LeBrun: Montreal not looking to trade Petry or Tatar.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Holy shit MB is so damn stupid this team isn't going to win anything anytime soon and MB has to be the most selfish prick until the very end to try and save his job.

Reactions: Morrison

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
A perfect example of trying to raise the value of your assets. Claim they are not available to see if someone becomes desperate enough to bite and overplays their hand.

Don't think this is it. Its more that Bergevin knows that even if he is not fired this summer, he is for sure gone next year if he does not make the playoffs. So from his POV it makes limited sense to ship out guys like Tatar and Petry for picks and prospects right now unless he gets an absurd offer which is probably not gonna happen.

Reactions: pepperMonkey

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
As an Habs fan i gotta say that this is irritating if true. The market is there , the value is there , the timing is perfect and yet that doofus probably still think that this core has a chance to contend next year.

This management (owner included) has no balls and a very sort term vision.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Don't think this is it. Its more that Bergevin knows that even if he is not fired this summer, he is for sure gone next year if he does not make the playoffs. So from his POV it makes limited sense to ship out guys like Tatar and Petry for picks and prospects right now unless he gets an absurd offer which is probably not gonna happen.

That would make sense if I believed for a second that Moulson isn't heavily involved in getting his fingers into everything. And furthermore, if they indeed plan to can him they should press him heavily to make those moves.

Jan 21, 2018
This is obviously just a ruse to try and get a better package. He’s waiting for Kreider to get traded before he moves Tatar to the highest bidder.

At least this is what any logical GM would do. I guess we’ll find out soon.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad