MLB The Show 21 (Xbox, PS5)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
There's at least like 7 cards out of that bunch that are either endgame or damn close to it.

Also I wonder how many people noticed the absolute monster that's lurking in the inventory page that we don't know how to get it yet.

Edit: also if someone could put that Larry Walker on the market I'd much appreciate it

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Should be able to finish Shohei as soon as the game is over tonight lol.

A moment of silence for the 600k stubs I had

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
how do you get that card?

You need 46 all star/home run Derby cards. It's its own collection tab.

30 of them can be acquired just from doing team affinity 3 and the other 16 need to come from either home run Derby packs and whatever all star standouts they release tonight

Adding 14/46 gets you a free Ryne Sandberg for some reason, 30 gets you that juiced Fielder they were showing and 46 gets you Shohei. Fielder and Sandberg along with the henchman HRD Joc and event reward Cespedes also count towards the total.

I'd pick up those derby cards now. Alonso has dropped from 150 to about 90k and he's by far the most expensive. They'll probably skyrocket back up later tonight

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Shohei basically acquired. Bought the 4 all star cards I needed and now I'm just going to sit on one of the 99s since Alonso crashed by about 70k overnight last night

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Holy f*** that collection hurt to do lol.

Basically had just enough to get the 5 ASG cards I needed. Hurts even more watching all the disgustingly good cards selling for basically nothing. David Justice, a WS reward is going for like 40k!

On the plus side I was able to do it without having to cannibalize the pile of Sig cards I have. With Whitey Ford I have 7 now

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
First game with Vladdy and Schwarber and they hit a bomb against deGrom. I plan to platoon Schwarber with Perez but Vladdy can stay in the lineup against anyone.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Since this is my first run with the Show (XBox user) I'm not sure if this always happens, especially so early on, but facing nothing but 99 deGroms online is already growing tiresome...

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Basically everyone with opposable thumbs has 99 DeGrom because he's earned for free just by playing the game.

I've said it like twice already but they need to level the playing field for hitters. All these pitchers with H/9s of like 100 and up are making miserable even at all-star level.

Either nerf pinpoint pitching or nerf pitch speeds.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Basically everyone with opposable thumbs has 99 DeGrom because he's earned for free just by playing the game.

I've said it like twice already but they need to level the playing field for hitters. All these pitchers with H/9s of like 100 and up are making miserable even at all-star level.

Either nerf pinpoint pitching or nerf pitch speeds.
I believe they did give Pinpoint a bit of a nerf recently, but it doesn't seem like enough. It's still incredibly easy to pitch, and incredibly difficult to hit at high difficulties.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah the pinpoint nerf they implemented already basically does nothing. It took me all of like an hour to get used to the finer placement.

One of the free things need to change:

Pitch speeds
Pinpoint difficultly

Or a potentially easier solution: adjust the timing windows a tad. Too many balls die even if they're good contact but slightly off on the timing.

Still enjoy the game but I feel like once I get to hall of fame level hitting I'm basically done lol

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

really great thread by a series veteran that for some reason has been locked. Wonder why that could possibly be.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I think they need to nerf outfielders defense too, too hit a ball in the gap you have to be absolutely perfect. The Buxton type guys just chase down everything.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Yeah the pinpoint nerf they implemented already basically does nothing. It took me all of like an hour to get used to the finer placement.

One of the free things need to change:

Pitch speeds
Pinpoint difficultly

Or a potentially easier solution: adjust the timing windows a tad. Too many balls die even if they're good contact but slightly off on the timing.

Still enjoy the game but I feel like once I get to hall of fame level hitting I'm basically done lol
Pitch speeds used to be way faster and ppl bitched. I would like to see more swing and misses. Sure, against a 99 deGrom, strikeouts may come because of bad timing but my gripe is because of pci placement. I would like to see bad pci placement get more punished. Too many foul balls that should be swing and misses imo.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I think they need to nerf outfielders defense too, too hit a ball in the gap you have to be absolutely perfect. The Buxton type guys just chase down everything.
That's why the game always feels better in the beginning of the year. No OP outfielders. This is something the community has been asking about for years.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That's why the game always feels better in the beginning of the year. No OP outfielders. This is something the community has been asking about for years.

Yeah this part in particular really sticks out to me.

Last night I played a guy who hammered a sinker low and away. Not enough to leave the park, but deep enough in right where it should have fallen for a hit.

My Dominguez somehow blasts across to grab it to the point he got the easy catch animation.

Felt awful lol

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
New collection reward

Requirements

• 25 Milestone
  • 20 2nd Half Heros
  • 35 Prospects
  • 12 Prime
  • 20 Awards
  • 10 Signatures
  • 80 Topps now
  • 45 Monthly
  • 20 Future stars
  • 35 Rookies
  • 25 Breakouts
  • 45 All Stars
  • 40 Veterans
  • 25 Postseasons
  • Jackie Robinson
  • Shohei Otani

hp7yln1nw6f71.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That collection is a joke.

Sucks to be you if you didn't play BR/get to world series because most of those cards are out of reach to finish it in a timely matter

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I haven't touched BR or tried to make WS this year. I think I have most of the cards for the collection. Will find out for sure when I get home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad