Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t know what type of emotional attachment I’ve developed to Fiala, but I’ve noticed my subconscious does not want Kaprizov to come out and be better than Fiala. My natural reaction when Kaprizov does something good is to defend Fiala. Makes no sense. If Kaprizov is better than Fiala, we have 2 incredible wingers. Here’s to hoping we have 2 ppg level wingers

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I don’t know what type of emotional attachment I’ve developed to Fiala, but I’ve noticed my subconscious does not want Kaprizov to come out and be better than Fiala. My natural reaction when Kaprizov does something good is to defend Fiala. Makes no sense. If Kaprizov is better than Fiala, we have 2 incredible wingers. Here’s to hoping we have 2 ppg level wingers

Im kinda at the opposite end where i hope Kaprizov is the next ovechkin. Definately a dream, but you never really know? That being said i still like fiala, and want him to stay here and succeed, i just want kirill to be that much better.

Apparently milbury just got canned from NBC for "insensitive comments" not sure on details

Last edited by a moderator:

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Oiler fan coming in peace. I am in a couple fantasy hockey leagues and in my first draft last night I took a flyer in the last round on Kaprizov, I followed him as a prospect and think he has a real shot to produce off the bat in the NHL.

My questions are 1. What are expectations like for him this season?. 2. I see him slotted on the top line there, if you can call it that yet, is he expected to play significant minutes? 3. Any word how he’s mixed in so far?

My first draft was with many causal, or non, hockey fans so they didn’t even know his name. My next will be with a lot of hardcore fans so he won’t drop as far, so I’m considering picking him again in mid to later rounds if he is available so looking for a little more info. Thanks!

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Apparently milbury just got canned from NBC for "insensitive comments" not sure on details

He said something during playoffs last year about how with the bubble, there are no girls around to distract the players. NBC pulled him off the air basically immediately after that and he hasn't been on air since.

Oiler fan coming in peace. I am in a couple fantasy hockey leagues and in my first draft last night I took a flyer in the last round on Kaprizov, I followed him as a prospect and think he has a real shot to produce off the bat in the NHL.

My questions are 1. What are expectations like for him this season?. 2. I see him slotted on the top line there, if you can call it that yet, is he expected to play significant minutes? 3. Any word how he’s mixed in so far?

My first draft was with many causal, or non, hockey fans so they didn’t even know his name. My next will be with a lot of hardcore fans so he won’t drop as far, so I’m considering picking him again in mid to later rounds if he is available so looking for a little more info. Thanks!

He'll get lots of minutes, be on PP1. Looked very good in the scrimmages they played, and media reports out of camp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zuccarello skating with the team now, I think lines will look like this when he returns.

Parise-Bjugstad-Fiala
Kaprizov-Bonino-Zuccarello
Greenway-JEEk-Foligno
Johansson-Rask-Hartman

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Zuccarello skating with the team now, I think lines will look like this when he returns.

Parise-Bjugstad-Fiala
Greenway-JEEk-Foligno
Johansson-Rask-Hartman
makes more sense to go

Kap - Bjugstad/Bonino - Fiala
Johansson - Bjugstad/ Bonino - Zucc
Greenway - Ek - Parise
Foligno - Rask - Hartman

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Maybe it’s just me but I don’t see the insensitivity with that comment

I think the argument against it is that it's casual sexism, as it implies that women are for sex, and ignores that they're people like everyone else. I mean, there were plenty of men about. Are they not a distraction, and why not? Thinking about it in that way, it becomes obvious why people got offended.

Personally, I think we probably want to avoid a society where you no longer feel you can say anything in jest for fear that it'll be interpreted in a way that you didn't intend, but Mike Milbury has had a lot of those kinds of jokes, and a lot of opportunities to stop making them on national TV. I think this was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Parise-Bjugstad-Fiala
Greenway-JEEk-Foligno
Johansson-Rask-Hartman

Well that sure looks a lot better. Not great, but better.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Imagine waiting 6 years for your savior to cross the pond, watching him become arguably the best hockey player in the world not already in the NHL, and when he finally arrives, you play him with two guys that would clear waivers without so much as a 2nd thought.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I just hope that Kaprizov and Fiala don't get fed up with the lack of forward talent on this team. Boldy(and others) can't get here soon enough. I'd just as soon play them together.

Oh, and in no world should Rask beat out Sturm on the 4th line. I thought Sturm was a bright spot during the scrimmages, and at the end of last season. Large, very good skater, vg defensively, and has some puck skills.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I just hope that Kaprizov and Fiala don't get fed up with the lack of forward talent on this team. Boldy(and others) can't get here soon enough. I'd just as soon play them together.

Oh, and in no world should Rask beat out Sturm on the 4th line. I thought Sturm was a bright spot during the scrimmages, and at the end of last season. Large, very good skater, vg defensively, and has some puck skills.

Fiala and Kaprizov will have at least one skilled veteran on their lines, exactly what they need.

Guerin said it's time to show Rask some respect, that's why he plays.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
it actually makes a ton of sense. Staal will not accept a trade to boston for a 1st + a center. Johansson will.

You really think we are going to get a 1st + a center for just Johansson? Or are you thinking that Johansson will be just a piece of a trade package that would return a 1st + a center?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have been disappointed with Zuccarello's play so far with us, but he definitely would be an upgrade in the top 6 if they are going to keep JEE's line intact as the 3rd. He is smart enough to play with Kap or Fiala, and is a good passer. Bjugstad at this point is a complete mystery, and that's assuming that his back surgery has "taken", and allows him to play without pain.

I have my doubts whether or not JEE can be a top 6 C, but he can't be any worse than Bonino or Bjugstad, and at least he is young, and has the potential to get better if played with more skilled players. I don't get why they aren't at least giving him a shot.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
The Thrill will have every opportunity to score big points.

I do think after the initial first handful of games where the adrenaline wears off, hit a stretch where he is fighting it. It's a new league, new style to some extent.

But he will have PP1 and top two line time. Ovechkin played with some lesser players when he first came into the league. Now, that said, The Thrill is no Ovechkin, the games greatest goal scorer. But, if he can drive play and play smart and cash in on those PP minutes too, we could see a 50 point season.

Likewise, we could see a painful growth year. New country. New game (kind of), new players.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
You really think we are going to get a 1st + a center for just Johansson? Or are you thinking that Johansson will be just a piece of a trade package that would return a 1st + a center?
sorry meant 1st + prospect. i dont know what we will get of them what i am meaning is simply that instead of saying no to a trade like koivu did and like staal did if we are out of the playoffs, instead of coasting into the sunset being happy with life johansson will accept a trade to a new team and in return we actually get something.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Plan: miss the playoffs by icing a meh roster 1 more year. Acquire draft picks and keep building the assets pool. Window opens next year.

Trade at deadline

Johansson late 1st
Bonino 2nd
Bjugstad 3rd in 2023
Hartman 2nd 2022
Foligno 3rd in 2022
Hunt 4th in 2022
Pateryn 5th.

Let Brackett eat.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The Thrill will have every opportunity to score big points.

I do think after the initial first handful of games where the adrenaline wears off, hit a stretch where he is fighting it. It's a new league, new style to some extent.

But he will have PP1 and top two line time. Ovechkin played with some lesser players when he first came into the league. Now, that said, The Thrill is no Ovechkin, the games greatest goal scorer. But, if he can drive play and play smart and cash in on those PP minutes too, we could see a 50 point season.

Likewise, we could see a painful growth year. New country. New game (kind of), new players.
Kaprizov is going to get his ass handed to him if he's stuck with those two for any amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->