TSN: McKenzie | O’Reilly would be absolute godsend to Canadiens

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What is this about? Just the opinion of Bobby Mac? Or an actual rumour?

Seems to me just a pundit connecting dots. Maybe the recent soundbyte by ROR is tilting the balance.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
OReilly is getting slower, Im not sure its a good idea to trade for him unless you bring a real first line center like Tavares and Oreilly becomes your scond line center... that being said, I sure wouldnt overpay for this guy, no way we include our 2018 first round pick for him.. Galchenyuk straight up for him sounds fair deal to me..

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
OReilly is getting slower, Im not sure its a good idea to trade for him unless you bring a real first line center like Tavares and Oreilly becomes your scond line center... that being said, I sure wouldnt overpay for this guy, no way we include our 2018 first round pick for him.. Galchenyuk straight up for him sounds fair deal to me..
O'reilly is a real first line center. But I agree, only go for him if we get Tavares and Dahlin.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
61 points on the worst team in the league and is elite defensively. Easily a number 1 center.
He is playing about the whole 2 minutes on every PPs the Sabres get with Eichel and cie since the Sabres think they are a powerhouse like Pittsburg and while most NHL teams roll 2 PP units, so I would say his stats are slightly inflated but I can guarentee you that if Bergevin brings him in a first line center role, you will cry your life.. O'reilly hasnt the skills of a first line center, just watch him play a bit, its quite evident...

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
No, but he's not your typical cliches hockey player who has no interests outside of hockey. Kinda of like Subban to be honest.

As long as his "interests outside of hockey" no longer include drunkenly crashing his truck into a Tom Horton's then I'm all in.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Juulsen could and should be in the play if we're dealing for ROR. Buffalo is in desperate need of defensively sound dmen, Juulsen is that plus he's young and sorta expendable (not really unless it's for the right kinda deal but I think ROR is that). Obviously that's just one of the pieces that would go to Buffalo in that trade.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Juulsen could and should be in the play if we're dealing for ROR. Buffalo is in desperate need of defensively sound dmen, Juulsen is that plus he's young and sorta expendable (not really unless it's for the right kinda deal but I think ROR is that). Obviously that's just one of the pieces that would go to Buffalo in that trade.
Only if there’s more to the plan than just ROR

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He is playing about the whole 2 minutes on every PPs the Sabres get with Eichel and cie since the Sabres think they are a powerhouse like Pittsburg and while most NHL teams roll 2 PP units, so I would say his stats are slightly inflated but I can guarentee you that if Bergevin brings him in a first line center role, you will cry your life.. O'reilly hasnt the skills of a first line center, just watch him play a bit, its quite evident...
His average shift on the PP is 47sec, not sure what you are talking about.
NHL.com - Stats

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
We have nothing that would interest the Sabres except our 2018 1st.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Not sure it would be a good idea

High cap hit , declining , not a real number one more of a very good 2c

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not sure it would be a good idea

High cap hit , declining , not a real number one more of a very good 2c

Not even close to declining. The guy has been consistently putting up between 55 and 65 points in the last 6 of 7 seasons (the 7th season being the lock-out shortened season where he had 20 points in 29 games, which is a pace of 57 points in 82 games).

WG

Sep 9, 2008
What do we trade in order to acquire ROR the first time he was traded? Go package up a deal that is better or equal to what the Sabres provided back when. Show us how easy that would of been? ;)
Gallagher, Beaulieu, pick. Or stack up any combination of our 'best' prospects: Mac, Scherbak, DLR, 1st rounder etc. It's not like Buffalo gave up a Lindros-esque ransom to get ROR. Surely we could have topped Grigs, Zadorov etc. if we so chose.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Between Galchenyuk and Drouin I’d rather keep Galchenyuk.

Is there an area Drouin is better than Galchenyuk? Maybe vision? But not by much.

Getting rid of your best prospect without getting back a legit top 6C is amateurish GMing.
Skating. But yeah Chucky gets pretty underrated.......... Mostly by our organization...:sarcasm:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Between Galchenyuk and Drouin I’d rather keep Galchenyuk.

Is there an area Drouin is better than Galchenyuk? Maybe vision? But not by much.

Getting rid of your best prospect without getting back a legit top 6C is amateurish GMing.

This is where the name Gallagher should come up.
All depends on the draft order....if we can pick either Zadina, Svechnikov or Whalstrom, i would move Gallagher and a sweetener for ROR and that should be enough for Buffalo

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018

MTL is also in desperate need of decent dmen. Trading the "best" of our prospects for over-agers and other team's projects is partially why we're in this situation. Will Reilly or Valiev be suitable replacements for Juulsen?
Why are we trading pieces that we need. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad