Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
I think it's these comments you made:

"He can only work with what he's got."
"Babcock isn't a miracle worker"

So I guess yeah, it's because you're blaming Dubas. I think "what he's got" is one of the most talented rosters in the NHL.
I don't take that as he called Babcock a genius, is Babcock part to blame? Absolutely. The Players themselves Mathews, Marner, Nylander, and a few others are to blame as well, they Bail on pucks and are totally afraid of physical play, their heads are on a swivel and fail at even accepting a pass when they hear footsteps coming, they bail at going into the corners 1st for the puck if someone is bearing down on them and they coast and do not show up because they have no interest in a hard fought fore checking game and that is not on the coach. This was apparent in last years Boston series as well, guys not showing up who should be dominating because they bail when the physical play is upped.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Mercenary Mitch is paid to be a superstar so it’s disconcerting that tenacity is all he can bring at this point because frankly Kerfoot, Moore and Timashov do it way better and they combine to make about 60% of Marner’s salary.

His point totals don’t matter to me really. He can score at a 90 point pace and I see very little correlation with excellent play shift to shift. He’s typically just soft on the puck, plays cute and still acts like a baby faced rookie in his 4th year while inexplicably having a letter. None of this is good enough.

Think you misread. I said he always had tenacity, however this year, not so much.

It would not be disconcerting at all if he had the same level of tenacity, most would welcome it. It will never be "all" he brings....

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
hes been bad. really bad. No compete, no grit, has just been floating around all season not really doing anything

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
If he continues to play the the way he's been playing, the contract will be harder to move than Phaneuf/Clarkson when it's all said and done.

I expect at least some level of dominance which is non-existent...

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
My neighbours brought me back a marner t-shirt to replace my Marleau one. (Gift for feeding pets and watching house during vacation.)

Any value on the resale market today?

He just doesn't seem to have any space, and when he does he's not making anything happen.

He's this off after missing some training camp, thank goodness he didn't miss first 2 months of the season on top of that.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
If he continues to play the the way he's been playing, the contract will be harder to move than Phaneuf/Clarkson when it's all said and done.

I expect at least some level of dominance which is non-existent...

LOL.

Are you talking about Nylander or Marner?

If Marner keeps up his 90 point pace, that won't be the end of the world.

On the other hand, Nylander is on pace for just 52 points... yikes....

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
LOL.

Are you talking about Nylander or Marner?

If Marner keeps up his 90 point pace, that won't be the end of the world.

On the other hand, Nylander is on pace for just 52 points... yikes....

The problem though is Marner’s impact on the ice often has nothing to do with his point totals. He can still put up glamour numbers but his shift to shift is atrocious.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The problem though is Marner’s impact on the ice often has nothing to do with his point totals. He can still put up glamour numbers but his shift to shift is atrocious.

racking up those PP points, both Nylander and Marner on pace for 38 EV strength points. Marner until this last week got to play with 4 legit talents on the pp to pad that scoring. Now Nylander is there too until JT is back.

So for $10.893M we get 38 ev strength points
for $7M we get 38 ev strength points

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
My neighbours brought me back a marner t-shirt to replace my Marleau one. (Gift for feeding pets and watching house during vacation.)

Any value on the resale market today?

He just doesn't seem to have any space, and when he does he's not making anything happen.

He's this off after missing some training camp, thank goodness he didn't miss first 2 months of the season on top of that.

I'll give you 10.93 cents for it. I'll even round it up to 11 cents for ya.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I don't think he'll ever live up to the contract and as such, could be roasted here

You're probably right. Nothing short of being exceptional will be the normal expectation.

I do hope that he comes around and plays like a man possessed, although his game is high risk, high reward he deserves a little time before he is written off.

In my opinion he has been vastly overpaid to the tune of two million.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAMCRO44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad