Series Talk: ECQF: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders (CAR Leads 3-1)

CAR vs NYI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I still wanna know what the hell Andersen was doing on that goal in the 3rd...he obviously did not see Pageau was over on that side because that was the most nonchalant blocking away of a shot I think I ever saw

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Shame of it is this could have been 3-1 Islanders if their goalies hadn't uncharacteristically crapped the bed.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Team defense*
Characteristically*
The team defense has been fine. First 3 games, Carolina had 10 goals against a goalie. I believe 7 of those were stoppable shots. A save wouldn't have wowed anyone. Can't allow those goals in the playoffs.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The team defense has been fine. First 3 games, Carolina had 10 goals against a goalie. I believe 7 of those were stoppable shots. A save wouldn't have wowed anyone. Can't allow those goals in the playoffs.
They have had quite a few brain farts and almost all of them have wound up in the net. Game 3 was 2 lucky goals off of redirections from the point, one of which was from Mike Reilly. If the Isles continue to play like they have in games 3&4, they can beat Carolina. Substantially different then the 2nd and 3rd periods of game 2.

StrmSurge

Skol!
Mar 19, 2019
Salem, SC
Good for you Isles.. don't really have anything to complain about, there were some questionable calls/non-calls on both sides, which is typical so I won't complain about it.

I can only say I'm disappointed in the Canes play in our offensive and neutral zone. So many shots that should have been taken. Stop trying to be (overly) cute , and just keep putting pucks on net.

Anyway, will be happy to be back in front of our own fans even though I had hoped it would be against a different NY team 😆

I believe the answer to this scrappy Isles team is to shoot the mfking puck. This is playoff hockey, they aren't going to let you be pretty. I lost count of how many times I said "shoot dumbass" in this game 4. See ya in Raleigh.

StrmSurge

Skol!
Mar 19, 2019
Salem, SC
I'd say the Canes are living rent free considering Rags fans are in this thread pulling for the isles..... just saying
Rags are afraid of us. Theyre rooting for the Isles to tire us out by making it a long series. With 2 days off, we put this one away at PNC (unless these mfkers don't shoot the puck) Good shots are better than looking for great shots and having them skating with numbers in the other direction. And Carolina is no stranger to being or dealing with scrappy teams this time of year. Get it together please..

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Rags are afraid of us. Theyre rooting for the Isles to tire us out by making it a long series. With 2 days off, we put this one away at PNC (unless these mfkers don't shoot the puck) Good shots are better than looking for great shots and having them skating with numbers in the other direction. And Carolina is no stranger to being or dealing with scrappy teams this time of year. Get it together please..
Just send Tony Deangelo after them. He’ll cause a rift in the room and they’ll be in shambles.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

I mean why wouldn't we root for the series to be extended?

Pretty common stuff

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Isles fan here. Carolina is the real deal. They are about as perfect of a team as there is going for the cup. They are next to impossible to score on 5 on 5 and they have their way with special teams.

I dont think the Isles losing this series is as much as they lack talent as it is Carolina is just, from top to bottom, on another planet. The Islanders have given Carolina a lot to handle, so Im not as down on the Isles as most are.

Sometimes you have to tip your cap. I dont see Carolina losing on their way to the cup this year. They will do what they are doing to the Islanders to anyone.

For example, and to me its one of the more telling stats, Carolina was able to put up close to 50 shots on net while only winning 33 percent of the faceoffs.

Thats just ridiculous. the Islanders won 80
Percent of the time and still got outshot. And outposessed. And if not for Varlamov standing on his head, probably lose the game.

Hoping for an Isles miracle tuesday but fully expecting carolina to put it away at home. They will be flying.

Also small shoutout to Freddie Anderson. Brick wall in this series. I thought the Isles had a clear goaltending advantage and that just isnt the case. Hes standing on his head out there.

One of the small glimmers of hope the Isles had was that Anderson would be leaky. Instead he makes a highlight reel save several times per night. With goaltending even, Isles hill to climb got much harder. Again, it is what it is. Freddys dialed in and going toe to toe with Varlamov. That is impressive.

Last edited:

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
I still wanna know what the hell Andersen was doing on that goal in the 3rd...he obviously did not see Pageau was over on that side because that was the most nonchalant blocking away of a shot I think I ever saw
Oh please anderson made a mistake and the Isles capitalized. Thats literally his only mistake in 4 games so far. I dont think chirping anderson is the answer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad