OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I am not giving my Sunday afternoon to this Mets team today.

I hope they come back to win, I just won’t be watching anymore today.

I'm taking a couple weeks off. Its pretty clear they are collapsing.

The overwork of the bullpen is going to be an issue this time of the season.

Mets better hope the NL east continues to be terrible.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
It would be absolutely hilarious if the AAAA Yankees kept the team afloat until at least the covid people got back.. They are looking like they're gonna take 2/3 from Boston

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Such a bizarro world year for the Mets and of course for us here in Metland. Nothing really makes sense. Nothing is as it should. On one hand, when I look at the NL East landscape, I feel we should win this division by minimum 7+ games. On the other hand, we are the Mets and for most part, we are a jinxed franchises and it wouldn't surprise me if we somehow lost hold of the division and didn't even make the playoffs which is pretty much a given that whoever doesn't win the NL East isn't going to be a WC seeing both are coming out of the NL West.

I mean for us to have to battle tooth and nail with teams like the Pirates is nuts yet we have a ton of injuries and so it really shouldn't be surprising.

If I had to take my crystal ball out, so long as deGrom isn't out more than a few starts, Mets have the most talent in the division and should win the East by a few games. What's interesting tho is that if we can have a healthy deGrom by time playoffs started and possibly get Carassco back, we'd have the kind of pitching that would scare the shit out of any opponent we had and we have enough bats as well to pull off some upsets.

Going to be a bumpy yet fascinating ride for us here in Metland these next few months...so buckle up.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
My Sunday shitposts didn’t age well. To be a Mets fan is to embrace angst. Very happy to eat crow!

Had a nice Sunday dinner out with the family while my Dad gave me updates on the comeback from his phone.

LFGM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad