Mitch Marner Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
You guys are crazy in here.

Don't know what you go till it's gone.

On a 102 pace right now...there are a lot of problems with this team but Mitch Marner isn't one of them.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
You can't judge contracts based on what they do afterwards.
You can if people use the operator "is" vs "was". As an example. Saying Marner was overpaid is probably a fair statement. Claiming he is overpaid is stupid.
Lot of people here seem to make this mistake when it comes to player evaluation. It is just valuing irrelevance.

Reactions: MyBudJT

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
You guys are crazy in here.

Don't know what you go till it's gone.

On a 102 pace right now...there are a lot of problems with this team but Mitch Marner isn't one of them.
Wonder if Bruins and Oilers fans are complaining about their top scorers who have more turnovers than Mitch? Also less takeaways ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Merrrlin

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Wonder if Bruins and Oilers fans are complaining about their top scorers who have more turnovers than Mitch? Also less takeaways ;)

I honestly think some people's brains basically work like this:

Team is underperforming? YES
Marner overpaid by a couple percent? YES

COMPUTING..........Team losing because Marner is overpaid because of a couple percent! Trade him for......depth!

Saying we should trade him is a joke. We definitely need to improve our D, that's obvious, but this isn't the path unless a prime Norris candidate somehow goes on the market - they won't.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

COMPUTING..........Team losing because Marner is overpaid because of a couple percent! Trade him for....*shutters*...depth!

Saying we should trade him is a joke. We definitely need to improve our D, that's obvious, but this isn't the path unless a prime Norris candidate somehow goes on the market - they won't.
Blame the GM, he screwed up the contracts. After the Nylander and Matthews deal, it was easily understood Mitch was getting over paid. He's lived up to his end, big time and that's all you can ask.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

COMPUTING..........Team losing because Marner is overpaid because of a couple percent! Trade him for......depth!

It would be Nylander and not Marner that would be traded for Dmen help. IMO

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
It would be Nylander and not Marner that would be traded for Dmen help. IMO

This I agree with. Nylander is a much easier peice in general - less production but much better contract. I think there are a lot of teams that would covet him, especially with the resurgence he's had this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->