TSN: McKenzie | O’Reilly would be absolute godsend to Canadiens

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Galchenyuk is a favourite of mine but his skating is an issue. He makes up for it with an unreal shot and hands but he stops moving his feet when he dangles and he keeps his legs wide like a tripod. I am worried he will try to go around someone like that one days and go knee on knee. Unfortunately, guys with that kind of stride use up too much energy to get going and so don’t have long careers like the guys who are effortless skaters.

Edit: Watch Brandon Prust imitate Alex Galchenyuk at #Habs practice

Link to video of Prust imitating galchenyuk. Pretty funny.

I'm not and have never suggested his skating couldn't stand improvement, just that I think it's overstated.

Reactions: Runner77

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I guess you choose to read a negative connotation into the word "narrative" when none was intended. The actual meaning of the word is quite benign and neutral.

In this context, yes I do.

A narrative is a story, which is broader that a simple account of one's take on someone's skating. Using the term "narrative" in this context connotes that the account is either unreliable or disingenuous. I'm not questioning your intent, but that is how I read it.

Why can't opinions be opinions?

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I'm not and have never suggested his skating couldn't stand improvement, just that I think it's overstated.
Never said you did and I’m not saying his skating is terrible either but I always thought his skating was the reason he isn’t being given a fair shot at playing Centre and also why his backcheck leaves a little to be desired.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
In this context, yes I do.

A narrative is a story, which is broader that a simple account of one's take on someone's skating. Using the term "narrative" in this context connotes that the account is either unreliable or disingenuous. I'm not questioning your intent, but that is how I read it.

Why can't opinions be opinions?

I have no problem with dissenting opinions and honestly welcome them. This place would be pitifully boring if we all agreed. :)

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Never said you did and I’m not saying his skating is terrible either but I always thought his skating was the reason he isn’t being given a fair shot at playing Centre and also why his backcheck leaves a little to be desired.

You could be right. What I notice is that Chucky's defensive game, including backchecking has improved more in a full season with Julien than in the previous 4 under Therrien.

I believe his skating has also improved over time, but is not nearly where most of us would like it.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
You could be right. What I notice is that Chucky's defensive game, including backchecking has improved more in a full season with Julien than in the previous 4 under Therrien.

I believe his skating has also improved over time, but is not nearly where most of us would like it.
His skating has improved for sure. I remember he used to have a mad arm swing when he skated without the puck. Not so much now. I hope he continues to work on it.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

In my opinion his biggest problem is along the boards. He just doesn't have that fight in him along the boards. Everything else has improved.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
I really don't see how the Sabres don't go for Pacioretty

They need veterans and a goal scorer to play with Eichel

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Some friends were discuting ROR and the discussion came up to:

ROR Scandella for Galchenyuk Pacioretty Benn.

If you sign Tavares you are somewhere else

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

That was funny from Prust, I would have loved to have seen someone do an impression of him.
giphy.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They can take Pacioretty if that's what they think they need, but i wouldn't ask for O'Reilly back, i would ask for young players and/or draft picks.

So long as Weber and Price are rostered, I can't see the team dispatching a 30-goal scorer for young players and/or draft picks. That's why they're not divulging their infamous plan, I bet you there is no youth movement involved.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
So long as Weber and Price are rostered, I can't see the team dispatching a 30-goal scorer for young players and/or draft picks. That's why they're not divulging their infamous plan, I bet you there is no youth movement involved.
I'd like to think that the more i talk about it and the more i wish it happens that it will. Its Bergevin's last chance and he will go for it while screwing this team even more though.:(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad