Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
we should really make a dynamic first line with most offensive zone starts. kaprisov - x - fiala. whoever is the most effective offensively minded c needs to be between them. you can see just how offensively gifted kap is, he has the moves and thought process to be quite impressive.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ansimov, at that point in time, was a better center than anything we have right now.

Before we get too excited here, Kaprizov did not "blow by" a guy on the outside to score his goal. He somewhat nonchalantly skated around an AHL Dman who tripped on the Blue line .

Reactions: pfunk

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Ansimov, at that point in time, was a better center than anything we have right now.

Before we get too excited here, Kaprizov did not "blow by" a guy on the outside to score his goal. He somewhat nonchalantly skated around an AHL Dman who tripped on the Blue line .

Was Anisimov really that much better than anything we have? His statlines seem very comparable to someone like Bonino.

Anisimov was basically a 20g+20a type player while his wingers had over 180 combined points.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anisimov (and Bonino) were in their prime when they were in their mid 20's, like the vast majority of players. Bonino is now 32yo, and will turn 33 this season. In hockey terms, for a player of his talent level, that's old age. He is a decent 3C on a good team, a vg #4C.

Oh, and it shouldn't need to be said, but Fiala is no Kane, and KK is likely no Panarin.

Reactions: GordieGallant

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Anisimov (and Bonino) were in their prime when they were in their mid 20's, like the vast majority of players. Bonino is now 32yo, and will turn 33 this season. In hockey terms, for a player of his talent level, that's old age. He is a decent 3C on a good team, a vg #4C.

Oh, and it shouldn't need to be said, but Fiala is no Kane, and KK is likely no Panarin.

I'm just pointing out that a 31 year old Bonino matched Anisimov's 2015-16 production playing with Rocco Grimaldi and Craig Smith.

The point is not to make a comparison between Fiala/KK and Kane/Panarin, but to argue Anisimov wasn't as good as you're making him out to be.

Reactions: MNRube and ctmagic

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
I think that play by Parise is the perfect example to why Parise doesn't belong in the top 6 at even strength. Blind backhand into the slot to nobody instead of gathering the puck, establishing possession, and making a good pass.

Nevertheless … If Parise continues to play with Kaprizov then Zach is going to have a very good year statistically.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Only problem... hearing so many great and creative play calls for just about everyone else... then it gets to Fiala and it's the fingernails on the chalkboard calls... love the video, but to truly enjoy the Fiala plays, you have to turn the sound off.
Yeah Lapanta has the worst goal tag in the NHL. I thought it was interesting that every time he finished his call his mate would start explaining how the score happened, Carter and Louie.

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Shouldn't we wait until we... you know.... see them play?

Voting should be performance based. I have faith he'll do well, but if he lays an egg on the season, he doesn't deserve votes.

Well it's specifically the pre-season all division team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad