Minnesota Wild General Discussion XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
any indication that Fiala would sit the last two? he could be my fantasy savior if he doesn't lol

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
There should be. Doesn't make sense to leave him out once Iowa's season ends this week.
Agree. The more interesting thing would be if he is called up for the final 2 games. If they intend for him to play in the playoffs it makes some sense to get him some ice time with the big club before they start.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Agree. The more interesting thing would be if he is called up for the final 2 games. If they intend for him to play in the playoffs it makes some sense to get him some ice time with the big club before they start.

It wouldn't shock me if we hear in the next 24-48 hours that Boldy has been promoted to the taxi-squad.

Reactions: Slotski

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Even if its a 4th line role. Insert him over Bjugstad.

I agree, ultimately I do think they either stick him on the 3rd line with Fiala or stick him in the pressbox. He's a skill player whose game is likely to some degree ready in the offensive zone to make an impact, but not ready in the defensive zone and doing all of the little things at the NHL level that a 4th line is required to do in a bottom 6 role.

I hope they insert him. In a worst case, maybe you play him 4th line volume of minutes and shelter him heavily in the o-zone and switch him and a 4th line wing in the Fiala line. Might be a nice difference maker and skill injection. I think there's a way to do it. I hope the Wild are aggressive. Even though they are a flawed team, you don't get a lot of seasons where your whole starting lineup is healthy going into the playoffs and the team is on a roll.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I see no reason why Bjugstad or Johansson need to be prioritized in any way in the lineup.
Bjugstad is still getting up to speed after being out, they will keep him in the lineup, more capable bodies the better for the playoffs.

The Rask in OT meme was dumb to begin with considering it was Johansson who singlehandedly lost that game with his turnover, I would pick him to come out for Boldy but who knows what Evason thinks regarding team cohesion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad