Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Kaprizov is going to get his ass handed to him if he's stuck with those two for any amount of time.
I'm not planning on him playing with any specific linemates. Our team is such a mash of players that it will be moved around a lot.

I am planning on him playing top 6 minutes and top PP minutes, which will be enough for him to make an impact.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't know what Guerin has planned for the future, but if he goes into next season without a major upgrade at forward, it's probably time to let him go. And no, Rossi does not count. You can't have players like Parise, Bjugstad, Bonino as regulars in your top 6 playing with guys like Fiala, Kaprizov.

I'm not planning on him playing with any specific linemates. Our team is such a mash of players that it will be moved around a lot.

I am planning on him playing top 6 minutes and top PP minutes, which will be enough for him to make an impact.

Not if he's handcuffed by Bjugstad and Parise the entire year.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Really curious to see what happens when Zuccarello gets back

To me the only logical option is moving Parise to the fourth line rotation and putting Zuccarello in that spot, but that would require Evason to put Parise on the fourth line, and I can't see that happening.

Reactions: 2Pair

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
To me the only logical option is moving Parise to the fourth line rotation and putting Zuccarello in that spot, but that would require Evason to put Parise on the fourth line, and I can't see that happening.
Parise will never be fourth line in a wild sweater sadly.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Parise will never be fourth line in a wild sweater sadly.

Order it like this then so he thinks it's top 6

Johansson-Bonino-Fiala
Parise-Rask-Hartman
Zuccarello-Bjugstad-Kaprizov
Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Greenway

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Order it like this then so he thinks it's top 6

Johansson-Bonino-Fiala
Parise-Rask-Hartman
Zuccarello-Bjugstad-Kaprizov
Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Greenway
lol, that would be great but he wont be kicked down the lineup until it is too late, which honestly feels like its too late now.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If it doesn’t work in a couple games, they’ll switch it up. Kaprizov and Fiala might be playing together by the 3rd period on Thursday.

I think that would be for the best for everyone

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

There's another option, but it’s Johansson playing center.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't know what Guerin has planned for the future, but if he goes into next season without a major upgrade at forward, it's probably time to let him go. And no, Rossi does not count. You can't have players like Parise, Bjugstad, Bonino as regulars in your top 6 playing with guys like Fiala, Kaprizov.

Not if he's handcuffed by Bjugstad and Parise the entire year.

Does Rossi + Boldy + Beniers/Johnson + Dumba trade count?

Yeah, and it's not a bad option, but I think Bjugstad fits better in the top 6 than Parise does.

We have 2 blurry scrimmages of Bjugstad viewing. I’ll wait to opine on where he might fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Does Rossi + Boldy + Beniers/Johnson + Dumba trade count?

Beniers might be bottom six ready in 2021-22. Relying on three rookies all 20 and under is borderline reckless. So it depends on what the trade for Dumba is.

Hypothetically:

Ehlers-Rossi-Kaprizov
Boldy-Eriksson Ek-Fiala
Parise-Beniers-Zuccarello
x-Sturm-Hartman

???

What did you have in mind? The above looks really awkward.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
what if we ran with:

Fiala - Johansson - Kaprizov
Bjugstad - Bonino - Zuccarelo
Greenway - Ek - Foligno
Parise - Sturm - Hartman

im not greatly fond of bjugstad yet but if healthy he does have some skill and his size and handedness can come in handy.

Beniers might be bottom six ready in 2021-22. Relying on three rookies all 20 and under is borderline reckless. So it depends on what the trade for Dumba is.

Hypothetically:

Ehlers-Rossi-Kaprizov
Boldy-Eriksson Ek-Fiala
x-Sturm-Hartman

???

Lets say that Kap really takes off, would a package of Dumba + Fiala for a 1C be a bad idea? by no means do i want to get rid of our only known star in the making but if the future is bright with the prospects coming in and fiala continuing to ascend we should be able to get a quality C in return.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Hypothetically:

Ehlers-Rossi-Kaprizov
Boldy-Eriksson Ek-Fiala
x-Sturm-Hartman

???

Nothing in particular. Just curious about the timeframe that you’d require.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
what if we ran with:

Fiala - Johansson - Kaprizov
Bjugstad - Bonino - Zuccarelo
Greenway - Ek - Foligno
Parise - Sturm - Hartman

im not greatly fond of bjugstad yet but if healthy he does have some skill and his size and handedness can come in handy.

I'm fine with that too.

Lets say that Kap really takes off, would a package of Dumba + Fiala for a 1C be a bad idea? by no means do i want to get rid of our only known star in the making but if the future is bright with the prospects coming in and fiala continuing to ascend we should be able to get a quality C in return.

Unless the 1C is like MacKinnon, this isn't really an option. Swapping out Fiala for a center fixes our center issue, but it doesn't fix our lack of top 6 players issue.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'm fine with that too.

Unless the 1C is like MacKinnon, this isn't really an option. Swapping out Fiala for a center fixes our center issue, but it doesn't fix our lack of top 6 players issue.
indeed it doesnt fix the issue as much as hopefully swap for an equally talented C. then we hope that Boldy is a top 6 player as he looks to be. part if it would be hoping on our prospect development. Rossi as well. a year from now we can expect both to be on our roster. if we swapped for a Fiala level C it could be something along the lines of

Boldy - Fiala level C - Kaprisov
xxx - Rossi - xxx

at this moment without a name it is not great by any means but it could become quite a top 6 in a year or so.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I would be interested in checking in with Washington on the cost to acquire either McMichael or Lapierre (depending on how his season goes) they seem to have an abundance of talent there and may be looking for some D help which we could actually spare. Though PLD would be my ideal acquisition as long as the cost isn’t Boldy or Rossi. I am not nearly as high on the 2021 draft so am less attached to our picks if they can be used for a legit center now. I truly think an elite 1C makes this team a contender.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would be interested in checking in with Washington on the cost to acquire either McMichael or Lapierre (depending on how his season goes) they seem to have an abundance of talent there and may be looking for some D help which we could actually spare. Though PLD would be my ideal acquisition as long as the cost isn’t Boldy or Rossi. I am not nearly as high on the 2021 draft so am less attached to our picks if they can be used for a legit center now. I truly think an elite 1C makes this team a contender.

Yeah but none of PLD, McMichael or Lapierre are elite 1C's either.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Yeah but none of PLD, McMichael or Lapierre are elite 1C's either.
I could argue PLD at least has the potential, the other two would qualify as the kind of depth with Rossi to make our top 6 legitimately threatening, while having a stacked third line and arguably the best D in the league.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I could argue PLD at least has the potential, the other two would qualify as the kind of depth with Rossi to make our top 6 legitimately threatening, while having a stacked third line and arguably the best D in the league.

What qualifies as elite 1C, in your opinion?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
What qualifies as elite 1C, in your opinion?
Someone who can control the play when they are on the ice no matter the competition, I don’t have a points threshold but the way PLD performed in the playoffs he certainly looked like the best player on the ice every time he was out there, offensively and defensively. That is a kind of player that you win with, if they can do it consistently.

Reactions: AKL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad