LeBrun: Montreal not looking to trade Petry or Tatar.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Tatar and Petry will almost have the same value same time next year. Better use them and compete next year. MB took the right decision. Furthurmore next year might be his last chance.
Oh ya because putting all your eggs in only 1 year is the way to go. Lets Let bet our odds on.. next year ? With no #1 LD OR Any star players or any players doing more than 60.

And BTW Suzuki was a lucky lucky hit, weeks before he accepted JAD + FIRST. For Pacioretty, so it was all luck

Wake up we are not a contender and the smart long term move would have been to fight for a cup in 4-5 years, not 1

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Oh ya because putting all your eggs in only 1 year is the way to go. Lets Let bet our odds on.. next year ? With no #1 LD OR Any star players or any players doing more than 60.

And BTW Suzuki was a lucky lucky hit, weeks before he accepted JAD + FIRST. For Pacioretty, so it was all luck

Wake up we are not a contender and the smart long term move would have been to fight for a cup in 4-5 years, not 1

Keeping Petry and Tatar wasn't so they can contend. Bergevin, during a selling trade deadline where those two players would be the top players to get, decided that competing for a wild card spot next year was more important, so didn't even take calls for those players. Someone please just shoot me.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
People are up un arms, but the kind of trade Montreal needs to pull (for a young top 4 D with term) rarely gets done by at the trade deadline, at least from a team that is out of the playoffs and can't trade a 1st.

I'd be willing to bet that deal will happen in June around the draft. June 15th is my prediction, if Bergy survives that press conference/end of season.

Addendum: I think Skjei for a mid first is terrible for Carolina.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
People are up un arms, but the kind of trade Montreal needs to pull (for a young top 4 D with term) rarely gets done by at the trade deadline, at least from a team that is out of the playoffs and can't trade a 1st.

I'd be willing to bet that deal will happen in June around the draft. June 15th is my prediction, if Bergy survives that press conference/end of season.

Addendum: I think Skjei for a mid first is terrible for Carolina.
We aren't wanting a young top 4 we are wanting 1st round draft picks with prospects with top 4 potential. You aren't wrong that the off season is another chance of offloading Tatar and Petry but MB has already said he is going to try and resign them first before trying to deal them which again is a bad idea. So again like everyone has been saying every move MB can do to keep his job hes going to do he doesn't care about the health of the Habs in the future.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
We aren't wanting a young top 4 we are wanting 1st round draft picks with prospects with top 4 potential. You aren't wrong that the off season is another chance of offloading Tatar and Petry but MB has already said he is going to try and resign them first before trying to deal them which again is a bad idea. So again like everyone has been saying every move MB can do to keep his job hes going to do he doesn't care about the health of the Habs in the future.
I don't think he'll trade Petry. If he's smart, he'll try to extend him in July at reasonable term (3 years). There is NOBODY to take his minutes on the right side if he's traded.

I think they might trade Tatar in a package for picks (especially if they are high in the top 10 and they find a dancing partner to move up for a player they target), but I think to most likely trade will be one for one Domi for a top 4 young D with term. Don't see a team trading a young top 4 D for Tatar... Even with an extension, but I could be wrong.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
I don't think he'll trade Petry. If he's smart, he'll try to extend him in July at reasonable term (3 years). There is NOBODY to take his minutes on the right side if he's traded.

I think they might trade Tatar in a package for picks (especially if they are high in the top 10 and they find a dancing partner to move up for a player they target), but I think to most likely trade will be one for one Domi for a top 4 young D with term. Don't see a team trading a young top 4 D for Tatar... Even with an extension, but I could be wrong.
Petry wont do a 3 year deal hes going to want max years its going to be his last contract before retirement. What reason can MB tell Petry to go for 3 years instead of 8? so extending Petry for 8 years until hes 40/41 is a big hell no. Also we know some dumb ass GM will give him max year with huge dollars I rather get rid of Petry now while his value is high instead of keeping onto him and he becoming a giant ass headache in the future.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Petry wont do a 3 year deal hes going to want max years its going to be his last contract before retirement. What reason can MB tell Petry to go for 3 years instead of 8? so extending Petry for 8 years until hes 40/41 is a big hell no. Also we know some dumb ass GM will give him max year with huge dollars I rather get rid of Petry now while his value is high instead of keeping onto him and he becoming a giant ass headache in the future.
Nobody'll give Petry 8 years. 4 years is the most anyone would give a 33 y old D, even on the open market.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Nobody'll give Petry 8 years. 4 years is the most anyone would give a 33 y old D, even on the open market.
We have seen crazier things but again I don't want Petry being a headache in the future 3 years sure anymore I would trade him but if we are going to trade him if he doesnt accept a 3 year deal why not trade him while his value is at his highest? we arent winning anything in the near future anyways if we are going to suck we might as well suck properly and get better draft choices.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Why are you talking like both Petry and Tatar are UFA this year? If it doesn’t work out next year he can still trade them at the deadline.

Also. FYI, he said he intend to sign Petry to an extension this summer. He also said during his press conference that he will see who (of his core) wants to sign this summer and then he’ll make a decision on who stays and who goes.

Let’s be honest here - Petry isn’t getting more than 4 years. The Muzzin deal is a good groundwork for Petry’s next contract. My bet is 4 years at 6m per.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Why are you talking like both Petry and Tatar are UFA this year? If it doesn’t work out next year he can still trade them at the deadline.

Also. FYI, he said he intend to sign Petry to an extension this summer. He also said during his press conference that he will see who (of his core) wants to sign this summer and then he’ll make a decision on who stays and who goes.

Let’s be honest here - Petry isn’t getting more than 4 years. The Muzzin deal is a good groundwork for Petry’s next contract. My bet is 4 years at 6m per.
Petry is better then Muzzin in my opinion and he will get more then 4 years and more then 6m on the open market.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Petry is better then Muzzin in my opinion and he will get more then 4 years and more then 6m on the open market.

slightly better and older too. Doubt he’s getting more than 6.5 on the open market. Certainly not for more than 4 years

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
This is literally when someones crush doesn't say yes and the person is like "good, I didn't like her much anyway, she has a weird forehead, this is what I wanted rabble rabble rabble"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad