MLB The Show 21 (Xbox, PS5)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Got it. Realized my bullpen is actually deeper than I thought.

Going with Herrera, Dibble, Greene and Devin Williams as my righties. Lefites I got rookie Chapman, Vida Blue, Diekman and Alvarado or Taylor Rodgers. Not really sure on the last one. Should be a fun event though

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This event blowwwwwws lmao.

Everyone just spams low pitches because 95 percent of the time if you hit it it dies in the outfield.

I absolutely unloaded on a changeup down the middle with Chipper and the ball somehow the ball was caught way back at the wall. Literally any other park in the game and that ball is gone.

Also love getting on a fastball, squaring it up and I get "good" timing yet it's a simple flyout. This event exposes how garbage this game can be sometimes. I'll take shippet 10 times out of 10 over this

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I have been starting a reliever for this event. Not even touching my starters lol. Polo is bad but it makes for easy rage quits if I score in the top of the first lol. I should get to 25 wins by this weekend as I don't play much.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Pulled a Trout lmfao. Sold him since i already completed live series so i basically have 500k to just screw around with. Bought that Diamond Dibble and decided to take Al Leiter for a spin.

He's disgusting. Sinker/cutter combo, obnoxious stamina because it's a no hitter milestone and the control, man. i had 11 Ks in my first start with him and at least 7 of them were looking.

As for the event, at this point i'm ready to switch to directional for it lmao. With so few guys throwing gas and the stupidly short porches i feel like i'd have better luck because at this point i feel like i'm being punished for waiting my pitch.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
17 wins in the event thus far. Turns out the play was just waiting for all the stupidly good players to kick the shit out of each other in the first couple days.

I'm on a 5 game streak and I can tell none of the players are any good because none of them I beat are hammering the bottom of the strike zone like you should be in this event. Last 4 guys I beat by basically forcing them to try and hit low and inside or away.

Dominguez is also a very good card. I got annoyed and bought him to see if it was actually worth the grind. He's currently hitting 500 with a dinger and like 5 RBIs through a bunch of games in the event and a couple ranked season games. Only guy to get anything going in my first run in with Crochet too.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
17 wins in the event thus far. Turns out the play was just waiting for all the stupidly good players to kick the shit out of each other in the first couple days.

I'm on a 5 game streak and I can tell none of the players are any good because none of them I beat are hammering the bottom of the strike zone like you should be in this event. Last 4 guys I beat by basically forcing them to try and hit low and inside or away.

Dominguez is also a very good card. I got annoyed and bought him to see if it was actually worth the grind. He's currently hitting 500 with a dinger and like 5 RBIs through a bunch of games in the event and a couple ranked season games. Only guy to get anything going in my first run in with Crochet too.
What do you plan on doing with your outfield? I'm thinking Soriano-Jasson-Trout but I still really like Buxton. Maybe I should move Soriano to 2b idk

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
What do you plan on doing with your outfield? I'm thinking Soriano-Jasson-Trout but I still really like Buxton. Maybe I should move Soriano to 2b idk

Right now my outfield is Jasson, Blackmon and Finley. Jasson firmly pushed Lofton off my squad entirely since he can basically do everything Kenny can, but way better outside of bunting.

Blackmon has been too good to take even with his defense. Most of my games end up at Shippett anyway so the arm isn't that bad.

I feel kinda bad because Buxton is a legit card and he's actually hitting pretty solid for me (.289 average in like 20 games) but there's just guys I feel more comfortable with lol. Curious to see what POTM brings this time around.

Edit: it's kinda sad too because I love Lofton's card (have it at parallel 5) but there's just no place for him in this meta. Base stealing doesn't matter much, bunting only works if your opponent is dumb and he HAS to hit a pitch high since he doesn't have the power to drive low zone pitches.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Season 3 of Team Affinity starts July 12. Looks like it'll be centered around the players going to the all star game.

I'll take a 99 overall Teoscar, thanks. Has to be him I would think since Vladdy and Semien already got jucied cards. I guess Bichette could be possibly too assuming he makes it as a reserve.

That or give me a throwback Delgado or Halladay. Shawn Green got one for his milestone, why not give Delgado one for his 4 HR game?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
r30707if4v971.jpg

0at6b2to4v971.jpg

k68rhr7s4v971.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jesus f*** that Schwarber card is JUICED

Correa looks great too but unfortunately Robert Pauson has won the competition to be my shortstop. Has killed it for me in the event and hit an absolute bomb to put me into Championship Series in ranked

And to think I was almost going to buy Carlos Santana too.

Petition to change the name of Shippett Stadium to Schwarbomb stadium?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
99 Home Run Derby Prince Fielder will be the big collection reward for team affinity 3.

Might be a better card than Ortiz depending on the power stats.

@Hammettf2b any idea what this collection entails for us first year players? I know there's all star cards and derby cards. Expensive to do?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
99 Home Run Derby Prince Fielder will be the big collection reward for team affinity 3.

Might be a better card than Ortiz depending on the power stats.

@Hammettf2b any idea what this collection entails for us first year players? I know there's all star cards and derby cards. Expensive to do?
From what I remember, Derby cards get pretty expensive but drop in price once they start releasing more opportunities to get them. Chances are they are going to be part of the "big" collection as well.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
From what I remember, Derby cards get pretty expensive but drop in price once they start releasing more opportunities to get them. Chances are they are going to be part of the "big" collection as well.

This time around TA3, all star and derby cards are apparently eligible this time around rather than just pure derby cards.

I have like 400k saved up. Let's do this lol

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
This time around TA3, all star and derby cards are apparently eligible this time around rather than just pure derby cards.

I have like 400k saved up. Let's do this lol
I stocked up on a bunch of All Star cards. even have a bunch of extras for a potential price increase that I bought at quicksell. Decided to buy all available Sig Series cards as well. I want to be ready day 1 when the collection drops this time lol.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
All star cards should be in fairly good supply given you get a bunch from TA2 plus 30 in theory from the TA3 collection

Sig series should be easy too since Whitey Ford evolves into one and then you could scoop up Rizzo or Santana for fairly cheap

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
All star cards should be in fairly good supply given you get a bunch from TA2 plus 30 in theory from the TA3 collection

Sig series should be easy too since Whitey Ford evolves into one and then you could scoop up Rizzo or Santana for fairly cheap
ya worst case scenario is I have to quicksell the extra AS cards breaking even. Last year you had to have a lot of Sig cards so Im picking them up as time goes by because they will get way more expensive once the collection is announced.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I wonder if I should scoop up a sig card. There's a stub sale starting on Xbox too so that'll probably drive prices up

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I should have taken Whitey over Cruz.

His evolution program should be easy but the second challenge where you need to hit 2 XBHs in Oakland is so bloody annoying. Oakland's park is a cavern, you get maybe 2 cracks at it since he can't hit righties for shit with his rookie card. Maddening

Have to imagine unlike Gary Carter's nightmare challenges this one will get easier since Cruz's evolved card is actually pretty nasty but still

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I have a lot of catching up to do. skipped out on last weekends content due to the holiday and need to make up for it this weekend. Time to listen to some podcasts while grinding lol

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->