MLB The Show 21 (Xbox, PS5)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I generally stay away from microtransactions in modes like this but I figured the guys I could get by finishing the live series collection would probably be on my team all year so putting in a bit of money to get myself over the hump wasn't so bad.

It's certainly better than garbage like HUT where you were basically forced to buy packs every week to keep up.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

RyCanadian

Apr 23, 2021
I'm the same way with a little over 700k stubs with collections finished but some ppl don't want to spend the time to grind and have extra money to burn.

Woah nice! That's a lot of stubbs. Yea, people buying stubs they can use that money and buy other games instead lol.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Probably a good idea to avoid online play for a bit. Long story short is this guy's a pretty well liked streamer/youtuber in the community and apparently, after multiple attempts to contact SDS privately months ago he has decided to go with the nuclear option and tell everyone how to do it. People aren't happy but iirc he did the exact same thing with a similar glitch in Madden and actually got them off their asses to do something about it.

I lost at least 3 games last ranked season and my opening one today to this. Kinda figured there was some ****ery afoot.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Probably a good idea to avoid online play for a bit. Long story short is this guy's a pretty well liked streamer/youtuber in the community and apparently, after multiple attempts to contact SDS privately months ago he has decided to go with the nuclear option and tell everyone how to do it. People aren't happy but iirc he did the exact same thing with a similar glitch in Madden and actually got them off their asses to do something about it.

I lost at least 3 games last ranked season and my opening one today to this. Kinda figured there was some ****ery afoot.

Well, hopefully it leads to a successful response from SDS in the form of a fix and or bans. Freezes have been in the game since I've been playing back in '16 and its getting really old.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Maybe there's hope after all?
n3tp9oxlmi571.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That didn't take long. I wonder if the video going public led them to figure out what the trigger was. There had to have been people messing around with the glitch so maybe with enough data they figured it out.

All the people blaming the Foxx for ruining the game look like whole ass clowns now. Dude knew exactly what he was doing. Doubly so since he did something similar with Madden years ago.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Also that Gary Carter program can suck me. What an absolute trash can of a card lmao.

At least the Ozzie Smith one was easier because he had the speed to make doubles and triples much easier to get

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He's got a slow swing, almost no power and the game makes you face lefties for a good chunk of his moments making it even harder to get shit done.

Oh and he seems somehow slower than his 39 speed would indicate.

People whined about the Smith evolution program but as I said, his speed meant bunting and legging out XBHs were totally viable making that one a lot more doable. This is just torture even on rookie difficulty.

Sep 19, 2008
Does The Show Franchise have international posting and scouting yet?

I don't recall it in last year's version. It would be nice to sign Japanese, Korean or even South American rookies to massive deals kind of like an Ohtani or Cespedes or Tanaka

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
DeGrom got outlier on his fastball. That card is about to explode in price.

Hader also got a changeup which is pretty gross. He was already good and now he's got another weapon.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Does The Show Franchise have international posting and scouting yet?

I don't recall it in last year's version. It would be nice to sign Japanese, Korean or even South American rookies to massive deals kind of like an Ohtani or Cespedes or Tanaka
You can scout international prospects for the 1st year draft but that’s it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm at the very least at the point where I can at least rattle off a few wins in a row in events now. Best mark is 5 so far.

If anyone is looking for a couple budget beast cards I have a few recommendations:

Dee Gordon - you get him by completing the Marlins live series collection (which is dirt cheap) and the guy is an absolute menace. He can bunt and has a really smooth swing. Jackshit for power but anything out of the infield is a guaranteed double. He's currently hitting like .430 for me. (albeit smaller sample size since event but still very consistent) I believe hammett can also attest to how good this card is as well.

All-star Charlie Blackmon - another easily acquired card via Team affinity. Very lackluster defender but he has a lightning fast swing and even with his 66 power against lefties can still get XBHs with regularity. Is currently hitting .385 for me with two massive dingers in the event. A friend of mine who plays the game refers to him as Steve Finley light and I can kind of see it.

Juan Pierre - Team affinity rewards. He's basically Dee Gordon but in the outfield. Smooth swing, can run like the wind and will almost assuredly be a pain in the ass because like Gordon, any ball that's a remotely tough play will result in a base. Iffy defense so you'll have to run him at left so you don't need his arm.

Any card with a fast swing is good for people struggling. Blackmon, Steve Finley and Kenny Lofton all have similar animations and that's what you should be looking for.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Did they totally gut RTTS or what?

Why do I have to use the same player for different saves?

Yikes.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I still only need Eck to complete the Sig series set but haven't reached 350k in the exp path lol. i have been really lagging it with not playing much

It's actually surprising how easy that good of a card is to acquire. Every collection I just slowly chipped away at with the exception of the prospects. I just sat and waited until I got a big pull (Bellinger in this case) so I could sell and then flip my way to buying the ones I needed. I know they can be gotten free with the US Map but f*** playing that multiple times.

And awards too. Had to buy a couple of the cheapies to get that done which I accomplished by flipping lol.

Definitely keeps you coming back for more and I love it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jacob DeGrom just got a massive boost to his control and break. Good lord.

Combine that with giving him outlier on his fastball and he only now might match his godlike status in real life. Only a guy like DeGrom could outperform a video game version of himself up until this point

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
99 Future Stars Wander Franco to be a 4th inning boss. Word on the streets is that its a better version of his juiced up temp 99.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
My lineup is already built and ready to go. Had to buy headliner Mantle and milestone Hamilton to finish out my squad. Mantle might be worth keeping but Hamilton is gone as soon as the event is over since I have like 5 guys who can do what I need him to do (Lofton, Gordon, Ozzie, etc)

Only thing I'm concerned about is pitching. You got any recommendations?

So far I've got;

Syndergaard (can throw gas plus cutter and sinker)

Baz (actually has velocity)

Duran (Twins prospect)

And then I need two other arms. Bullpen should be fine since I've got rookie Chapman, Vida Blue and Sale along with Osuna, Diekman and Alvarado. It's the starting 5 that concern me

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
My lineup is already built and ready to go. Had to buy headliner Mantle and milestone Hamilton to finish out my squad. Mantle might be worth keeping but Hamilton is gone as soon as the event is over since I have like 5 guys who can do what I need him to do (Lofton, Gordon, Ozzie, etc)

Only thing I'm concerned about is pitching. You got any recommendations?

So far I've got;

Syndergaard (can throw gas plus cutter and sinker)

Baz (actually has velocity)

Duran (Twins prospect)

And then I need two other arms. Bullpen should be fine since I've got rookie Chapman, Vida Blue and Sale along with Osuna, Diekman and Alvarado. It's the starting 5 that concern me
Not really. Just hope you can get past the first 3 batters with your starter then bring in a reliever no matter what

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad