More points this season Crosby vs Ovi

more points by the end of game 82

• Total voters

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
The goal posts with Crosby seem to change every year. First he's saving himself for the playoffs and now he's apparently trying to win the prestigious Selke instead of the useless Art Ross and Hart.

Always? So Glendening is about to outscore Kucherov this year? I do think Crosby ends up with more points, but that's just silly.

Good for him. Doesn't mean you need to lie about Crosby killing penalties. He shouldn't because it'd be a waste when ****ty bottom 6ers can do it, but don't make **** up.

....but Crosby does PK..

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I don’t bother reading the context of his posts since it reeks blind homerism 80% of the time. I found his last sentence quite funny because there is actually one good answer and one bad answer in this “debate”, yet he accuses the people with the good answer of being homers and fully biased.

Yes I am such a homer. A caps/OV fan saying Crosby is the best playoff performer of this era, Crosby will end up an undisputed top 10 player, Crosby has been the most consistent player of the era, Crosby has been better than OV multiple seasons, pens are the biggest threat come playoffs, etc.. What a homer!

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
So basically you got offended by his last sentence and thought, doesn’t matter what he’s talking about, I’m going to call him out because I’m hurt.

Here’s the deal. I believe Ageless mentioned that Ovechkin hasn’t been in Art Ross contention in 9 years....9. While Crosby was just 2 seasons ago. Problem with that? He finished 4th in 2015 while being 6 points back from the leader, and 2015 wasn’t nine ago. He then acknowledged that Crosby was 11 and 21 points Behind first the last 2 times he was “in contention.” Yet he doesn’t acknowledge that being 6 points behind the leader is closer than 21 and 11. Basically implementing his bias definition of contention is, which is ridiculous. Ovechkin and Crosby were 3 points apart that year, both were in the hunt. Was Crosby more? Yes. That was never disputed.

No one argued Ovechkin being ahead of Crosby in 2015. No one argued that Ovechkin had more seasons as a scoring contender, or even that he had the most recent. Only that he was still within the scoring leader more ways than not in 2015 and that was his most recent.

This was explained, but you...among others are somewhat impulsive when it comes to anything Crosby, and feel the need to lash out first and ask questions later. I hope this is easily understandable, if not then I’m at a lost for you.

Mean gene has a problem with me because I give the facts of how Malkin isn't close to OV career wise.

Reactions: GreatGonzo

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Yes I am such a homer. A caps/OV fan saying Crosby is the best playoff performer of this era, Crosby will end up an undisputed top 10 player, Crosby has been the most consistent player of the era, Crosby has been better than OV multiple seasons, pens are the biggest threat come playoffs, etc.. What a homer!

- You’re implying that Crosby and Ovechkins RS careers are not close in favor to Ovechkin, which is simply not true.
- You’re implying that Ovechkin’s 3 peak seasons are not close at all to any of Crosby’s full seasons, which isn’t true.

That’s just in this thread. Your metrics to evaluate a player are also extremely biased towards Ovechkin. (Hart voting =/ best player)

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
So basically you got offended by his last sentence and thought, doesn’t matter what he’s talking about, I’m going to call him out because I’m hurt.

Here’s the deal. I believe Ageless mentioned that Ovechkin hasn’t been in Art Ross contention in 9 years....9. While Crosby was just 2 seasons ago. Problem with that? He finished 4th in 2015 while being 6 points back from the leader, and 2015 wasn’t nine ago. He then acknowledged that Crosby was 11 and 21 points Behind first the last 2 times he was “in contention.” Yet he doesn’t acknowledge that being 6 points behind the leader is closer than 21 and 11. Basically implementing his bias definition of contention is, which is ridiculous. Ovechkin and Crosby were 3 points apart that year, both were in the hunt. Was Crosby more? Yes. That was never disputed.

No one argued Ovechkin being ahead of Crosby in 2015. No one argued that Ovechkin had more seasons as a scoring contender, or even that he had the most recent. Only that he was still within the scoring leader more ways than not in 2015 and that was his most recent.

This was explained, but you...among others are somewhat impulsive when it comes to anything Crosby, and feel the need to lash out first and ask questions later. I hope this is easily understandable, if not then I’m at a lost for you.

False, the majority of Caps fans are. I don’t know why you still need to quote me for explanations. I already told you that I found his last sentence ironic given the content of his posts.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
False, the majority of Caps fans are. I don’t know why you still need to quote me for explanations. I already told you that I found his last sentence ironic given the content of his posts.
The majority of cap fans are what? Are saying otherwise? Nope. Not the case. You came into a debate late, got tickled by his comment and decided, without context, Ho add your two cents.....all inaccurate.

See, this is how lost you truly are within this thread. All that was pointed out, is that 2015 was the last time Ovechkin was within the scoring leader.....why would anyone say Ovechkin was ahead of Crosby in terms of stats? Maybe in play....but that wasn’t the argument regardless. Please back that up before making such false remarks.

Literally no one has said what your arguing. You just need to believe that to have a point. Your wrong this time around, accept your loss and move on. Maybe next time you will actually understand the topic.

Last edited:

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Pretty sure consensus was Ovi > Sid in 2015.
I never stated anything between the two that season, only that that was the last time Ovechkin was in the hunt for the scoring title. If you think Ovechkin was better that year, there’s an argument there....Same with Crosby. But I never made such an argument.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
- You’re implying that Crosby and Ovechkins RS careers are not close in favor to Ovechkin, which is simply not true.
- You’re implying that Ovechkin’s 3 peak seasons are not close at all to any of Crosby’s full seasons, which isn’t true.

That’s just in this thread. Your metrics to evaluate a player are also extremely biased towards Ovechkin. (Hart voting =/ best player)
Wait, what’s so wrong with thinking Ovechkin was better than Crosby in 2015? That was one of Crosby’s weakest years statistically. Ovechkin had 53 goals and was a Hart finalists. Not saying there isn’t a case for Crosby, but to simply say that he was the better player and there’s no debate is bias.

So Hart voting shouldn’t be counted. I’m guessing goals as well? Then what does count?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
According to hart voting yes. But Crosby fans will try to spin it. But of course then they will bring up Crosby finishing higher than OV in 15/16 and 16/17.

Ovechkin was better in '15, but I haven't seen anyone use Hart voting in '16 or especially '17 to show Crosby was better in those years. It's too obvious that he was it doesn't need debate. Especially '17

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
The majority of cap fans are what? Are saying otherwise? Nope. Not the case. You came into a debate late, got tickled by his comment and decided, without context, Ho add your two cents.....all inaccurate.

See, this is how lost you truly are within this thread. All that was pointed out, is that 2015 was the last time Ovechkin was within the scoring leader.....why would anyone say Ovechkin was ahead of Crosby? Please back that up before making such false remarks.

Literally no one has said what your arguing. You just need to believe that to have a point. Your wrong this time around, accept your loss and move on. Maybe next time you will actually understand the topic.

My goal wasn’t to come into this debate nor to argue anything... a debate that shouldn’t even exist anyways. I’m sorry if my reply really bothered you. My point was clear. You still cant understand it. There was also nothing wrong with it. You can move on and continue your anti-Crosby movement. :)

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
Wait, what’s so wrong with thinking Ovechkin was better than Crosby in 2015? That was one of Crosby’s weakest years statistically. Ovechkin had 53 goals and was a Hart finalists. Not saying there isn’t a case for Crosby, but to simply say that he was the better player and there’s no debate is bias.

So Hart voting shouldn’t be counted. I’m guessing goals as well? Then what does count?

Did you even read the post you just quoted. I’ve never talked about the 2015 season. This poster is notoriously known for overusing the Hart voting for determining who’s been better in a given season. Sure it can be used, but shouldn’t be used anymore than the Lindsey or the Ross.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
My goal wasn’t to come into this debate nor to argue anything... a debate that shouldn’t even exist anyways. I’m sorry if my reply really bothered you. My point was clear. You still cant understand it. There was also nothing wrong with it. You can move on and continue your anti-Crosby movement. :)
You argued something that wasn’t argued or even said in the first place. Just because you have a vendetta against another poster doesn’t mean you get to make up an argument in order to have one.

Anti-Crosby? Is that what you have to call it in order to feel better about your feelings for him? No one is anti-Crosby. If anything your pro Crosby agenda needs to be adjusted back to reality.
Did you even read the post you just quoted. I’ve never talked about the 2015 season. This poster is notoriously known for overusing the Hart voting for determining who’s been better in a given season. Sure it can be used, but shouldn’t be used anymore than the Lindsey or the Ross.
he was discussing the 2015 and Ovechkins last time being a contender for the Art Ross. He then mentioned how hypocritical it was to mention Crosby’s latest contentions as such, even though they were farther than first than Ovis. This was the first time you quoted him, where you decided to create an argument out of thin air because you just had to get even.

All you read was “this is why you can’t argue with Pen fans,” and got triggered hard.....making you just pounce on the chance to call him out over something he was right about. If you actually knew what he was discussing before, you wouldn’t have gotten so emotional. “HOW DARE YOU TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT CROSBY!?!”

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Ovechkin was better in '15, but I haven't seen anyone use Hart voting in '16 or especially '17 to show Crosby was better in those years. It's too obvious that he was it doesn't need debate. Especially '17
I think everyone can agree Crosby was better those years. Nothing wrong with that. He definitely doesn’t need to be EVERY year(2015), nor does he have a right to be. That’s something @Mean Gene needs to understand.

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
You argued something that wasn’t argued or even said in the first place. Just because you have a vendetta against another poster doesn’t mean you get to make up an argument in order to have one.

Anti-Crosby? Is that what you have to call it in order to feel better about your feelings for him? No one is anti-Crosby. If anything your pro Crosby agenda needs to be adjusted back to reality.

he was discussing the 2015 and Ovechkins last time being a contender for the Art Ross. He then mentioned how hypocritical it was to mention Crosby’s latest contentions as such, even though they were farther than first than Ovis. This was the first time you quoted him, where you decided to create an argument out of thin air because you just had to get even.

All you read was “this is why you can’t argue with Pen fans,” and got triggered hard.....making you just pounce on the chance to call him out over something he was right about. If you actually knew what he was discussing before, you wouldn’t have gotten so emotional. “HOW DARE YOU TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT CROSBY!?!”

It’s actually quite impressive that I got you so upset with an innocent reply, but apparently, I’m the one who’s triggered :huh:.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
It’s actually quite impressive that I got you so upset with an innocent reply, but apparently, I’m the one who’s triggered :huh:.
The guy who decided to comment on something where he didn’t even know the context and didn’t care, because someone mentioned “Pen fans”, which got him all riled up and hurt.....add a very unnatural love for a certain player, and you have a very sensitive situation.....but IM triggered and upset? Right :laugh:

I know, it’s to much to ask for someone to actually read and know what they are getting into before making blind comments and then accusing people of doing things they didn’t because their feelings are hurt. Silly me, maybe my standards are to high.

Oh but that’s right, all this is to you is more “anti-Crosby talk.” In other words no one can say anything that doesn’t involve some sort of wording of “best” or “better”, or even “AINEC.” Any other language is prohibited.....even if they are right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad