OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Wasting no time gutting the front office. If I had to bet on anything, Cano is done here too. If he can dump him with the front office, he probably would have.

Next is finding an actually competent GM that will not just throw prospects away. Sandy is going to run things for now, but they'll need a GM and President of Baseball ops as well.

This is the best news a Mets fan could have asked for one things went final. He knew immediately who he wanted out. Not going to be hard to get someone better.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I’m a bit surprised that Omar didn’t survive. I figured he’d be part of the new front office

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I’m a bit surprised that Omar didn’t survive. I figured he’d be part of the new front office

Rumors are that Sandy was not happy being forced to coexist with Minaya when Fred brought him back as a special advisor. And given that the other rumor is that Omar preferred parting with Kelenic over Giminez in the Cano deal, I have no problem with him not sticking around.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Right on time. Close, fire Brodie, blast the emails. Well oiled machine.

Attachments

• 5C592C8E-0472-465E-B37D-375917AAC72B.png
    5C592C8E-0472-465E-B37D-375917AAC72B.png
    646.3 KB · Views: 5

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Rumors are that Sandy was not happy being forced to coexist with Minaya when Fred brought him back as a special advisor. And given that the other rumor is that Omar preferred parting with Kelenic over Giminez in the Cano deal, I have no problem with him not sticking around.

keeping him in the wrong role is a different story. I’d have him in charge of acquire Latin American prospects and that’s it

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Wasting no time gutting the front office. If I had to bet on anything, Cano is done here too. If he can dump him with the front office, he probably would have.

Next is finding an actually competent GM that will not just throw prospects away. Sandy is going to run things for now, but they'll need a GM and President of Baseball ops as well.

This is the best news a Mets fan could have asked for one things went final. He knew immediately who he wanted out. Not going to be hard to get someone better.

cano makes a lot of money for a lot of years at an older age in times where nobody wants to take on salary and is coming off a great short year so I’d bet he’s surely the starting 2B/DH

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
as fun as it is to speculate about get lindor or realmuto or whoever that would have an immediate impact. i'm far more interested in what the front office, analytics, scouting department etc look like cause thats where you build long term success....

those things along with international free agents is where the big $$ teams truly flex their financial might...and when you compare the cost of players their first 6 seasons vs after, its $$ spent that actually saves you $$ later.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Dear Stevie Cohen:

Welcome aboard and very excited and hopeful for the first time in many moons. Couple of quick favors if you don't mind. Sign Springer, Bauer and Stromen in FA. And if you can get Lindor withought gutting our core in a deal....do it!.

We do this a WS won't be to far off!. Thanks in advance my friend.

cheers,

Mets Fan since 1969

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad