LeBrun: Montreal not looking to trade Petry or Tatar.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Because we can be competitive next year if we finally acquire a solid top 4 D this summer.

If this goes south next year, we can alway sell him for the highest bid at the TDL

MB will acquire that top 4 D we are missing, after failling to do it for years. Then if by a miracle he achieves that, we will have 1 year to compete, because many good players are UFAs next year.

We have so many holes, it's not even funny, he can't even sign a good backup. Wake up !

Last edited:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So you’re saying moving Pacioretty for Suzuki wasn’t a smart move? I know we got Tatar but at that point he was a cap dump

Since you do NOT know if there was a significant TOP TRIPLE A GRADE prospect offered....then you are making a straw argument.

Patches went for a roster top 6 player AND a top grade prospect. I'm willing to bet the house that Bbinz would of taken such a deal.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I’m not gonna bother responding to these guys who think having more picks means anything. Every year is a season any team can win, playoffs are more valuable than picks

Montreal had..........

5 picks and 5 duds in 2008,
8 picks and 8 duds in 2009
5 picks and 4 duds in 2010
7 picks and 6.5 duds in 2011 (Beaulieu)
7 picks and 6.25 duds in 2012 (Galcheniuk is done in the NHL)
8 picks and 7 duds in 2013 (Lehkonen)
6 picks and 5 duds in 2014

That's a total of 46 picks, 42 duds, 3 ok players and the ONLY decent player of of those picks was Gallagher. Galchy, Lehky and Beau are journeyman.

Tell me again about picks?

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Tatar and Petry will almost have the same value same time next year. Better use them and compete next year. MB took the right decision. Furthurmore next year might be his last chance.

How so ? It was a seller market MB had to take profit of that. Usually player have more value when they have term, next year it won't be the case.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Montreal had..........

That's a total of 46 picks, 42 duds, 3 ok players and the ONLY decent player of of those picks was Gallagher. Galchy, Lehky and Beau are journeyman.

What is your point ? We should stop drafting ?

Edit: Our f***ing GM thinks that drafting is mostly about luck... Maybe if he changes the scouts it will improve something.

But no, MB thinks that it's not his fault nor the scout's fault... It's all about bad luck. :laugh:

Reactions: shello

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Awful deadline for Montreal. I like both Tatar and Petry but one of them if not both should have been moved today. Sellers market and they had all the opportunity to build upon a youth movement. I do not understand MB's thinking. He claims he wants to build through the draft but he wants to contend. I understand retooling and keeping some players but this is just a clear lack of vision.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What is your point ? We should stop drafting ?

Edit: Our f*cking GM thinks that drafting is mostly about luck... Maybe if he changes the scouts it will improve something.

But no, MB thinks that it's not his fault nor the scout's fault... It's all about bad luck. :laugh:

Arguing about bad drafting is one thing, arguing that stock piling picks and it's the way to nirvana is false hope. Case in point are the oilers.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Montreal had..........

So your solution is... not to draft? :huh: Because there is absolutely no other way to build a contender unless you play in a post apocalyptic world and your team is in the only city with running water.

If anything this screams that they need every pick they can.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Arguing about bad drafting is one thing, arguing that stock piling picks and it's the way to nirvana is false hope. Case in point are the oilers.

When your GM tells you that it's hard to sign UFA's, it's hard to make trades, that #1C are never traded... How can you improve the team then ?

By the draft, it's literally our only hope with that scrub in charge.

BTW, Oilers are an exemple of bad drafting, but they still got McDavid and Draisaitl. We have who ? Danault ? Domi ? Drouin ?

Pens, Hawks, and the Kings all needed to suck before winning the Stanley cup, many times.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Bad drafting are the Oilers. Bad drafting and bad trading are the Habs?

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
What a f***ing joke MB is so sick of that loser. We have a loser running the Habs so the damn Habs are going to be a bunch of losers until hes gone good grief.....how many more years until all habs fans are on board of a full on rebuild? hes already had 8 years maybe another 8 years will do the trick i guess what a sad f***ing day seriously its the same old tricks from MB I guess the saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks is true...

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
MB will acquire that top 4 D we are missing, after failling to do it for years. Then if by a miracle he achieves that, we will have 1 year to compete, because many good players are UFAs next year.

We have so many holes, it's not even funny, he can't even sign a good backup. Wake up !

The missing Top 4 D? I thought that was filled by Alzner. And Chiarot.

Excited to see who he gets this summer. My guess is Joel Edmundson on a four year deal.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019

Lol, every single contributor of note on the currently playoff bound Oilers team except their goalies has been drafted by them.

McDavid
Drasaitl
RNH
Yamamoto
Klefbom
Nurse
Bear

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I simply cannot believe the thinking of the Habs management here? They could have got a gaggle of picks and prospects for both Petry and Tatar now.....it isn't like Montreal is going anywhere with them anyhow....why not add more picks and young players to Montreal's already nice collection of youth.....this is a terrible move ....they will not get as much now going forward.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Tatar and Petry will almost have the same value same time next year. Better use them and compete next year. MB took the right decision. Furthurmore next year might be his last chance.
A player’s value with an extra year is the same as that player as a pending UFA. They may not have gotten offered what they were looking for but that doesn’t make any sense.

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
Title should be changed to ‘Montreal not looking to compete in the next decade’

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So its clear, that Bergy wants to make a splash in the Free agent market and next season going hard for Cup. It would be the last season for Price, if they didnt achieve big playoff run.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
the problem with this is if Montreal is in the playoff race next year. if they are anywhere near the playoffs Bergevin cant trade them and miss the playoffs again. he might need to add at TDL next year and risk losing them to FA.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Epic fail but as predicted

Can’t wait to be in this same spot next year except we have a bunch of UFAs then and likely keep them all for a pathetic playoff push and watch them walk or resign 30+ old vets on dumb contracts

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Montreal destined to be a middle of the pack team for the foreseeable future.
Montreal hasn't been middle of the pack in nearly a decade. They are mediocre and will remain so as long as they have the two worst contracts in the NHL, Weber and Price.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Awful deadline for Montreal. I like both Tatar and Petry but one of them if not both should have been moved today. Sellers market and they had all the opportunity to build upon a youth movement. I do not understand MB's thinking. He claims he wants to build through the draft but he wants to contend. I understand retooling and keeping some players but this is just a clear lack of vision.

He also then cited Suzuki as building thru the draft so he might be kinda dumb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad