Minnesota Wild General Discussion XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Stalock is a good guy and I’m sure that’s the reason Russo is framing it the way he is. Has a good relationship with him and doesn’t want to speak ill. But it’s Russo’s job to recognize they finally have NHL level goaltending, albeit two at the position, and there is no reason for Stalock to be here. Certainly no one is giving up anything for him so the next logical move is to put him on waivers for the team’s and Stalock’s sake to see if he can’t get a chance elsewhere.

Otherwise, it’s clear his hockey career is done unless he’s resigned to kicking around the AHL/Europe.
Russo is shilling for his buddy. Stalock being waived is a no-brainer move.

Is there any chance Parise waives his NMC for expansion? There is no way Seattle takes him in any scenario. If management went to him and said hey we’re either going to lose Dumba (trade), Greenway, or Ek unless you waive your clause... we don’t want to move you... but we want to keep this core together and add to them with young pieces...
I wonder if Guerin has the balls to leak this kind of talk to the public. Would be a pretty big dick move, but it would probably work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Is there any chance Parise waives his NMC for expansion? There is no way Seattle takes him in any scenario. If management went to him and said hey we’re either going to lose Dumba (trade), Greenway, or Ek unless you waive your clause... we don’t want to move you... but we want to keep this core together and add to them with young pieces...

Who said Guerin will do this? Unlike you I think he respects Parise who has 800 points in this league.

Guerin has worked for a better locker room, now it's there. Everybody's happy, having fun and playing well. Guerin will not destroy all that by stabbing Parise in the back.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Who said Guerin will do this? Unlike you I think he respects Parise who has 800 points in this league.

Guerin has worked for a better locker room, now it's there. Everybody's happy, having fun and playing well. Guerin will not destroy all that by stabbing Parise in the back.
Parise has been the problem in the locker room

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

He’s already been asked to waive before. What’s disrespectful about asking it again, especially with how much it would help this team out. It’s a business. If Parise wants a better chance at winning a cup, he’ll waive.

Reactions: fgobuzz

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Pretty sure that BG will ask him to do so. Its hard to predict if Parise would be willing. Very little chance that Seattle would select him, so he shouldnt have much to worry about.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Wait how is Parise waiving his NMC a stab in the back? I mean if anything isn’t it the opposite? He’s at the end of his career and if he wants a cup he needs the best possible roster around him. There’s no way Seattle takes his cap hit with how many years he has left. No downside, helps him out with a better roster?

Unless he wants to sabotage his way to a top 6 spot lol

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Russo is shilling for his buddy. Stalock being waived is a no-brainer move.

I wonder if Guerin has the balls to leak this kind of talk to the public. Would be a pretty big dick move, but it would probably work.

I'm pretty sure Russo said as much on a recent podcast.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He’s already been asked to waive before. What’s disrespectful about asking it again, especially with how much it would help this team out. It’s a business. If Parise wants a better chance at winning a cup, he’ll waive.

What if Parise went to the GM and said he wouldn't mind going to the Islanders if the GM can make a trade, because Parise has special connections to that club. That's something else.

He won't leave trying to win a cup, right now the Wild are as good as any team to do just that.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Playing GM in the locker room, dictating lines, dictating PP, bringing his own coach to practice, Clashed with Koivu, Asked for a trade.
Prove it...with all your time spent in the locker room...should be easy.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I'm pretty sure Russo said as much on a recent podcast.
Yes he did. The reason Stalock being claimed would be bad is injury. Then we have...Baribeau? Depth is never a bad thing.

Most of it has been documented. Sorry if you can't keep up with the team, but i'm not here to do your homework for you.
Its been documented that he has acted as GM and dictated lineups? Where? I mean you hate Russo so I doubt It's been there.
And sorry...when you make the claim...it is your job to back it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Yes he did. The reason Stalock being claimed would be bad is injury. Then we have...Baribeau? Depth is never a bad thing.

Its been documented that he has acted as GM and dictated lineups? Where? I mean you hate Russo so I doubt It's been there.
And sorry...when you make the claim...it is your job to back it up.
This. Absolutely this.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The PP coach thing was him and Suter... I remember that.

Playing GM... I’m guessing that was the Brodin/Johansen thing.

Not sure about the dictating the PP or clashing with Koivu. Got nothing there.

Asking for a trade... this is pretty funny.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
How did Carter, Vanek, (mainly) Porter, Rupp, Ballard, Leopold get on this team though the years? Parise and Suter had a plan when they signed here. Parise bringing in Oats for PP coaching. Where is smoke there is fire.
Yeah they brought in Oates and I don't have a problem with that...but you seriously think all those guys were only signed because of two players? Why have a GM then...just have the players do it all..

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
How did Carter, Vanek, (mainly) Porter, Rupp, Ballard, Leopold get on this team though the years? Parise and Suter had a plan when they signed here. Parise bringing in Oats for PP coaching. Where is smoke there is fire.
Or supposition. All I'm hearing is 2nd to 5th hand hearsay and some basic guesswork. None of you know these players, or have spent a second with the team. This is tabloid fodder.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Or supposition. All I'm hearing is 2nd to 5th hand hearsay and some basic guesswork. None of you know these players, or have spent a second with the team. This is tabloid fodder.
There's video of Oates being on the ice with Parise. There's direct quotes from Yeo(someone that sent some time with the team) about the locker room nonsense. There's confirmation about the possible trade to the Islanders from Parise himself. But yeah, probably just tabloid fodder :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad