch of Ovechkin's career. Tough to say Ovechkin was the clear cut better player.
So then Guenztel was better than Ovechkin as well?

That’s weird....do you honestly believe many Crosby fans would use the same logic if Ovechkin had 21 points in 12 games while Crosby went on to win a cup and Smythe? Doubt it.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
How on earth did I? I said I can agree. And it’s mostly because of his smythe.
You clearly just said you don’t like the whole goals>>>assists we are “spewing”, yet that’s exactly the one aspect you have been arguing with me about that made Ovechkin better than Crosby last season, something that you just said you don’t mind admitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad