Minnesota Wild General Discussion XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I love the lineup right now.

The Ek line may not score that much, but they are big guys and they are doing a great job at shutting down the opponent's top line.

Then comes the scoring line. No doubt that Zucc & Kap is a solid duo, chemistry is there. Always talking to each other on the bench, it also helps that Zucc speaks Russian. Rask don't smile much, but even he is having fun now. And the guy has speed, he's right there with Zucc & Kap.

3rd line is doing great with Hartman in the middle, and even the 4th line contributes.

Finally we have some great goaltending, both goalies playing well.​

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Will there be tears peeking out from behind your laughter?
Yeah because he’s my idiot

Are we buying into the hype or not? I don’t see this team as a contender this year given the center depth, but if we add Danault and Rossi to this team next year, not to mention Boldy as well, are we as good as any team in this division?

Last edited by a moderator:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Before that can be answered, we have to know what the division will be next year, and who will be taken in the Seattle ED.

- I am not sure that Danault is the answer for this team...I am so done with giving big contracts to guys heading into their 30's unless they are special. If we can get him at a reasonable amount, then fine. We have already got a terrific shutdown C in JEE, so is Danault what we want? Hindsight is always 20/20, but Trochek would've been a low cost, realistic acquisition for us as a more offensive C that you can have as your top offensive C till Rossi:dunno: is ready.

- It's best not to count on Rossi having anything but a "get acquainted with the NHL" season. Expecting him to be a top 6 C right away is really optimistic.

- Boldy, too, though he is a year ahead in development. I can see him being a useful top 9 guy next year, and maybe a complimentary top 6'er. Maybe he can be part of the solution on the PP, making taking FO's?

- The PP must improve. Team is going nowhere without at least a league average PP, which we used to have under BB.

I think we will be a team capable of winning a playoff series, maybe two, partly because the West is in transition. CA teams are bad, VAN has stumbled, CO continues to be less than the sum of their parts, STL has deconstructed themselves. EDM is EDM, CAL is aging ungracefully, WPG is talented but flawed.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
First in the Honda West division. Still not interested in spending assets at the deadline, and still think we should be selling our rentals.
Absolutely shouldn't be buying, but if we hold onto Bonino and Co. I won't get bent out of shape

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Want to take a run at a center with some ability that isn’t going to cost much. Haula or someone like him would fit the bill. Beyond that, pretty comfortable with the overall lineup barring injuries.

Reactions: GuerinUp

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Absolutely shouldn't be buying, but if we hold onto Bonino and Co. I won't get bent out of shape

I don't think I'll get bent out of shape, especially since Bonino, Johansson and Bjugstad aren't worth anything right now, but I'd still trade one of two of them if we could get a 2nd or something.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I guess I'll ask the question, is Dumba worth two 1st round picks in the 15-25 range?

Are you suggesting we give Seattle both our 1sts this season to protect him, or is there another angle here?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Are you suggesting we give Seattle both our 1sts this season to protect him, or is there another angle here?

Basically, yeah. Two 1sts for them to take, let's say, Soucy.

Haven't deep dived the cap implications yet, but just thinking out loud.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020

Interesting thought. It would probably depend where these picks actually land.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

In a vacuum, probably. Once you consider the cap implications, Addison implications, etc, I don't think so.

If you can't get value for Dumba at this point, you keep him, go 4+4, and hope Seattle takes Soucy over Greenway I guess. Or offer them a small something to take Soucy or Talbot over Greenway.

Then, when the ED is over, you move him for full value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad