LeBrun: Montreal not looking to trade Petry or Tatar.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Not sure why this is a surprise. Habs were looking good earlier this season before being plagued by injuries. Unless an unreal deal comes along Bergevin is going to want another kick at the can next year with our prospects a little older and ready to contribute. If next year doesn't go well we can still sell Petry and Tatar at the deadline.
MB must be your uncle!!

Another kick at the can, with the same team next year!!!! lol We have been so good with this crowd now for 5 years, I can see where you and your uncle are coming from!!

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Umm...read again. I said, contend for a playoff spot. I never said they are contending to win the cup. We are pushing to become a middle of the pack team, not to ice a team that can win. Playoffs are our goal and how we measure success. ;)

I bet that would change if Quebec got a team again. Hate the Status Quo mediocrity.

Reactions: pepperMonkey

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Tatar is 29 years old and Petry is 32 years old. I guess the Habs think they are competing sometime soon.

After seeing what Pageau just got, not sure how you don’t trade Tatar.
To be fair, Pageau is a rental C.

Would expect Tatar to bring back something similar, maybe a bit more because of term.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
If you can't get guys like Byram newhook and two firsts for them then why bother right?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
To be fair, Pageau is a rental C.

Would expect Tatar to bring back something similar, maybe a bit more because of term.
Exactly, Tatar could bring back a haul I think, if a team wants a player they can keep. Plus he’s a better player offensively.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
This is obviously just a ruse to try and get a better package. He’s waiting for Kreider to get traded before he moves Tatar to the highest bidder.

At least this is what any logical GM would do. I guess we’ll find out soon.

This. If he gets a great offer at 2:30 PM from a desperate GM he will for sure be seriously listening.

Otherwise what's the rush? This is like Duschene/Pacioretty all over again where both Sakic & Bergevin did VERY well by being patient. Meanwhile Tatar still has another year, plus the Habs will of course be looking to get into playoffs next year and could use their leading scorer still.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Exactly, Tatar could bring back a haul I think, if a team wants a player they can keep. Plus he’s a better player offensively.

I have a hard time believing Tatar would still be a Hab if someone was offering a better haul than a 1st, 2nd and a conditional 3rd. Team's always pay for quality two-way centers, less so for scoring wingers.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
In what world is a 3rd rounder for Kovalchuk a bad return?
Really thought is exactly what they would get, so it is a good deal for the team.

The real question is............in what world would a team give MB 8 full seasons as a clown GM?

I know I know, people say he wins all his trades....? lol Just imagine how bad he could make the team if he didn't? lol

People are laughing at the Habs, for 5 years now....good times...

Once again, the clock is ticking, Geoff Money \Mol$on.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Really thought is exactly what they would get, so it is a good deal for the team.

The real question is............in what world would a team give MB 8 full seasons as a clown GM?

I know I know, people say he wins all his trades....? lol Just imagine how bad he could make the team if he didn't? lol

People are laughing at the Habs, for 5 years now....good times...

Once again, the clock is ticking, Geoff Money \Mol$on.

OK then.

Let's trade every good player we have at the deadline and stockpile picks.

Then do the same next year. And the year after. Until we win the cup.

Anybody else on board for this brilliant plan?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I love the wording these insiders use. "Not looking to trade" simply means the habs are not trying to dump them, but they'll likely be listening to offers. They won't trade them just for the sake of trading them though.

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
So what's the complaint here, that he didn't trade Thompson for a 1st?
That rather than trading players with value while they have value, he's just spinning his tires trading late picks for 4th liners and then trading them away for late picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad