Minnesota Wild General Discussion XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Let's enjoy the now and worry later boys. Intrigued to see Johansson inserted in this clicking line up. Bjugstad out? Who shifts on lines?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
No I think if there's a situation where their best option is Soucy, you just let them take Soucy.

Without Dumba on the table, their best option is going to be Greenway, so I guess it ends up being two 1sts for Greenway, which isn't so good.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So don't make any moves until the ED, let this team do what it will.
If you can trade Dumba for a Zucker-like return or better, do it.
Otherwise protect Dumba (4+4), exposing Soucy, Greenway and Talbot.
Let Seattle take their pick.
Move Dumba after the ED for something like a 1st+Frost.

Next year:

Kaprizov-Rossi-Zuccarello
?-Frost-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-Hartman
Foligno-Sturm-?

Brodin-Addison
Suter-Spurgeon
Soucy-?

Kahkonen
?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Without Dumba on the table, their best option is going to be Greenway, so I guess it ends up being two 1sts for Greenway, which isn't so good.

I know Greenway has taken a step forward this year, but as of right now, I still think our best option is to protect Zuccarello, Parise, Ek, Fiala, Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba and let whatever happens happen. If you can offer something pretty minor to get Seattle to take Talbot or Soucy over Greenway, or get Parise to waive, I'd be down, but if it's something that would hurt to lose, just let them take Greenway.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Let's enjoy the now and worry later boys. Intrigued to see Johansson inserted in this clicking line up. Bjugstad out? Who shifts on lines?
Bjugstad has 2 straight games where he has played well with Sturm.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Johansson probably sits if the team continues to win. Once they lose, whichever one of the fourth liners who had the worst game comes out.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I know Greenway has taken a step forward this year, but as of right now, I still think our best option is to protect Zuccarello, Parise, Ek, Fiala, Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba and let whatever happens happen. If you can offer something pretty minor to get Seattle to take Talbot or Soucy over Greenway, or get Parise to waive, I'd be down, but if it's something that would hurt to lose, just let them take Greenway.
If the season continues as it's going right now, Greenway is probably protected over Ek

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If the season continues as it's going right now, Greenway is probably protected over Ek

We can just agree to disagree right off the bat here and both move on.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market

Just because he's the best player, doesn't mean he'd be taken. Talbot would also be a great pickup, compared to the rest of the available goalies. No need to outthink Seattle for them. There were quite a few odd picks last time around and there will be again.

If they take Dumba, fine, we have Addison/Menell ready to step up. If they take Greenway, fine, we have Boldy. Wild managers need to start incorporating a certain composition of contracts between the right players getting paid and young talent that aren't. We haven't had that.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just because he's the best player, doesn't mean he'd be taken. Talbot would also be a great pickup, compared to the rest of the available goalies. No need to outthink Seattle for them. There were quite a few odd picks last time around and there will be again.

If they take Dumba, fine, we have Addison/Menell ready to step up. If they take Greenway, fine, we have Boldy. Wild managers need to start incorporating a certain composition of contracts between the right players getting paid and young talent that aren't. We haven't had that.

There is no universe where they should even have the option to take Dumba.

Reactions: TaLoN and fgobuzz

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Parise waiving would be a godsend for this team

Protect Dumba, trade him after the ED

Lose Talbot in ED

Reactions: fgobuzz

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
There is no universe where they should even have the option to take Dumba.
As you said, we have the 4x4 option, which looks pretty good right now.

Parise waiving would be a godsend for this team

Protect Dumba, trade him after the ED

Lose Talbot in ED
No, it wouldn't be a god send. It'd lock in 20M in cap advantage. Should he retire in the next 5 years, we'd be stuck with that. Gross.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No, it wouldn't be a god send. It'd lock in 20M in cap advantage. Should he retire in the next 5 years, we'd be stuck with that. Gross.

He just waives so we can protect Greenway too. Seattle wouldn't take him.

Reactions: fgobuzz

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
So don't make any moves until the ED, let this team do what it will.
If you can trade Dumba for a Zucker-like return or better, do it.
Otherwise protect Dumba (4+4), exposing Soucy, Greenway and Talbot.
Let Seattle take their pick.
Move Dumba after the ED for something like a 1st+Frost.

Next year:

Kaprizov-Rossi-Zuccarello
?-Frost-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-Hartman
Foligno-Sturm-?

Brodin-Addison
Suter-Spurgeon
Soucy-?

Kahkonen
?
Missing Rask and Parise. Safe to assume they will be here still next year.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Missing Rask and Parise. Safe to assume they will be here still next year.

Actually not going to make the assumption that Rask will be here next season. But if he is, he and Parise can swap in and out of the 4th line ? and 13th forward.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Both 1sts + Rask for Schmaltz + 2nd

Parise waives for expansion purposes only

Seattle gives us a 3rd to not trade Greenway somewhere else

Brackett has 2 2nds and 3 3rds to work with

Protect: Zucc, Fiala, Schmaltz, Erikkson Ek, top 4 D, Kahk

Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Haven't watched any Sabres games lately but their fanbase is saying that Middlestadt has been the only bright spot for them lately and playing like an NHLer. Got to think that franchise is looking for a shakeup, easier to part with him than Eichel to start. He could be a great fit in my opinion.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm starting to get creeped out by how similar Sturm is in looks to Bjugstad.

Haven't watched any Sabres games lately but their fanbase is saying that Middlestadt has been the only bright spot for them lately and playing like an NHLer. Got to think that franchise is looking for a shakeup, easier to part with him than Eichel to start. He could be a great fit in my opinion.
Why would they want to trade him when he is finally starting to play well?

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They still have Eichel, Staal and Cozens, and if Casey is playing well then they might actually be able to get something of marginal value for him finally.

So what are you offering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad