LeBrun: Montreal not looking to trade Petry or Tatar.

Squats

Mar 27, 2013
Well with the news Kreider will probably extend with NYR, it MAY take a turn for tatar I guess

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Tatar is 29 years old and Petry is 32 years old. I guess the Habs think they are competing sometime soon.

After seeing what Pageau just got, not sure how you don’t trade Tatar.
Bergevin is delusional and add in the fact that his owner is worse than he is. The Habs are one of the top 5 most valuable franchises in the entire league and they simply do not care about winning or trying to be a winning franchise and Bergevin's 8-year tenure proves it.

We are also not very good in the drafting and development area either so it's a recipe for mediocrity. They have media bought and paid for and the stands are always full. Losing the Nordiques was the worse thing to ever happen to us, Molson owns the Montreal/Quebec market and simply sells hope to the fan base. We are at a very low point as a franchise, no rebuild, no star players and no blue chip prospects, we are firmly planted in no man's land.

OT: We can now say the word "shit" in posts? I am seeing it everywhere lol. Bergevin is full of the newly allowed word on hf lol.

Reactions: zeeto and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
M
OK then.

Let's trade every good player we have at the deadline and stockpile picks.

Then do the same next year. And the year after. Until we win the cup.

Anybody else on board for this brilliant plan?
MB should have been fired 3 years ago..............there has been NO plan.

Rinse and repeat doesn't count as a plan. Everything with the Habs, needs to change.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Are you away that, ironically enough, "firing your GM" does NOT constitute a plan either?
Not sure what you are missing here.....................You have to hire q new GM with an actual brain, and start to build a team for real this time. That, is a better plan than the past 5 years, of suckage. lol

You can't keep doing the same thing, over and over and expect different results. This is the biggest clown in the Habs history of GM's. This clown makes Reggie Houle look intelligent.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Not sure what you are missing here.....................You have to hire q new GM with an actual brain, and start to build a team for real this time. That, is a better plan than the past 5 years, of suckage. lol

You can't keep doing the same thing, over and over and expect different results. This is the biggest clown in the Habs history of GM's. This clown makes Reggie Houle look intelligent.

Yeah, nope.

I'll leave you to your ranting.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
All I see here is a couple of irrational armchair GMs who want "trades" and "action".

Moving players with term left will not bring back double what Pageau got.

The whole point of the TDL is short-term trades where the receiver does not give up significant assets that would weaken his team for a cup run without disrupting team chemistry.

A good trade for Petry or Tatar WOULD need to include such a significant asset.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I'm actually pretty happy with Bergevin's deadline work thus far. Moving Scandella, Kovalchuck, and Thompson for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th is solid. No need to move Petry or Tatar unless the offer is amazing - both are key parts of our team next season and shouldn't be moved without a significant return.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Threads like this show People’s true colours. It would be stupid to trade them for anything that’s not an overpayment. If not there’s next year

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Threads like this show People’s true colours. It would be stupid to trade them for anything that’s not an overpayment. If not there’s next year

What is so stupid about it? That we lose our chance the chance to win the cup next year? lol

If their value are higher now, might as well trade them. What's the point of keeping them, they won't be part if/when the Habs become a contender which will be in 5 years+ at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad