Confirmed with Link: McCarthy, Boll to return as Assistants. Mark Recchi, Josef Boumedienne hired as assistant coaches. Niklas Backstrom Hired as Goalie Coach,McCudden out

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
He was DHOp at first but most recently as assistant coach for VGK?
Donskov held the analogous job to McCudden in Vegas.

It seems from this profile in the Athletic that he just liked skills coaching and he was too good at it.

It isn't clear but it seems like he might have stopped doing the executive work for Vegas some years ago? There's no recent mention of it. But he might have still been in a dual role. If the Jackets can bring him in, then I'd love to see him on both sides. Skills coaches would seem to be the best guys to assist in scouting too "tell us who you can fix".
Well in that case, I’ll just say there seems to be a lot of smoke here…

Reactions: JacketFanInFL

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I just realized why the name sounded so familiar. I actually attended their family's camp in 2003. They used to have a camp at the hockey rink in a tent by Anheuser Busch in Worthington (forget the name and it's probably gone anyway). The family had a house with a bunch of land over by Hoover Reservoir for dry land training. They have been in the hockey dev business for decades.
That would be the chiller ice works bubble rink they set up for the hockey season. The business office for them is located on Huntley Rd. Near there.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Yes, it's called Chiller IceWorks now and it is still there - it went through significant renovations a couple of years ago. The Donskovs have a gym near that rink, and a bunch of hockey players (including the local AAA organization) use them for their conditioning programs.
That was my home rink in HS, I used to work there too. I'm curious to see what kinda changes it went through

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Yes, it's called Chiller IceWorks now and it is still there - it went through significant renovations a couple of years ago. The Donskovs have a gym near that rink, and a bunch of hockey players (including the local AAA organization) use them for their conditioning programs.
Can't believe they're still around. Good for them.
I remember one hot morning we couldn't play on the ice because a thick layer of fog blanketed the ice from the hot outside/cold inside condensation.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Can't believe they're still around. Good for them.
I remember one hot morning we couldn't play on the ice because a thick layer of fog blanketed the ice from the hot outside/cold inside condensation.

Man laser tag on ice would be friggin' awesome with those conditions. Dangerous but awesome

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
That was my home rink in HS, I used to work there too. I'm curious to see what kinda changes it went through

It's still a bubble rink, but they replaced the whole canopy covering, added freight car boxes off the side by the locker rooms which now house decent showers and bathrooms for the locker rooms. They also replaced the whole coolant/refrigerant system and the ice quality is generally pretty good. A few years ago, the old system basically broke down and was obsolete and I was sure they were going to demolish the whole rink. Instead the Chiller invested in re-doing it all.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Donskov held the analogous job to McCudden in Vegas.

It seems from this profile in the Athletic that he just liked skills coaching and he was too good at it.

It isn't clear but it seems like he might have stopped doing the executive work for Vegas some years ago? There's no recent mention of it. But he might have still been in a dual role. If the Jackets can bring him in, then I'd love to see him on both sides. Skills coaches would seem to be the best guys to assist in scouting too "tell us who you can fix".
Going back and reading that article. He seems like a guy who isn’t a front office kind of guy. Sounds like he’s much rather be on the ice. Maybe it’s technically a “step down” from his title in Vegas but he seems like the kind of guy you find a place and role for if he wants to come back and be near family and work for the CBJ.

Reactions: MAHJ71

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It's still a bubble rink, but they replaced the whole canopy covering, added freight car boxes off the side by the locker rooms which now house decent showers and bathrooms for the locker rooms. They also replaced the whole coolant/refrigerant system and the ice quality is generally pretty good. A few years ago, the old system basically broke down and was obsolete and I was sure they were going to demolish the whole rink. Instead the Chiller invested in re-doing it all.
They would do that after I graduated and moved on 😂

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Per Hedger on the puck rakers podcast, Misha Donskov will be hired as McCudden’s replacement
What’s next for Columbus’ Misha Donskov? The Columbus native was one of Vegas’ early employees but left the Golden Knights last month shortly after they won the Stanley Cup. The departure of McCudden from Columbus had many in central Ohio wondering if Donskov was “coming home” to work for the Blue Jackets. Perhaps, but Kekalainen told The Athletic this week that he has not spoken to Donskov about a job. Not recently, anyway. “He’s an impressive guy,” Kekalainen said. “I’ve interviewed him once before and I would have definitely hired him if we had a role open at that time. I congratulated him after winning the Stanley Cup. But we haven’t talked to him about a job opportunity yet, no.” Donskov has a close friendship with Babcock and Blue Jackets director of player personnel Basil McRae.

• Wow
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

So what is he waiting for?

The guy is available, Jarmo says he'd love to have him. Pick up the damned phone and at least start the conversation.

It's like a high school kid afraid to ask out the hot girl he likes. A feeling I know all too well.

The question is: is Jarmo telling the truth?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

The guy is available, Jarmo says he'd love to have him. Pick up the damned phone and at least start the conversation.

It's like a high school kid afraid to ask out the hot girl he likes. A feeling I know all too well.

I wonder if Babcock is having these talks, it is his staff. Jarmo could be telling the truth but could also be more to the story

Reactions: CBJx614

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland

I would think he’d want to go back to Vegas. Has that door officially shut?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00