Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is it concerning that our bottom six has generally looked better than our top 6?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They put Suter with Dumba and Spurgeon with Brodin this period.

Weren't they doing that last period as well? I remember several times seeing Spurgeon with Brodin.

It makes more sense to use Suter-Dumba as the offensive pairing and Brodin-Spurgeon as the shutdown pairing.

Reactions: nickschultzfan

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Ek has been the best center on the ice for this scrimmage. On both ends.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Weren't they doing that last period as well? I remember several times seeing Spurgeon with Brodin.

It makes more sense to use Suter-Dumba as the offensive pairing and Brodin-Spurgeon as the shutdown pairing.

Possibly. I guess I just noticed it this period.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
High praise.

This feels like sarcasm given none of our centers are world beaters, but my point is simply that if this is how it's going to be, he shouldn't be pigeonholed into that third line just because his line is good at what it does and they have chemistry.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This feels like sarcasm given none of our centers are world beaters, but my point is simply that if this is how it's going to be, he shouldn't be pigeonholed into that third line just because his line is good at what it does and they have chemistry.

100% agree.

This is a perfect season to see what we have with him, offensively.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think that play by Parise is the perfect example to why Parise doesn't belong in the top 6 at even strength. Blind backhand into the slot to nobody instead of gathering the puck, establishing possession, and making a good pass.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
nobody talking about the Johansson injury? looked like he fell pretty hard on his shoulder

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
nobody talking about the Johansson injury? looked like he fell pretty hard on his shoulder

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what they do if he misses any regular season games. They don't appear to want to split up Greenway-Ek-Foligno, so takes the spot in the top 6? Rask? Dewar/Mayhew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad