MLB The Show 21 (Xbox, PS5)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Crossplay between the all the consoles too.

That's a day one buy without question. The Show is the only reason i even consider getting a playstation from time to time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I know a couple people here played it on PS4 but is Diamond Dynasty worth a shit?

I heard it's apparently a much more rewarding version of ultimate team but I was curious how it is for someone who's ah...less than excellent skill wise. Does it have a ranking system where I can play against people my skill and such? Would definitely be interested in trying it since apparently it doesn't gouge you for money nearly as hard.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Haven't played this since PS2 days, is the career/franchise mode still good or has it become like all other sports games and forgotten about?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I know a couple people here played it on PS4 but is Diamond Dynasty worth a shit?

I heard it's apparently a much more rewarding version of ultimate team but I was curious how it is for someone who's ah...less than excellent skill wise. Does it have a ranking system where I can play against people my skill and such? Would definitely be interested in trying it since apparently it doesn't gouge you for money nearly as hard.
DD is far and away the best of these Ultimate Team type of modes. It’s very easy to build a great team without spending a penny. Flipping cards for profit is simple because you can see what people are selling them for and the highest offer to buy that item. Simple math will tell you your profit and whether or not it’s worth flipping the card.

I don’t play online often, but yes there’s a ranking system of sorts, but it’s not very firm. You’ll still occasionally play guys who are incredible.

The programs to unlock players is the best part to me. You usually have to collect a reasonable amount of players and then complete specific tasks in game to unlock a great player. There really isn’t anything like it in other modes.

Another great thing is that base cards can change drastically in value. Their overall goes up and down based on recent performance, so if you grab a young guy early in the year when they’re like 65 overall and they tear it up, it’s possible for that card to go way up in overall, and thus value. Knowing the game and the best prospects will definitely help you in the long run.

I could go on. DD is the only mode I play and it’s so good. I’m glad xBox guys get a chance to experience it finally.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I haven’t been this excited for a game in a while. Being able to play a baseball game on XBox is going to be so cool

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Create a stadium????

ltd7dvcy2rg61.jpg

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I played the tech demo and I am floored with the amount of effort they put into this game. I don’t even particularly like baseball but I will be buying this because good games deserve money.

EA and 2K should be ashamed of themselves.

Reactions: John Price

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My dudes, i'm so excited for this game. Haven't played a baseball game in probably 15 years

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Not on pc that's a shame hopefully they wont pull a Ramjagsingh and give pc users false hope every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad