Minnesota Wild General Discussion XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
There's video of Oates being on the ice with Parise. There's direct quotes from Yeo(someone that sent some time with the team) about the locker room nonsense. There's confirmation about the possible trade to the Islanders from Parise himself. But yeah, probably just tabloid fodder :facepalm:
First of all, what was ever wrong with Parise working out with one of the best centers of all time? There is a slant there that is wrong.

Someone that spent time with the team? Ooh. You've built up a story in your mind from what you've read over the years. You aren't conveying it well. Vague nonsense.

So Parise made a grab at a cup with the Islanders, the team his father won Cups with. Why not?
Fail to see how any of this makes him a problem.

Let's hear some quotes from his teammates. He's been a team captain in NJ, and for team USA.

I've never heard a single quote from and NHL player about Parise being a problem. If you got em, share.

Reactions: Ban Hammered

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
First of all, what was ever wrong with Parise working out with one of the best centers of all time? There is a slant there that is wrong.

Someone that spent time with the team? Ooh. You've built up a story in your mind from what you've read over the years. You aren't conveying it well. Vague nonsense.

So Parise made a grab at a cup with the Islanders, the team his father won Cups with. Why not?
Fail to see how any of this makes him a problem.

Let's hear some quotes from his teammates. He's been a team captain in NJ, and for team USA.

I've never heard a single quote from and NHL player about Parise being a problem. If you got em, share.
How many cups did JP win with the Isles?
If you're going to ignore all of the facts then I'm sure there isn't a problem. Holy shit :facepalm:

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
If you're going to ignore all of the facts then I'm sure there isn't a problem. Holy shit :facepalm:
You want there to be a problem. You don't like him nor his contract. The guy wants to win and will do what he can to do that. The Oates thing is a non-issue...deciding the lineup or PP has never been confirmed by anyone. And wanting a trade to try and win a Cup? What an asshole...:rolleyes:

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Also Suter held head strong for as long as possible on only playing with Spurgeon. I personally turned sour on Parise awhile ago. Hard to deny they didn’t premeditated the decision to come here with Vanek. I don’t think Vanek was happy with the contract he got offered here but he held his word. He lost 15+ million not signing with NYI before UFA and he only got 3 years with us, compared to 7.

I believe they came here to live at home while getting a NHL salary. While getting their buddies to come along. Fun over winning. They attended to be competitive and they were to a point but the league has to much parity for that to be successful. They came in here thinking they were better and smarter than anyone in our organization currently there at the time.

Didn’t GMBG say he wanted to clear out the country club vibe in the locker room? That’s what I see as the main motive with the Staal trade.

Last edited:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Also Suter held head strong for as long as possible on only playing with Spurgeon. I personally turned sour on Parise awhile ago. Hard to deny they didn’t premeditated the decision to come here with Vanek. I don’t think Vanek was happy with the contract he got offered here but he held his word. He lost 15+ million not signing with NYI before UFA and he only got 3 years with us, compared to 7.

I believe they came here to live at home while getting a NHL salary. While getting their buddies to come along. Fun over winning. They attended to be competitive and they were to a point but the league has to much parity for that to be successful. They came in here thinking they were better and smarter than anyone in our organization currently there at the time.

Didn’t GMBG say he wanted to clear out the country club vibe in the locker room? That’s what I see as the main motive with the Staal trade.

Parise can be ripped for a lot of reasons, but this isn't one of them. Like him or not, Parise is a competitor and wants to win. Same goes for Suter.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Parise can be ripped for a lot of reasons, but this isn't one of them. Like him or not, Parise is a competitor and wants to win. Same goes for Suter.

I don’t question their passion. I question their motive. I said they attended to be competitive and they were. They wanted be competitive on their terms with their buddies. This isn’t the NBA, to much parity and depth to let the inmates run the asylum.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
You want there to be a problem. You don't like him nor his contract. The guy wants to win and will do what he can to do that. The Oates thing is a non-issue...deciding the lineup or PP has never been confirmed by anyone. And wanting a trade to try and win a Cup? What an asshole...:rolleyes:

https://www.startribune.com/mike-ye...-by-wild-looks-ahead-to-his-future/370052101/

He also voiced displeasure with Oates, a Hall of Fame player who used to coach New Jersey and Washington, watching a Wild morning skate from the stands before a game against Buffalo on Jan. 12. Oates apparently is a paid consultant to Zach Parise and Ryan Suter.
“I would say that I would not do the same thing,” Yeo said.

This season did seem to get off on the wrong track when before training camp Parise and Suter brought Oates to Minnesota to work privately on skills and the power play. That didn’t sit well with Yeo or Fletcher, who met with both players.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
How did Carter, Vanek, (mainly) Porter, Rupp, Ballard, Leopold get on this team though the years? Parise and Suter had a plan when they signed here. Parise bringing in Oats for PP coaching. Where is smoke there is fire.

This is complete nonsense.

Those players mostly ended up in ended up in Minnesota because they have MN ties, and were willing to sign cheap to player here.

The one exception is Rupp, who Fletcher and Yeo actively targeted and traded for from their days with the Pens.

Carter didn't sign here because he played half a season with Parise in NJ.

Vanek, Ballard and Leopold have literally never played with Parise or Suter. Maybe Ballard/Leopold have in some international competitions here or there, but no evidence of close friendships there.

Porter is actually someone who had played extensively with Parise growing up (Shattucks/UND), but the Wild didn't even sign him. They claimed him on waivers because they didn't want Graovac being the 13th forward, and wanted him in Iowa. If Parise had the pull you're talking about, the Wild would have given him a contract as a UFA.

Last edited:

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I have a very hard time believing any of those players bring much value to GM and a coach when those transactions were made. Why do the warm bodies got to be Minnesotans? Vanek’s contract is my biggest evidence. He literally was told take this low ball offer or not. He later went on to openly amit he refused to talk to the coaches.

These guys train all summer together. Grew up together. Just because they didn’t play early in their careers together doesn’t mean they aren’t close. Pominville played on the same line with Parise in the World Championships but I excluded him. Yeo and Fletcher had a plan and had a solid prospect pool. Leipold threw that plan away for the excitement of the star power and media attention.

In hindsight, Leipold had two paths to no where so it’s a just a decade lost either way. I just hope the “one of us” stuff is over.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
crap. And they are prepared for him to go through two weeks quarantine?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Vanek lost over $30 million signing here instead of with the Islanders.

Parise AND Suter. Interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I have a very hard time believing any of those players bring much value to GM and a coach when those transactions were made. Why do the warm bodies got to be Minnesotans? Vanek’s contract is my biggest evidence. He literally was told take this low ball offer or not. He later went on to openly amit he refused to talk to the coaches.

These guys train all summer together. Grew up together. Just because they didn’t play early in their careers together doesn’t mean they aren’t close. Pominville played on the same line with Parise in the World Championships but I excluded him. Yeo and Fletcher had a plan and had a solid prospect pool. Leipold threw that plan away for the excitement of the star power and media attention.

In hindsight, Leipold had two paths to no where so it’s a just a decade lost either way. I just hope the “one of us” stuff is over.

Just because that was a strategy Fletcher employed, doesn't mean Parise/Suter had anything to do with it.

Fletcher absolutely did target Minnesotan's he could save 100k on to be warm body roster fillers 4th line/3rd pair and below, they didn't have much value like you said, but that's why Fletcher went for them. We were always tight against the cap, so he was nickle and diming fringe players to save a 50k here, or 100 k there. Wasn't even limited to the NHL team, once that team was in Iowa he targeted MNs for AHL jobs as well (Stalock, Rau, Kloos, Menell, heck even Prosser)

How is Vanek's contract evidence of anything? Everyone and their brother new Vanek wanted to come to MN. For a year and a half MN fans on the trade board refused to offer basically anything for Vanek as it was known he wanted to come to Minnesota for HIM and his family. Suter and Parise had nothing to do with it.

This is some real tin foil hat stuff based on Fletcher trying to get deals on fringe players by playing off their MN roots.

Reactions: 123TripleDoge

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
And it's still a non issue. Yeo had a problem with it ..and I don't care.
The PP sucked. Parise wanted some help...sorry Yeo but get over it.

Thank you for that. I am so tired of having to track down these quotes every 3 months just because others can't keep up with the conversation.
Then don't make claims you can't always back up. Sorry that some of us have lives and don't remember stupid shit from 5 years ago that we didn't care about when it happened.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Then don't make claims you can't always back up. Sorry that some of us have lives and don't remember stupid shit from 5 years ago that we didn't care about when it happened.

Seriously though, I'm sure we all have better things to do than remember how a coach felt 5 years ago

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Yikes... all I have to say at the topic of conversation here (not you specifically Minnewildsota). I have some posters blocked but I can tell that Parise is living rent-free in some posters heads. Let it go, whew.
Yup, full contact message board. Need to go elsewhere for rainbows and kittens.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Oops. You got me there.

However, you still haven't provided any convincing evidence to back your claim the Parise was a problem.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Looks like Stalock was suffering from Myocartidis. Russo said that he was given the instructions of 6 weeks off to keep the heart rate down after the diagnosis, which is identical to the instructions given to Rossi, futher adding evidence that Rossi is suffering from the same thing. Either way, good to see Stalock is doing better and capable of ramping up now.

Reactions: TaLoN and MuckOG

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Oops. You got me there.

However, you still haven't provided any convincing evidence to back your claim the Parise was a problem.
Sure I have. You've chosen to either ignore it or pretend it doesn't exist.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Sure I have. You've chosen to either ignore it or pretend it doesn't exist.
Hearsay, half-assed conjecture, and half-forgotten Russo quotes don't make for a very compelling case. I'd wager his teammates would laugh the hell outta your BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->