MLB The Show 21 (Xbox, PS5)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Had to sell my remaining milestones (Leiter, Green, Roberts) to get the stubs needed but it looks like i should be able to finish the collection relatively easily

I need

one more signature (Vlad Sr covers that for me)

One more future star (Getting Moncada out of the classics pack covers that for me)

Six more player of the month cards (should be covered friday since i have literally every card in that collection as of now)

Three more topps now.

It isn't as bad i thought outside of the prime collection. What a screw job that is. Either pay for over inflated event rewards or old ass BR cards. Yay....

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm in the same boat as you except I need more rewards cards. Skipping the milestone collection but I will keep all the cards I got to go towards the next collection. I should have Mookie once the new monthly rewards cards are released.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
h27taju5fjf71.jpg

gaf6mmsl7lf71.jpg

I'll do the collection but he wont crack my lineup

Last edited:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The whole TA3 and all star content megadrop ruined the game for me. Everything released now feela underwhelming and not worth grinding for. I was hoping that big collection would be a big name legend to entice me to keep grinding but nope Betts was a huge let down. Even the monthly awards sucks cause theres so many more superior 1st baggers. Blah guess I'll be playing Madden again when I was hoping for mlb to carry me to the next CoD release. If anyone knows how to move stubs I have around 2m if anyone wants em.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The whole TA3 and all star content megadrop ruined the game for me. Everything released now feela underwhelming and not worth grinding for. I was hoping that big collection would be a big name legend to entice me to keep grinding but nope Betts was a huge let down. Even the monthly awards sucks cause theres so many more superior 1st baggers. Blah guess I'll be playing Madden again when I was hoping for mlb to carry me to the next CoD release. If anyone knows how to move stubs I have around 2m if anyone wants em.
Betts isn't the "Big" collection fwiw. If someone plans on doing the "Big" collection then grinding is still worth it imo.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Theres a bundle of packs in the store rn. Something about baseball card day.

5 regular packs, a Ballin pack and a random headliner.

Said random headliner spit out a signature Strasburg for me so uh, I got Mookie now so that's kinda lit.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Game Update 14 -

GAMEPLAY

• Higher loss of break for aiming a sinker, changeup, or curveball high in the zone (based on the starting point of the pitch)
  • Fixed an issue that would cause a lack of a tag animation when the runner would come into the base standing instead of sliding
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes allow the ball boy to rob a foul ball
STADIUMS

• Field of Dreams will be available once the update is live. It is listed under Classic Stadiums. More information is here.
UI

• Pitcher’s handedness is now displayed correctly when viewing the opponent’s bullpen
MISC

• Adjustments made for more appropriate crowd reactions with home and away plays
  • Fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent crowd audio from playing during the top of the first inning
  • Updates to the faces of Sal Romano, Clay Holmes, Clayton Kershaw, Darin Ruf, Sergio Romo, and Joey Gallo
They change the high sinker every year but never gets fixed. Early chatter is that it has finally changed.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Team Affinity 4 looks really dope but I'm not sure I can muster up the energy to carry on lol.

The pitching meta will just take Feller and add him to the rotation of fireballers like Verlander, DeGrom, Cabrera and Nolan Ryan to a lesser extent. It's okay to see those guys once and a while but 5 of my first 7 ranked season games games were against DeGrom and then one of the other two were against Cabrera.

Probably just pack it in and come back next year at this point. While incredibly frustrating MLB hasn't made me outright reject it like NHL or Madden so that's a stamp of approval lol

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
TA4 does look great. after a while the fireballers get easier to hit. I've already been rocking Caberera and DeGrom. People are so predictable with them. The thing that makes me not want to continue is the stamina glitch with pinpoint. It makes the bullpen utterly useless. I used to love being patient and work counts to force the starting pitcher out early. can't do that this year. oh well. I refuse to go back to Madden/NHL so this is the only Ultimate Team mode for me haha

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The (presumably) final big collection is...a signature Clayton Kershaw that honestly doesn't look all that good for such a reward.

Might not even bother actually.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Even as a Jays fan I have to admit having a future stars Nate Pearson somehow outclass two of the most dominant pitchers of their respective eras seems a bit dumb, even if it is based on projections.

Maddux having only 100 H/9 when he was the king of generating super weak contact is also a travesty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad