LeBrun: Montreal not looking to trade Petry or Tatar.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Why do you think
What is so stupid about it? That we lose our chance the chance to win the cup next year? lol

If their value are higher now, might as well trade them. What's the point of keeping them, they won't be part if/when the Habs become a contender which will be in 5 years+ at least.
what reasoning do you have for 5+ years other than the habs sucks?

the value is barely higher, why not fix the team and go for it next year.
I don’t wanna argue with you so don’t expect a response, start thinking with your head and not emotionally

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
All I see here is a couple of irrational armchair GMs who want "trades" and "action".

Moving players with term left will not bring back double what Pageau got.

The whole point of the TDL is short-term trades where the receiver does not give up significant assets that would weaken his team for a cup run without disrupting team chemistry.

A good trade for Petry or Tatar WOULD need to include such a significant asset.

Exactly and those trades get made in off-season.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Why do you think

I don’t wanna argue with you so don’t expect a response, start thinking with your head and not emotionally

You're the one that should start thinking with your head. Well maybe not you, but the guy that gets paid millions to manage this team should.

Like I said, if their value is higher now, which it should since they wouldn't be rentals, I don't see why it would be SO STUPID like you pretend to trade them now. What do you expect Petry and Tatar bring to this team next season anyways? Battle for a wildcard or a 1st round exit? Or trade them at the deadline because again, we're still not good enough and risk to see their value drop?

They are both having career year, it's the perfect time to trade them while their value is at his highest.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
All I see here is a couple of irrational armchair GMs who want "trades" and "action".

The whole point of the TDL is short-term trades where the receiver does not give up significant assets that would weaken his team for a cup run without disrupting team chemistry.

Exactly and those trades get made in off-season.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

The Habs, well, the Habs fans anyhow since everyone is perplexed with what Bergevin is thinking, only want a 1st and a good prospect. We don't need to get a roster player. Therefore, it won't weaken any teams cup runs.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm really disappointed that Bbinz hasn't traded Tatar and Petry for a very late 1st that may...or may NEVER have a decent career in the NHL.

So unless a TOP prospect comes along WITH the first, boohoo to your fantasies. Bbinz is not going to help your cup fantasies.

Reactions: Steeler23

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Why do you think

Umm... Go for what? If you actually started to think about it you would realize that the ONLY thing the Habs have a chance to go for is a playoff spot. Now, if that is the ultimate goal (which may be the case with Bergevin) sure, trading Tatar and or Petry would be dumb. In almost all other cases, selling those players at their height of their values may actually be a smart move.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Lmao
Umm... Go for what? If you actually started to think about it you would realize that the ONLY thing the Habs have a chance to go for is a playoff spot. Now, if that is the ultimate goal (which may be the case with Bergevin) sure, trading Tatar and or Petry would be dumb. In almost all other cases, selling those players at their height of their values may actually be a smart move.
so by that logic you would move them for an extra what? 3rd ? because you won’t get that much more just because they have a year left. And this extra 3rd basically eliminates the opportunity to even compete next year.
You have no idea what happens next year so to basically Forfeit a season to get an extra pick is really shortsighted but I expect that from people on here

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
AVs have not done anything. I still think a Domi to Colorado trade is a possibility.

mitchmagic

Apr 25, 2006
Montreal, Qc
www.typeonefilms.com
Lmao

so by that logic you would move them for an extra what? 3rd ? because you won’t get that much more just because they have a year left. And this extra 3rd basically eliminates the opportunity to even compete next year.
You have no idea what happens next year so to basically Forfeit a season to get an extra pick is really shortsighted but I expect that from people on here
Hate to break it to you, but we're not going to be competitive for a long time.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
The Habs, well, the Habs fans anyhow since everyone is perplexed with what Bergevin is thinking, only want a 1st and a good prospect. We don't need to get a roster player. Therefore, it won't weaken any teams cup runs.

Yeah these late first usually turn out so well for us...

Trading Petry and Tatar strictly for futures would destroy any hope of having a competing team for years.

I'm sure there are a few here who would be perfectly content with fantasming over their stock of picks for the next few years but actual paying customers wouldn't and shouldn't.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lmao

A shot of MAYBE getting an NHL player while losing a 30 goal scorer is really smart move.

All these arm chair GMs should never leave their....arm chairs.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
People should not get twisted up about this MB is done for the day stuff, it is shear nonsense.

I have no question that MB has talked a number of deals with other GMs, including Joe Sakic. While there may be no further deals involving the Habs, MB has not turned off his cell phone. It is still possible we are involved in a deal. Remember the Vanek trade ? A stink bid deal made in the final minutes of the day. It just may be the ball is in the court of another GM.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Lmao

Take a long and hard look at our team. Then look at the good teams in this league. Going by what has happened for the last almost 3 decades...and what has happened with the Leafs the last 4 decades I have been alive, what I do know is a team with Danault as our #1 C, with no super star forward, let alone a legit #1 C (or possibly a legit #2 C), our chance of actually getting a sniff at the cup, let alone winning would need an intervention from some God.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
I’m not gonna bother responding to these guys who think having more picks means anything. Every year is a season any team can win, playoffs are more valuable than picks

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I’m not gonna bother responding to these guys who think having more picks means anything. Every year is a season any team can win, playoffs are more valuable than picks
no they are not, no. we are useless and won't beat the first round.

we are stuck in a meaningless wheel because our idiot GM can't seem to fix the long-term and always believe we can magically the playoff. They sell you the IDEA of a playoff, never the actual playoff or success that comes with it.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
I wouldnt trade Petry. He is very very good and Habs need D like him. Wouldn't make any sense.

Tatar on the other end, I'm not a fan, compiler pts this year, doesn't even stand out. Would have shipped him for two 2nd.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
A shot of MAYBE getting an NHL player while losing a 30 goal scorer is really smart move.

All these arm chair GMs should never leave their....arm chairs.
So you’re saying moving Pacioretty for Suzuki wasn’t a smart move? I know we got Tatar but at that point he was a cap dump

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
A perfect example of trying to raise the value of your assets. Claim they are not available to see if someone becomes desperate enough to bite and overplays their hand.
You are giving him way too much credit. He is just dumb. Make da playoff next year; anyting can appen.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I wouldnt trade Petry. He is very very good and Habs need D like him. Wouldn't make any sense.

Tatar on the other end, I'm not a fan, compiler pts this year, doesn't even stand out. Would have shipped him for two 2nd.

We need him for what exactly ? To miss the playoffs a 5th time in 6 years ? I'm sure we can achieve that without him.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Cause our GM is a total idiot so sick of this guy he does all he can to keep his job and doesn't care how far hes going to set the habs back in terms of YEARS.
Yeah signing a past expiration date former sniper is really what the doctor ordered going forward.

I mean he's already old, what's a couple more years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->